About the JBL Cinema SB350
A wake-up call for your ears
A wake-up call for your ears
It's not uncommon to doze off in front of the TV. But if you're falling asleep because of ho-hum sound, then you've got a problem. Put some energy back into movie night with the JBL SB350 sound bar and wireless subwoofer. Settle in on your couch, because this bar's dynamic sound is going to knock you out of the quiet, comfortable haze your TV's puny speakers have induced. The subwoofer will jolt you to life, after being lulled to sleep by your TV's complete lack of bass response. Just one cable is all you need — either HDMI or optical (both included) — to reawaken your senses and start understanding why movie and TV studios sink so much money into sound design and soundtrack production.
Mount the JBL SB350 sound bar on your wall or place it on your TV stand. The included wireless subwoofer can fit almost anywhere.
An easy fit in almost any room
Worried you can't find room for better sound in your TV room? The SB350 makes it easy for you. The sound bar can be wall-mounted or placed on your TV stand. There's even a switch that optimizes the sound for either setup. Placing the subwoofer is no problem — it syncs wirelessly to the sound bar, so you can place it across the room without running a long wire under your rug or along a wall. An included remote can raise and lower the subwoofer's volume. The bar can also learn your TV remote's volume and power commands, for single-remote use.
Listen to music wirelessly with Bluetooth
The SB350 isn't just for movies and TV. It's also an easy-to-use music playback system thanks to built-in Bluetooth. You can wirelessly stream music from your smartphone or tablet and enjoy for rich, detailed sound. Listen to tunes stored on your device or streamed from apps and music services like Spotify®, Pandora® Internet radio, and YouTube™.
- two-channel sound bar with dual driver modules
- each module features two 2-1/4" full-range drivers and one 1-1/4" dome tweeter
- 160-watt amplifier (peak)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from smartphones and tablets
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- Harman Volume helps keep listening levels consistent across drastic volume shifts such as during commercials
- Harman Display Surround technology simulates surround sound from two channels
- learns your TV's volume and power commands
- EQ switch allows you to fine-tune sound for placement on a TV stand or wall-mounting
- top-panel buttons for power, adjusting volume, selecting source, and activating Bluetooth
- wall-mountable with included hardware
- HDMI output with Audio Return Channel for single-cable connection to compatible TVs
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner or "smart" features via HDMI
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm minijack input
- 38-3/4"W x 3-3/8"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 7.3 lbs.
- 6.5" down-firing woofer
- 160-watt built-in amplifier (peak)
- syncs wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- phase switch allows you to optimize bass performance for your room
- volume control on remote
- 9-9/16"W x 12-5/8"H x 11-1/4"D
- weight: 10.6 lbs.
- HDMI cable
- optical cable
- 3.5mm miniplug-to-RCA adapter
- remote control
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SB350
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- Two 59" AC power cords
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 4' HDMI cable
- 39" Digital optical cable
- 4' Minijack-to-RCA cable
- Wall-mount bracket
- Quick-Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Cinema SB350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Cinema SB350
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||Harman Display Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Tweeter||1.25" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||2.25" Cone (4)|
|Subwoofer Driver||6.5" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||45-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||160|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||160|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-3/8H x 38-3/4W x 2-11/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.3 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||12-5/8H x 9-9/16W x 11-1/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||10.6 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
JBL Cinema SB350: The JBL Cinema SB350 is a 2.1ch speaker system with an active soundbar + wireless powered sub system that will dramatically improve the sound reproduction of your flat-panel TV and connected AV components. It also lets you wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled devices. Designed to complement most flat-panel televisions, the JBL Cinema SB350 is ideal for people who want great sound with big bass performance in a non-intrusive, easy-to-install solution. The SB350 Soundbar system features exclusive Harman technologies, built-in Dolby Digital decoding, as well as HDMI, optical, and auxiliary inputs. The soundbar speaker can be mounted on a wall or placed on a shelf.
- Active Soundbar Speaker: The SB350's active soundbar speaker houses two 1.25" dome tweeters and four 2.25" full-range drivers powered by a 160-Watt amplifier. Its built-in amplification simplifies system connections and operation.
- Wireless Powered Sub: The Cinema SB350's wireless powered sub features a down-firing 6.5" woofer in a bass reflex enclosure (rear-firing port) with a built-in 160-watt amplifier that delivers powerful bass. And because the system is wireless, it puts no unsightly cables between the soundbar and subwoofer. The wireless powered sub offers independent level control (on remote) and 0°/180° phase switch (on back of sub).
Harman Technologies: The JBL Cinema SB350 employs two discrete Harman Technologies for great sound from all content sources.
- Harman Display Surround + Dolby Digital Decoding: Drawing from Harman expertise in movie theater audio, the Cinema SB350 lets you add cinema sound without adding multiple speakers. Employing proprietary Harman Display Surround technology, it creates a virtual surround-sound experience for multiple listeners from a single soundbar. The Cinema SB350 can also decode Dolby Digital soundtracks, which eliminates conversion stages that reduce sound quality.
- Harman Volume: The JBL Cinema SB350 uses Harman Volume technology to makes sudden volume changes smooth and consistent. Harman Volume helps you maintain the same volume level, no matter what you're watching; be it a film, TV show, or TV commercial. No more loud commercials and low dialogue volume.
Variety of Connectivity Options: The JBL Cinema SB350 system offers HDMI, stereo minijack, optical digital, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- HDMI Output w/ ARC: The JBL Cinema SB350 includes one HDMI 1.4 output with Audio Return Channel (ARC), which sends the TV sound back to the soundbar. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB input can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog device connected to the TV will be output as 2ch PCM only.
- Analog + Digital Audio Inputs: The Cinema SB350 features both analog (minijack) & digital (optical) inputs to connect your flat-panel TV and a Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box to the system. The optical digital input will support 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1ch audio. The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- Bluetooth A2DP: The Cinema SB350 features built-in Bluetooth A2DP, which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop/computer, or other Bluetooth-enabled device to the JBL soundbar speaker system. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button. Up to 10 device can be paired, but only one can be used at a time. Once paired, the SB350 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33'). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for music navigation and to view song/artist information.
JBL SoundShift: Through JBL's SoundShift feature, the Cinema SB350 works with your TV and wireless mobile device at the same time to allow you to automatically switch between the audio from your TV and the audio from your phone or tablet.
Remote Control: The Cinema SB350 comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the system. This soundbar speaker system can also "learn" the IR (infrared) volume-control code of your existing TV remote control, taking away the need to keep track of yet another remote for controlling the volume on the soundbar.
Mounting Options: You can place the Cinema SB350's soundbar speaker on a shelf or tabletop, or wall-mount it with the included bracket. A dual-position equalization feature optimizes the soundbar's performance for any location. So you can position it where you choose without compromising sound quality. Because the SB350's powered subwoofer is wireless, you can position it any where in the room (within 25' of the soundbar).
4 questions already asked