- two-channel sound bar with two 2-1/4" full-range drivers per channel
- 240 watts (120 x 2)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from smartphones and tablets
- HDMI connections are compatible with 4K/HDR TVs and devices
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- JBL Soundshift™ automatically switches between your TV and Bluetooth audio sources
- Clear Dialogue mode and Virtual Surround Sound mode
- wall-mountable (brackets included)
- 44"W x 4"H x 3"D
- weight: 7.5 lbs.
- syncs wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- 8" down-firing woofer
- on-board 200-watt amplifier
- subwoofer volume control on remote
- 13"W x 14"H x 13"D
- weight: 21 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- 3 HDMI inputs, 1 Audio Return Channel-capable HDMI output (which feeds TV audio back to sound bar on ARC)
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for 4K broadcast and streaming content
- 1 optical digital audio input
- USB port for firmware updates
- 3' HDMI cable and 5' optical cable included
- system frequency response 40-20,000 Hz
- learns your TV remote's volume commands
- remote control included
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLSB450BLKAM
What's in the box:
- Amplified soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- Two 59" AC power cords
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 39" HDMI cable
- 58" Digital optical cable
- Wall-mount bracket
- Quick-Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
JBL SB450 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL SB450
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||Harman Display Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||40-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||120W|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||100W|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4k|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 3.0|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-15/16H x 43-5/16W x 3-1/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||14-1/16H x 12-5/8W x 14-5/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||21 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar: The JBL Cinema SB450's active soundbar speaker houses four 2.25" full-range drivers (two per channel) powered by a 240W (Peak) amplifier. Its built-in amplification simplifies system connections and operation.
Wireless Powered Sub: The Cinema SB450's wireless powered sub features a down-firing 8" woofer in a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port. A built-in 200W (Peak) amplifier is used to drive the 8" woofer and deliver deep, impactful bass. Because the powered sub is wireless, it puts no unsightly cables between the soundbar and subwoofer (still requires a AC power cord connection). The wireless powered sub offers the following audio adjustments.
- Bass Level Control: The Bass Level Control is on the included remote and adjusts the overall level of the subwoofer to your preference, independent from the systems overall volume control.
- Crossover Frequency: This knob adjusts the subwoofer's cutoff between 40Hz and 200Hz. The higher you set the cutoff control, the higher in frequency the subwoofer will operate and the more its bass will "overlap" that of the soundbar. This adjustment helps achieve a smooth transition of bass frequencies between the subwoofer and the soundbar for a variety of different rooms and subwoofer locations.
- Phase Control: This switch determines whether the subwoofer's piston-like action moves in and out in phase with the active soundbar speaker. If the subwoofer were to play out of phase with the soundbar speaker, some of the sound waves produced by the subwoofer or soundbar could be canceled, reducing bass performance and sonic impact. This phenomenon depends in part on the relative placement of the speakers in the room.
Dolby Digital Decoding: The Cinema SB450 soundbar speaker system will decode Dolby Digital soundtracks via its HDMI or optical digital inputs, which eliminates conversion stages that reduce sound quality.
Harman Technologies: The JBL Cinema SB450 soundbar speaker system incorporates Harman Display Surround & Harman Volume.
- Harman Display Surround: Drawing from Harman expertise in movie theater audio, the Cinema SB450 lets you add cinema sound without adding multiple speakers. Employing proprietary Harman Display Surround technology, it creates a virtual surround-sound experience for multiple listeners from a single soundbar.
- Harman Volume: Harman Volume reduces major volume differences between soft and loud in content and maintains a more uniform volume level. Turn Harman Volume on when watching TV with commercials or late-night movies.
HDMI 2.0a Connectivity: The JBL Cinema SB450 is equipped with three HDMI inputs and one HDMI ARC output. All of its HDMI inputs and output support the latest HDMI 2.0a specification with ultra high-definition 4K video pass-through, HDCP 2.2 compatibility, HDR (High Dynamic Range), ARC, & Dolby Digital.
- 4K Pass-Through: The Cinema SB450 lets you maintain 4K quality from source to screen by allowing 4K video to "pass through" and be displayed on a 4K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you the pure 4K experience makes this soundbar the perfect partner for 4K-capable TVs and Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signal are also supported.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the soundbar's HDMI jacks. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range Video): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the soundbar speaker system's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the Cinema SB450 through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: Because with most televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the Cinema SB450 directly; and then connect the SB450's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Cinema SB450 features both analog (3.5mm minijack) & digital (optical) inputs to connect your flat-panel TV and a Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box to the system. The optical (toslink) digital input supports Dolby Digital & 2ch PCM audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Cinema SB450 features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 to wirelessly pair and connect with a Bluetooth audio device. You can only pair and connect one device at a time. When an already paired device comes wireless range of the SB450, the two units will automatically re-connect. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (like your smartphone or tablet) to the JBL soundbar speaker system. Control and song/artist info is still handled from your Bluetooth source device (not the SB450). The Cinema SB450 has a Bluetooth wireless range of 32'.
JBL SoundShift Technology: JBL SoundShift Technology works with your TV and wireless mobile device at the same time to allow you to automatically switch between the sound from your TV and the sound from your smartphone or tablet.
JBL Connect Technology: Use JBL Connect to wirelessly link two JBL Connect enabled speakers, like the JBL Cinema SB450, together for amplified sound when streaming Bluetooth. The speakers are linked together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same Bluetooth audio source from two different speakers.
Remote Control: The Cinema SB450 comes with credit-card sized IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. If you are using an HDMI ARC connection to your television, then your TV remote control will automatically operate the soundbar for standard commands such as power on/off and volume control (TV must be HDMI ARC & HDMI CEC compatible). If your TV does not support ARC or HDMI CEC, the soundbar speaker system can also "learn" the IR (infrared) power and volume-control codes of your existing TV remote control, taking away the need to keep track of yet another remote for controlling the volume on the soundbar.
Mounting Options: You can place the Cinema SB450's soundbar speaker on a shelf or tabletop, or wall-mount it with the included bracket. A dual-position equalization feature optimizes the soundbar's performance for any location, so you can position it where you choose without compromising sound quality. Because the SB450's powered subwoofer is wireless, you can position it any where in the room (within 25').
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked