About the JBL Soundgear BTA
Your own personal halo of TV sound
Hear TV sound through the JBL Soundgear neckband speaker.
Your own personal halo of TV sound
The Soundgear BTA is JBL's creative solution for a common complaint: TV sound has gotten harder to hear and understand. This package deal includes a Bluetooth transmitter and the wires to connect to your TV or sound system. TV audio signals are sent wirelessly to the JBL Soundgear wearable speaker — also included.
This nifty little speaker rests comfortably on your shoulders. It has four 1-1/4" drivers strategically placed near your ears. So you can hear clear dialogue and sound effects, without cranking up the TV to a volume that disturbs others.
Wireless and hands-free
I rarely get to just lounge while I watch TV — I'm always cleaning up after the kids or folding clothes. This system offers about 50 feet of wireless range to move around in. Your hands are free to do chores, and you can stay more aware of your surroundings than you can with heaphones.
How to connect to your TV
It only takes one cable to connect the BTA transmitter to your TV or audio system. JBL includes both a 3.5mm stereo mini cable and an optical digital audio cable. Other than that, you just plug the transmitter into an AC outlet, then pair up your Soundgear speaker via Bluetooth.
Easy controls and music listening
You'll find convenient volume controls on the left "shoulder" of the Soundgear speaker. When you're not watching TV, you can use Soundgear to listen to music and podcasts. It will connect wirelessly to any compatible Bluetooth audio source — like your phone or tablet.
- transmits sound wirelessly from a TV to a wearable neckband Bluetooth speaker
- speaker comfortably rests on your shoulders
- lightweight, soft-rubber design with cloth lining
BTA20 Bluetooth TV dongle:
- sends audio wirelessly from a TV or stereo to the JBL Soundgear or other Bluetooth headphones/speakers
- Bluetooth 4.1 wireless transmission
- wireless range: 50 feet
- aptX™ Low Latency decoding helps sync audio and video on compatible headphones
- aptX decoding provides high-quality audio streaming
- connects to TV via one of its included cables:
- 40" optical digital audio cable
- 40" stereo mini-to-mini 3.5mm analog audio cable
- USB power cable included
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless audio streaming from BTA dongle or compatible smartphones and tablets
- convenient hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- dual microphone system with echo-cancellation for clear phone calls
- rechargeable battery lasts up to 6 hours
- four 1-1/4" drivers deliver stereo sound
- bass ports help reinforce low end
- three-button controls for music and calls
- USB charging cable included
- frequency response: 100-20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 12.3 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLSOUNDGEARBABLK
What's in the box:
- Wearable wireless speaker (black)
- BTA20 Bluetooth TV dongle
- Two 40" USB charging cables (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- 40" Analog audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end)
- 40" Optical digital cable (Toslink connectors on each end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- FCC and IC Statement
JBL Soundgear BTA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Soundgear BTA
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||8.661" x 7.875"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||100-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: JBL Soundgear BTA is a wearable personal wireless speaker for hands-free and ears-free listening. This horseshoe-shaped device rests lightly on your shoulders and contours to the shape of your neck for a comfortable fit. The up-firing Quad transducers surround your head with the JBL Signature Sound. Because your ears aren't covered, you can stay aware of your surroundings. Intuitive controls are located near the ends, so they're always within reach. With the included Bluetooth wireless transmitter connected to your TV, you can immerse yourself in a movie or music videos. Soundgear BTA is powered by a rechargeable battery, and comes with a USB charging cable. The transmitter uses USB power.
Wireless Transmitter: Soundgear BTA includes a small wireless Bluetooth transmitter that takes the audio signal from your TV and transmits it wirelessly to your Soundgear device. You can connect the transmitter via optical digital or analog cables (cables included). A switch on the front panel lets you switch between "Aux" (analog) and "SPDIF" (digital). With aptX Low Latency, the video and audio are perfectly synchronized, giving you an enhanced movie or music video experience. Up to 2 devices can be paired to the transmitter at one time, and up to 8 devices can be stored in its memory. The transmitter is powered by a USB wall charger (not included).
Bluetooth: The device has Bluetooth 4.2 with HFP v1.6, HSP v1.2, A2DP v1.3, and AVRCP v1.5 profiles. Wireless range is approximately 30 feet. You can pair the unit with up to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously, and seamlessly switch between them as desired.
Quad Transducers: Soundgear BTA is equipped with four 31mm (roughly 1-1/4") drivers to give you an immersive experience in your own personal sound zone. Bass Boost gives the speakers extra power in the low frequencies to help you feel your music as well as hear it. The built-in amplifier outputs 3W x 2 channels.
Dual Microphones: The wearable personal speaker has two microphones so you can wirelessly make hands-free phone calls. Echo-canceling technology helps to make your phone conversations crystal clear.
Controls: Soundgear BTA has intuitive controls that make it easy to control your music or phone calls without taking off the device. On one side are the power and Bluetooth buttons, and the LED indicator. On the other side are volume, music playback, and phone call controls. Music controls include volume +/volume -, play/pause, next track, and previous track. Phone controls are answer call, end call, reject call. The Bluetooth button also lets you switch between two paired sources.
Battery: JBL Soundgear BTA is powered by a 3.7-volt, 800mAh Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery fully charges in only 2 hours via the provided USB cable, giving you approximately 6 hours of music playback or talk time.
- Frequency Response: 100Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Maximum SPL: 111dB
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Rated Power: 2 x 3W
- Exterior: Width 8.661" Height 1.875" Depth 7.875"
- Interior: Width 3.56" to 5.473", Depth 6.75"
- Weight: 12.5 ounces
- Audio Output:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (3dB)
- Signal-to-Noise: 85dB
- Output Level: 1V RMS
- Bluetooth Profile: Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP v1.3
- Nominal Reception Distance: 50 feet (15 meters)
- Dimensions: 2.41" (w) x 0.804" (h) x 2.41" (d)
- Weight: 1.4 ounces.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?