About the JBL Stadium 2
Power delivered in style
Power delivered in style
Amp technology has come a long way since a powerful 2-channel amp would take up half of your trunk. JBL's Stadium 2 two-channel car amplifier can deliver 100 watts RMS per channel to your front speakers — serious power from a compact chassis that fits easily into most vehicles. Or, you can power a subwoofer with up to 240 watts RMS from the amp's bridged channels. The variable high- and low-pass filter optimizes the amp's output to your speakers or subs, increasing the efficiency of the system.
You can use this amp's preamp outputs to connect to a subwoofer amp, like the Stadium 600 or Stadium 1000, so your system will have plenty of low-end punch — a remote output connection on this amp will even turn on your sub amp. The Stadium 2 can accept low- or speaker-level inputs so it'll work in almost any system, and JBL includes RCA-to-speaker wire adapters for your convenience. They've also included their proprietary electrical anti-rotational locking (E.A.R.L.) ground terminal, for a more conductive and secure ground connection for the amplifier.
Stadium 2 signal connections and controls
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 120 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 240 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- or low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire-to-RCA adapters included)
- E.A.R.L. ground terminal included
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- dimensions: 8-7/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 7"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STADIUM 2
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp ATO fuses (1 installed)
- 2 Speaker wire-to-RCA adapters
- EARL ground terminal (for 4-gauge wire)
- Three 1/2" Self tapping screws
- Heat shrink (1-3/16" long)
- Four 2" Screws
- 2-pin Remote input (Phoenix) plug
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ German/ Dutch/ Italian/ Finnish/ Swedish/ Danish/ Turkish/ Japanese/ Korean/ Chinese/ Indonesian)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Stadium 2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||700 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||120 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||240 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-35k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
E.A.R.L. Terminal: An Electrical Anti-Rotational Locking (E.A.R.L.) terminal is provided for the ground wire. The terminal is designed for 4-gauge wire and requires a large crimping tool to secure. Three screws are included to attach the terminal to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes two speaker wire to RCA adapters, for connecting the amp to the speaker-level output of a factory radio or aftermarket head unit.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for overheating, DC voltage on the audio output, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), and short circuits. An LED lights red if the amp goes into protection mode.
- Gain: rotary dial; labeled min/max; range depends on how the Input Level switch is set
- Input Level: 3-position switch:
- Lo: line-level input only; input gain range 200mV-2V
- Hi1: speaker-level or line-level input; no input gain range is given
- Hi2: speaker-level input only; input gain range 2V-20V; Hi2 contains a circuit designed so the factory audio system "sees" a speaker connected to its output (some factory radios mute their output when they detect no speaker connected)
- Crossover: 3-position switch; choose LPF (low-pass filter), HPF (high-pass filter), or Full (no crossover)
- Frequency: rotary dial; continuously variable from 32 Hz to 320 Hz (the slope is 12 dB/octave)
- Auto Turn-on: 2-position switch; if the source unit has no remote turn-on wire, set the switch to Auto, which turns the amplifier on when it detects a speaker level signal on the input; set to Off when connecting a remote turn-on lead
- Power/Ground: The power and ground set screw terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire (although JBL appears to recommend 4-gauge in the manual, given the 30-amp fuse in the amp, we recommend 8-gauge minimum). JBL also recommends an in-line 100 amp fuse within 18" of the battery.
- Remote Turn-On: The Remote Turn-on terminal is a 2-pin Phoenix (or Euroblock) connector that accepts up to 16-gauge wire (20-gauge recommended). There is also a remote out on the terminal to trigger a second amplifier.
- Speaker Outputs: The speaker outputs are also set screw terminals, and will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The amplifier's minimum speaker impedance is 2Ω, 4Ω when the amp is bridged.
- RCA Inputs: The amplifier has one pair of RCA jacks for the input, compatible with either line-level or speaker-level signals. Two speaker wire to RCA adapters are included.
- Preamp Outputs: A pair of full range RCA outputs is provided for sending a line-level signal to a second amplifier.
The JBL Stadium 2 replaces these items
- 240 watts RMS x 1 bridged
- wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing
- preamp and speaker-level inputs