About the Under Armour® True Wireless Flash — Engineered by JBL
Under Armour's first truly wireless headphones
Under Armour's first truly wireless headphones
It's as true with workout headphones as it is with workout clothes — fit and durability are key. My favorite pair of sweats are made by Under Armour — the premium materials they use are a cut above your typical gym gear. Same with the waterproof, 100% wire-free Under Armour True Wireless Flash earbuds.
There's no cable connecting the left and right earbud, given you extra freedom while you run and exercise. Soft-grip silicone ear tips and stabilizers help keep the rugged headphones from slipping out or moving around. As for the audio? It's covered by JBL, so you get energetic sound with deep, quick-attack bass.
Ready for any weather
The UA Flash earbuds play music wirelessly via Bluetooth, so you can keep your phone safely tucked away when you're working out in bad weather. You shouldn't have to worry too much about the headphones themselves. Those durable, high-grade Under Armour materials are all rated full IPX7 waterproof.
A comfortable, secure fit
Three different sizes of ear tips are included, to help you get a secure and comfortable fit. With in-ears like these, a tight seal helps you get the best possible sound, especially when it comes to the bass. The earbuds can be worn with or without winged attachments, depending on what feels best to you.
In the gym, it's sometimes OK to shut out the world and focus on your workout. But if you're running or exercising out in the real world, you need to stay aware of your surroundings. With these headphones, you can tap the "UA" logo on the right earbud to choose one of the special listening modes:
"Ambient" mode lets you hear external sounds mixed in with your music. "Talk Thru" mode turns the music off and uses buit-in mics to pick up people's voices. This is helpful when someone tries to strike up a conversation, and you don't necessarily want to take out your earbuds.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- 5.8mm dynamic drivers tuned for energetic sound with deep bass
- touch control for controlling music, calls, and "bionic hearing" modes
- built-in microphone for making calls
Designed for running and workouts:
- IPX7-rated waterproof design
- made of premium UA "Stormproof" materials
- "bionic hearing" modes help keep you aware of your surroundings during workouts
- ambient/aware mode lets you hear external sounds while you listen to music
- Talk Thru mode shuts off music and uses built-in mics to pick up voices
- Sport Flex Fit silicone ear tips are designed to avoid pressure points and stay secure
- includes 3 sizes of ear tips for a customized fit
- 3 sizes of winged ear tip enhancers to help keep earbuds in place while you move
- free one-year premium membership to Under Armour's MapMyFitness app for Apple® and Android™
Charging Case and Battery Information:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 5 hours of listening
- water-resistant aluminum carrying case banks up to 20 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- USB cable included for charging case
General Info and Specs:
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.6 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UAJBLFLASHBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless in-ear ear buds
- Charging case
- 3 Pairs of Sport Fit ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of Freebit Enhancers (1 pair installed)
- 12" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- FCC and IC Statement
- Attention sheet
- MapMyRun promo card
Under Armour® True Wireless Flash — Engineered by JBL reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Under Armour® True Wireless Flash — Engineered by JBL
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.827" x 0.827"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-22k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Under Armour True Wireless Flash ear buds, engineered by JBL, are wireless in-ear headphones with no connecting cables to hold you back from maximizing your workout. Each individual ear bud has a built-in rechargeable battery, plus touch controls for power, music playback, phone calls, and activating your voice assistant. The True Wireless Flash ear buds come with three pairs of silicone Sport Fit ear tips, three pairs of winged Freebit Enhancers, and an aluminum charging case.
Drivers: The UA True Wireless Flash ear buds are equipped with JBL 5.8mm dynamic drivers that deliver the JBL Signature Sound with a wide frequency range of 20Hz-22kHz.
UA Stormproof Waterproof Technology: The UA True Wireless Flash ear buds are IPX7-certified to protect the internal components from water and sweat. This splashproof design keeps them performing in the rain or during a workout.
Bluetooth: The ear buds connect to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth 4.2 (2.402-2.480 GHz). The ear buds support A2DP (V1.3), AVRCP (V1.5), and HFP (V1.6). Pairing the ear buds to your smartphone or tablet requires touching and holding the left and right ear buds for at least 3 seconds.
LED Indicators: Each ear bud has a small LED to indicate the charging and pairing status. In addition, there are four LEDs on the charging case to show the charging status in 25% increments.
Microphones: Each ear bud has a built-in microphone for making phone calls, and using your smartphone's built-in voice recognition like Siri and Google Now.
Bionic Hearing: Two JBL Bionic Hearing sound technologies are utilized to help you stay aware of your surroundings as you wear the True Wireless Flash. The TalkThru feature lowers your music while amplifying speech, allowing you to easily hold conversations with others while wearing the ear buds. AmbientAware increases ambient sounds as you listen to your music, helping you to become more aware of your surroundings. This increases safety when walking or running in high traffic areas.
Touch Controls: The UA True Wireless Flash features intuitive touch control that lets you pair the ear buds, play/pause, change tracks, take calls, and activate the Siri or Google voice assistant, by simply tapping on the earpiece. Volume must be controlled on the source unit.
Ear Tips: The ear buds comes with three pairs (S, M, and L) of Sport Flex Fit silicone ear tips, ensuring you get an airtight fit regardless of the shape or size of your ear. In addition, three pairs of ergonomic winged Freebit Enhancers are included to give you a more secure fit during rigorous activities.
Rechargeable Batteries: Each of the UA True Wireless Flash ear buds contains a 3.7-volt 110mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The charging case contains its own 1500mAh rechargeable battery for over 20 hours of total backup charge. Fully charged ear buds provide up to 5 hours playback/talk time, giving you a total of 25 hours of playback/talk time. The ear buds charge in the case in approximately two hours. A 15-minute quick charge will give you approximately 1 hour of playback time. The ear buds charge in the provided case with the supplied Micro USB cable.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 22kHz
- Drivers: 5.8mm dynamic
- Impedance: 14Ω
- Sensitivity: 95dB (at 1kHz/1mW)
- Maximum SPL: 113dB
- Ear Buds: Diameter 0.827", Depth 0.991"
- Case: Width 1.198", Height 1.679" Length 3.377"
- Ear Buds: 0.6 ounces (both)
- Case: 4.1 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked