About the JBL Xtreme 3
Need high-energy sound for your next party? The JBL Xtreme 3 portable Bluetooth speaker can kick out your tunes wherever the action is. It's completely waterproof and dustproof. So on the beach, by the pool, out in the snow — it's all good.
Big sound, big bass
The Xtreme 3 has two 3/4" tweeters and two 2-3/4" woofers with dual passive radiators for big sound with big, bold bass. And it packs 100 watts RMS to really punch out the sound.
JBL Connect app
Download the free JBL Connect app to your Apple® or Android™ device to get things rolling. The app lets you pair two Xtreme 3's for two-channel stereo. Or pair even more compatible JBL speakers for even bigger sound.
- Bluetooth 5.1 for streaming with compatible devices
- simultaneously pair up to 2 devices
- IP67-rated waterproof and dustproof
- two 2-3/4" woofers and two 3/4" tweeters
- dual side-firing bass radiators
- 100 watts RMS (2 x 25W woofers + 2 x 25W tweeters)
- frequency response 53.5-20,000 Hz
- JBL Connect app
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- access Siri or Google Now voice commands
- remotely controls volume
- pair two Xtreme 3 speakers for stereo
- connect up to 100 compatible JBL speakers for simultaneous playback
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 15 hours
- USB charging port for portable devices
- adjustable, detachable carry strap with bottle opener
- AC power adapter included
- 11-3/4"W x 5-3/8"H x 5-5/16"D
- weight: 4.33 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLXTREME3BLUAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 59" USB-C cable)
- Shoulder strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
JBL Xtreme 3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Xtreme 3
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Dust-proof/Waterproof (IP67)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (15 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||Yes|
|Runs On AC Power||Yes|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||100|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Waterproof & Dustproof Design w/ Shoulder-Strap: The JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth speaker features an ultra-rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Xtreme 3 is IP67 waterproof & dustproof rated which means you can take it almost anywhere; you can even submerge the Xtreme 3 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. The included shoulder strap lets you carrying it with you on a hike, to the pool, the patio, the porch, on a picnic, and more. The shoulder strap even features an integrated bottle opener for added convenience.
- The Xtreme 3 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure that the JBL Xtreme 3is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the Xtreme 3 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose the Xtreme 3 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Room Filling Sound: The JBL Xtreme 3 employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using four active drivers (including two 0.75" tweeters and two 2.75" woofers), a built-in 100W amplifier (25W to each driver), and dual 3" side-firing passive radiators, the JBL Xtreme 3 delivers room-filling, full-range JBL sound with big bass response. The JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
Bluetooth 5.1: The JBL Xtreme 3 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.1 with support for wireless audio (A2DP 1.3) and control (AVRCP 1.6). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the Xtreme 3. You can control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. However, you will still continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information. The Xtreme 3 can pair with multiple devices and allow two devices to be connected at the same time so you can switch back and forth quickly between source devices. Once paired, the Xtreme 3 will automatically re-connect with the last paired device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The JBL Xtreme 3 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
JBL Portable App: Use the JBL Portable App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly pair two JBL Portable compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL Portable compatible speakers to create a bigger party (same audio source is played back through all JBL Portable speakers). Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Portable app.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Xtreme 3 is outfitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone jack or analog audio output. The Aux input is located behind a waterproof rubber cover.
USB Charging Ports: The JBL Xtreme 3 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth mobile devices from the speaker's USB-A (5V/2A) and USB-C (5V/1.5A) ports. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your smartphone and/or tablet powered up. The USB charging ports are located behind a waterproof rubber cover.
Note: This USB port does not support audio playback. There is also a mircoUSB port for service purposes only.
Battery + AC Power: The JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth speaker has a built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery (36.3Wh) that provides more than 15 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included AC power adapter; a full battery charge takes approximately 2.5 hours. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
The JBL Xtreme 3 replaces these items
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 15 hours
- built-in microphone with echo reduction and noise-cancellation for wireless speakerphone operation
- USB port to recharge smartphones and tablets
4 questions already asked