About the JBL Xtreme
Make a splash at your next party
Make a splash at your next party
The JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker delivers high-energy sound with massive bass from the music streamed from your smartphone or tablet. And the speaker's durable fabric covering and rugged rubber housing can handle splashes and gentle rain, and even running tap water. So you can use it poolside or out in the woods (just don't submerge it), and rinse it off afterwards. The speaker's connectors are protected behind a tight seal — just zip it shut.
To make the Xtreme fully water-resistant, just zip the seal to the access ports shut.
Big sound, bigger bass
If you want loud, you want an Xtreme. This brawny speaker system delivers clean, clear sound from its full-range drivers. And the dual passive radiators help the Xtreme kick out big, bold bass. Thanks to JBL's advanced digital signal processing, the Xtreme can project rich, full sound without distortion.
Bluetooth for one — or more
Stream music wirelessly from any smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth to the Xtreme. You can even pair it with up to three devices simultaneously so you and two friends can take turns being the DJ.
Download JBL's free control app to your Apple® or Android™ device, and you have even more options. Create your own impromptu sound system by wirelessly connecting two or more JBL Connect-enabled speakers — like the Xtreme.
When your paired smartphone receives a call, the Xtreme turns into a speakerphone. Its built-in microphone uses SoundClear® technology to minimize echo and filter out ambient noise. Both you and your caller will enjoy a conversation with clear, natural sound.
The Xtreme delivers up to 15 hours of operation from its built-in rechargeable battery. And the speaker has dual USB charging ports for portable devices. So if your smartphone and/or tablet's running low on juice, the Xtreme can help keep the music playing.
- built-in Bluetooth
- range: 30 feet
- built-in microphone with SoundClear echo and noise cancellation
- splashproof fabric cover and rubber housing
- JBL control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- simultaneously pair up to 3 devices in Social Mode
- remotely controls volume
- connect two or more Xtreme speakers for simultaneous playback
- call answer button for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- two full-range drivers with two passive bass radiators to reinforce low frequencies
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- 10,000mAh built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 15 hours
- AC power adapter included
- 11-1/8"W x 4-7/8"H x 4-7/8"D
- 4.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLXTREMEBLKUS
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 42" DC cord)
- 4' AC power cord
- Shoulder strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Xtreme reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Xtreme
Splashproof Design w/ Shoulder Strap: The JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker features a rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Xtreme is "splashproof", which means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even clean it with running tap water (just don't submerge it). The included shoulder strap lets you carrying it with you; to the pool, the patio, the porch, on a picnic, and more.
Room Filling Sound: The JBL Xtreme employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using four active drivers (two 1.375" tweeters/two 2.5" woofers), a built-in 20W x 2ch amplifier, and dual 3" side-firing passive radiators, the JBLXtreme delivers room-filling, full-range JBL sound with big bass response. The JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
Bluetooth 4.1: The JBL Xtreme features Bluetooth version 4.1 with support for Bluetooth profiles A2DP v1.3, AVRCP v1.5, HFP v1.6, and HSP v1.2. The JBL Xtreme supports wireless audio streaming and hands-free communication, as well as multi-device pairing.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The JBL Xtreme streams stored music and music apps wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac laptop/computer and more. You are able to control basic playback functions like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Xtreme speaker. Song/artist information will still need to be viewed from your Bluetooth audio device.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP/HSP): The JBL Xtreme features a built-in noise & echo canceling microphone so you can use it as a hands-free speaker phone for your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, Blackberry, and more. Use the Xtreme to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. A long press of the call-answer button will activate the voice command feature of your smartphone (if applicable). You will continue to use your Bluetooth smartphone to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Multi-Device Pairing: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Xtreme. Up to three devices can be paired with the speaker at once, so you and your friends can take turns streaming music. Once paired, the JBL Xtreme will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JBL Xtreme.
JBL Connect App: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 7+ or Android OS 4.3+) to wirelessly link two JBL Connect enabled speakers, like the JBL Xtreme, together for amplified sound. You are able to link two speakers together so each speaker acts as a left or right channel for stereo sound. You can also link two speakers together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same music from two different speakers.
Dual USB Charging Ports: The JBL Xtreme is capable of recharging the batteries of your Bluetooth-enabled devices from the speaker's two built-in USB (type-A) ports; each rated at 5V/1A. If you are only charging one device, then the single USB port charge is doubled to 2A for even faster chargint. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up.
Note: This USB port does not support audio playback.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Xtreme is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Battery + AC Power: The JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker has a built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery (10,000mAh) that provides more than 15 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the speaker's AC power adapter; a full battery charge takes approximately 3.5 hours. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
LED Indicators: Clearly visible LEDs let you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Xtreme is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
The JBL Xtreme replaces these items
- ceramic-coated aluminum chassis with water-resistant silicone sealants
- four 1-3/4" full-range drivers with dual passive bass radiators to reinforce low frequencies
- USB port to recharge smartphones and other compatible devices
7 questions already asked