About the Jensen CDR7011
Big picture, small footprint
Big picture, small footprint
Seems like every new car has a touchscreen these days. But if you have an older vehicle with a smaller dash opening, you may think it's impossible to add one to your car. With Jensen's CDR7011 DVD receiver solves this problem, with a 7" motorized fold-out touchscreen display built into a slim single-DIN chassis, meaning it'll fit where other receivers don't.
You won't have to worry about distraction when you're driving with this Jensen. A dedicated voice activation button lets you interact with your smartphone's assistant for tasks like sending texts, while Bluetooth® hands-free calling lets you talk while your eyes are on the road. The high-resolution touchscreen puts controls and apps at your fingertips.
Your favorite media and streaming
Got streaming services, podcasts, and online radio on your phone? You can enjoy all of them with Bluetooth audio streaming. For physical media you can spin CDs and DVDs, plus play files from USB thumb drives. An 8-band equalizer lets you tailor the sound to match your car and your taste.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- motorized 7" retractable high-resolution touchscreen
- four selectable wallpaper backgrounds
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- push-to-talk voice assist button
- fits single-DIN openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 8-band EQ and 6-preset tone curves
- inputs: front USB input, front aux in (minijack), rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub), A/V output (RCA)
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDR7011
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver with 7" retratable touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Preout/Video harness
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male mono-minijack connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 4 ISO-screws
- Self-tapping screw
- Rear-support screw
- Lock washer
- Flat washer
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
Jensen CDR7011 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen CDR7011
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen CDR7011 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The CDR7011 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports playback of AVI/MP4 video files, MP3 music files, and JPEG photo files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW
- Off Insert/Eject: You can insert or eject a disc with the unit is powered off. The unit will automatically turn on and the retractable monitor will open when a disc is inserted, if powered off.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 15 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged. The retractable monitor does not automatically close when a disc is ejected.
USB Port: The Jensen CDR7011 is equipped with a front-panel USB port for playback of audio and photo files from a connected USB mass storage class device formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 - such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Supported media files include AVI/MP4 video files, MP3 music files, and JPEG photo files. The USB port (5V/1A) will also charge USB enabled devices, such as your smartphone.
Notes: This head unit's USB port does not support Apple iOS devices, Android devices, USB hubs, and card readers.
File Compatibility: The Jensen CDR7011 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3 (8-320kbps; 8-48kHz)|
|Number of Folders/Files||200 folders/2000 files (2000 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, Album Art|
Playback Control: The CDR7011 provides various playback & search functions to find and enjoy your MP3 music files. Playback functions include Play/Pause & Random/Repeat. Search functions include Folder/File List & Previous/Next Track.
Song/Artist/Album Display: The CDR7011 will display artist name, song title and album title (including album art). It also displays the elapsed playing time of a song or track.
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen CDR7011 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the CDR7011.
Hands-Free Communication: The CDR7011 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external wired microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can increase or decrease the volume level of a call, using the head unit's rotary knob on the front panel. You can also transfer calls between the receiver and your Bluetooth enabled phone.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the CDR7011, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook (manually transferred) using the Jensen's CDR7011 touchscreen. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the CDR7011's touchscreen. If your phone supports voice recognition, you can even use your voice to dial a number from your contacts.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen CDR7011 allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the CDR7011. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit will also display song/artist information (no album art) from a connected Bluetooth audio device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Push-To-Talk Voice Assistant: When connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone with Siri or Android smartphone with Google Assistant or Bixby, you can access the mobile device's digital voice assistant through the Jensen receiver by pressing the "Push-to-Talk" button on the front-panel. You'll speak your command into the head unit's front-panel microphone and the digital voice assistant will be heard through your vehicle's speakers (music playback will be attenuated). Compatible digital voice assistant functions include hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more. You'll be able to ask your digital voice assistant get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your compatible smartphone. The head unit's audio is attenuated while the digital voice assistant provides voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other digital voice assistant functions are only audible through the Jensen head unit; visual data will still need to be viewed from your smartphone device).
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the Jensen CDR7011 are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the CDR7011 are as follows -
- CTA-2006 Specs: 16 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/6Ch Pre-Outs: The Jensen CDR7011 is equipped with six 4.0-volt pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading. This unit does not offer subwoofer level control or a low-pass crossover filter.
Equalizer: The Jensen head unit offers 6 EQ presets (Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Flat, User) that can be easily selected to tailor the sound to your genre of music. The User preset allows you to manually adjust the receiver's 8-band EQ (62, 150, 500, 1k, 3k, 7k, 12k, 16k Hz) so you can further fine-tune the sound to match your music content and preference. You can save a different EQ setting or preset for each source.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
Source Level: The level (-7 to +7) of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and direct tuning. The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Aux Input: The Jensen CDR7011 receiver is equipped with a front-panel Aux input that consists of a 3.5mm jack for connection an external portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output. The Aux input only supports audio playback (not video compatible).
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Backup Camera Input: The backup camera input consists of a composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rearview camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is automatically displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (violet/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic rearview video switching can be set to 0.5, 2, or 3 seconds.
Note: The camera input is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the camera inputs when driving. In addition to using the camera input, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when maneuvering your vehicle.
7" Retractable Touchscreen Monitor: The Jensen CDR7011 features a retractable 7" touchscreen LCD monitor with a resolution of 800 x 480p with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive graphics, making menu navigation easy. The retractable monitor offers 5 viewing angle adjustments. The Jensen CDR7011 also offers a variety of display adjustments.
- Selectable Wallpapers: You can select from 4 wallpaper backgrounds (does not support custom images).
- Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the display's Brightness Contrast, Hue, Sharpness, & Saturation (from -4 to +4).
- Auto Dimmer: The brightness of the LCD screen can be automatically triggered with your vehicle's headlights. The illumination wire of the the receiver must be connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit. When the headlights are turned on, the unit's display screen will dim. When the headlights are turned off, the display screen brightens.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Secondary Display & Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the 7" retractable touchscreen monitor, the Jensen CDR7011 is equipped with a secondary front-panel display, as well as a 3-way rotary dial and six push-button controls. With the 7" retractable touchscreen monitor closed, you can still control functions such as power on/off, eject, source selection, volume up/down, previous/next track, phone answer/end, and push-to-talk. The secondary front-panel display indicates source selection, volume level, and song/artist/album information (no album art).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
Optional Steering Wheel Controls: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (see Accessories tab).
The Jensen CDR7011 replaces these items
- motorized 7" retractable touchscreen with selectable color backgrounds
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 8-band equalizer with 8 preset tone curves
14 questions already asked