About the Jensen CMR3710
A touchscreen that takes up half the space
A touchscreen that takes up half the space
You want to upgrade to a touchscreen receiver, but your car's dash doesn't have the real estate for a double-DIN (4" tall) receiver. Jensen's CMR3710 digital multimedia receiver is a solid option, combining a 2" tall radio with a 7" motorized touchscreen that gives you access to a nice set of entertainment features.
Bluetooth, of course
The CMR3710 enhances your car's entertainment system with built-in Bluetooth®, so you can stream your music library or favorite apps from any smartphone. You can take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel, while an external microphone ensures excellent call quality, even in noisy vehicles.
How do you want to listen? Using a portable music player via the front aux input or playing songs off a flash drive plugged into the front USB input. Jensen includes a rear USB reserved just for charging your phone as well. You'll also have good ol' AM/FM with 20 presets for tuning in your favorite stations easily.
Build from here
This Jensen also offers an 8-band equalizer and six 4-volt preamp outputs for a clean connection to any amplifiers powering your speakers and subs. Build the system you've always wanted and steer the ship with the handy touchscreen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- motorized 7" retractable touchscreen with selectable color backgrounds
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays MP3, MP4, WMA, and XviD files
- 8-band equalizer with 8 preset tone curves
- subwoofer controls
- inputs: front and rear USB inputs, front aux (minijack), rear-view camera video and audio inputs (RCA), front-view camera input (RCA), front microSD card slot
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CMR3710
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ motorized-retractable monitor (15A fuse)
- Mounting sleeve (installed)
- Triming-ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rear-support stud
- 4 Machine screws
- Flat washer
- Lock washer
- Quick Start Guide
Jensen CMR3710 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen CMR3710
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Built-In Bluetooth: The Jensen CMR3710 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (such as iPhone or Android) to the head unit.
- Hands-Free Communication: The CMR3710 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free (you can also set the receiver to automatically answer an incoming call). The integrated front-panel microphone (no external mic input) carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can also make a call using the head unit's touchscreen; supported call functions include Phonebook Contacts, Direct Dial Keypad, and Recent Call Log.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The CMR3710 supports wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), allowing you to wirelessly streaming and control audio content on your Bluetooth source device through the Jensen receiver. You can control basic music playback functions including Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track (advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device). This unit will even display song/artist/album information (no album art) on its touchscreen monitor. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
- You will need to initially pair your Bluetooth enabled device with the Jensen CMR3710. Only one device can be paired and connected at a time to the CMR3710.
- This unit does not suppot an external microphone.
Front-Panel microSD Card Slot & USB Port: The Jensen CMR3710 features a front-panel microSD card slot and USB port for playback of MP3/WMA music files, XviD/MP4 video files, and JPEG photo files loaded onto a microSD/SDHC memory card or USB thumbdrive. The unit supports microSD/SDHC memory cards and USB thumdrives up to 64GB. Your microSD/SDHC memory card or USB thumbdrive must be formatted in FAT 16/32. The USB port (5V/1A) will also charge USB enabled devices, such as your smartphone. The microSD card slot and USB port is located behind a flip-out cover on the front-panel.
- Playback Control: The CMR3710 provides various playback & search functions to find and enjoy your MP3/WMA music files, XviD/MP4 video files, and JPEG photo files. Playback functions include Play/Pause & Random/Repeat. Search functions include Folder/File List & Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist/Album Display: The CMR3710 will display artist name, song title and album title (including album art). It also displays the elapsed playing time of a song or track.
- Video and photo playback is only possible when you have connected the head unit's Pink wire to your vehicle's parking brake circuit and the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- This head unit's USB port does not support, Apple iOS devices, Android OS devices, USB hubs, or card readers.
- There is also a rear-panel USB port (5V/1A) for charging purposes only; does not support audio/video/photo playback.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can even automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. In addition, there is a preset Scan function that allows you to quickly search through your presets on the current selected band.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The Jensen CMR3710 is outfitted with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external audio source, such as a portable MP3 player with a headphone jack output.
Note: The front-panel Aux input does not support video. This unit does not contain an AV input or output.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the CMR3710 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the CMR3710 are as follows -
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
2V/6Ch Pre-Outs: The Jensen CMR3710 is outfitted with six 4.0-volt pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading. Even though the unit has a subwoofer output, it offers no built-in low pass crossover filter or subwoofer control.
EQ: The Jensen digital media receiver offers 6 EQ Presets that are easily adjustable, and an 8-Band EQ that provides manual adjustment. The 6 EQ Presets include Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Flat or User. The User mode allows manual adjustment of the unit's 8-Band EQ (62, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 12k, 16k Hz). EQ settings are saved by source input (not globally).
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-7dB) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the receiver's Tuner, USB, microSD, Aux, or Bluetooth sources.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
7" Motorized-Retractable Touchscreen: The Jensen CMR3710 features a motorized-retractable 7" touchscreen LCD monitor for easy visibility and simple control. The unit provides brightness, gamma, contrast, sharpness, saturation, and hue adjustments. It also lets you select between 4 different wall-paper backgrounds. In addition, you can adjust the angle of the monitor for better visibility.
- Secondary LCD Screen: In addition to the 7" motorized-retractable monitor, the CMR3710 features a secondary LCD screen that can be used during music playback for track & song information. You will need to use the 7" LCD touchscreen monitor for menu functions and to view video.
- Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the front-panel. You can adjust the color of the head unit's button illumination from Red, Purple, Blue, Green, Orange, and Red.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's Pink wire must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Remote Control: The Jensen head unit comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote The Jensen CMR3710 comes supplied with a 21-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the digital media receiver, including Bluetooth hands-free phone functions.
- Optional SWC Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (see Accessories tab).
Front & Rear Camera Inputs: The Jensen CMR3710 features dual camera inputs for adding a front-view and/or rear-view camera (both sold separately - see Accessories Tab). There is a front camera input and a rear camera input. Both camera inputs consist of a composite RCA jack. The rear camera input also features a corresponding analog audio input that consists of a mono-RCA jack. The rear camera input also features automatic video switching when the head unit's Green/White wire is connected to your vehicle's reverse light circuit and your vehicle is put into reverse gear. The automatic video switching delay can be set to 0.5, 2, or 3 seconds.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked