About the Jensen MPR2121
What you need
What you need
Modern car stereos can feature a wide variety of options, but sometimes all you want is a simple, inexpensive unit that gives you what you need. Jensen has a history of supplying great sound and great value. Their MPR2121 digital media receiver keeps that tradition alive and adds the convenience of Bluetooth® and a compact shallow-mount design that fits almost any dash. With its upgraded feature set, Jensen's MPR2121 is ready to deliver the performance you're looking for in a simple, budget-friendly package.
Let's work together
The MPR2121 works in concert with your phone or other Bluetooth devices for hands-free calling and audio streaming. Its built-in interface includes an internal microphone for convenient use and a dedicated push-to-talk button for your smartphone assistant. Download the iPlug Smart Remote app to your Apple or Android device for remote control over audio and playback settings, plus control the MPR2121's lighting – even select your own custom color illumination.
Searching for the sound
This unit gives you everything you expect from a basic receiver in a well-thought-out package. The tuner features 30 presets for your favorite stations, you can play MP3 or FLAC files through the USB input, and a 3.5 mm minijack aux input provides even more options. Four preset EQ modes help you dial in your sound. And with 16 watts RMS (50W peak power x 4 channels) you'll get plenty of wide-range digital sound.
Jensen brought special lighting to this stereo to give you great looks to go with their great sound. The unit's front panel includes an easy-to-read 12-character display as well as vivid and colorful illumination. The unit can auto-cycle through the available LED colors, and you can select from over 32,000 custom hues using the iPlug app.
- digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- smartphone control via J-Link P2 app (iPhone and Android)
- push-to-talk button for smartphone assistant
- plays MP3 and FLAC music files
- 12-character high-definition LCD display
- customizable variable-color illumination with auto-changing illumination
- iPlug Smart Remote app adjusts audio and lighting
- plays USB memory devices (no smartphone control)
four preset EQ curves
- inputs: front USB and 3.5mm inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
- built-in microphone
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MPR2121
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Trim-ring (attached)
- Mounting sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty/Register Card
Jensen MPR2121 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen MPR2121
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, FLAC|
Built-In Bluetooth: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth with support for hands-free communication (HFP) and wireless audio streaming (A2DP/AVRCP), you can make hands-free calls and wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the Jensen MPR2121 digital media receiver. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the Jensen MPR2121 via a SSP (Secure Simple Pairing). You can pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the Jensen receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP): You'll be able to answer incoming calls from the head unit's front-panel or set the unit to answer a call automatically. Incoming phone call information is displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD. You can quickly redial the last number from the head unit, but no other calls can be made from the head unit alone. In order to make a call you must first make the call from your smartphone and it will automatically transfer over to the head unit. Use the integrated front-panel microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the Jensen MPR2121 digital media receiver. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Advanced music navigation and song/artist/album information must still be done from your smartphone device. This unit does not display song/artist/album information from a Bluetooth device.
Note: The Jensen MPR2121 does not come with an external microphone and does not support connection of an optional external mic.
Voice & App Control: The Jensen MPR2121 also supports Push-To-Talk Voice Assistance and App control via Bluetooth for compatible Apple iPhones and Android smartphones.
- Push-To-Talk Voice Assistant: When connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone with Siri or Android smartphone with Google Assistant or Bixby, you can access the mobile device's digital voice assistant through the Jensen receiver by pressing the "Push-to-Talk" button on the front-panel. You'll speak your command into the head unit's front-panel microphone and the digital voice assistant will be heard through your vehicle's speakers (music playback will be attenuated). Compatible digital voice assistant functions include hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more. You'll be able to ask your digital voice assistant get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your compatible smartphone. The head unit's audio is attenuated while the digital voice assistant provides voice prompts.
- J-Link P2 Smart App: The J-Link P2 app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 5.0+) connects to the Jensen receiver via Bluetooth and allows you to control select functions of the receiver from your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device. Supported control functions include Power, Source, Volume, Tuning, Playback, Audio Settings, and more.
Note: The MPR2121 does not come with a wireless remote control and does not support steering wheel control.
USB Port: The front-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3 and FLAC music files, basic playback control, song/artist/album information display, and charging via USB.
- Control: You'll be able to control playback functions such as Folder/File Access, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Repeat (All/One/Folder), Radom (All), and Intro (10 seconds).
- Display: The receiver will display the song/artist/album information from your MP3 music files loaded onto a USB thumbdrive.
- Charging: The USB port is rated at 5V/1A and can be used to charge your smartphone device when the vehicle and/or radio is powered on..
Note: The USB port does not support playback from an Apple iOS or Android OS device. The USB port does not support USB hubs or card-readers.
Aux Input: The front-panel Aux input consists of a female 3.5mm minijack that allows you to connect an external audio device that features an analog output or headphone jack.
AM/FM Tuner: The Jensen MPR2121 digital media receiver offers a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to a total of 30 radio station presets (18 FM / 12 AM). Preset stations can be stored manually or automatically. You can select between US and European tuning.
CTA-2006 Compliant Amplifier: The power specifications for the Jensen MPR2121 are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 16 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
2V/6Ch Preouts: The Jensen MPR2121 is equipped with three pair of 2-volt preouts for the front, rear, and sub channels. The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading.The head unit does not offer independent subwoofer control (there is no adjustable sub level and no low-pass crossover).
Audio Settings: The Jensen digital media receiver offers 5 Preset EQ Curves - Classic, Pop, Rock, Flat, and User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass & Treble from -7 to +7dB. Activating the Loudness feature will enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes. You can also set the head unit to turn on at a specific volume each time you turn the unit off and on.
Variable Color Illumination: The head unit's large 12 character LCD provides you with a comfortable viewing experience, featuring a Clock display and support of song/artist/album information from a connected USB MSC device. You can choose between 32,000 color combinations for the LCD and button illumination (the LCD and button illumination are not discrete and will be the same color). The LCD screen also offers dimmer and brightness adjustments.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
The Jensen MPR2121 replaces these items
23 questions already asked