About the Jensen VM9126
A big screen for smaller budgets
A big screen for smaller budgets
Jensen's VM9126 DVD receiver sports a bright 6.2" touchscreen display that gives you easy access to the receiver's functions, and its stylish looks will be a welcome change to any dashboard that's cursed with a bland-looking factory radio.
The VM9126's 6.2" touchscreen makes a bold statement.
Style isn't the only upgrade
You can use the VM9126's video screen to enjoy DVDs when you're parked, and the front-panel audio/video input provides a convenient connection for a camcorder, game console, or other sources. When you're ready for some music, you'll find the front USB input handy for plugging in your iPod® or iPhone®, or for thumb drives loaded with MP3 and WMA files. Fill an SD card with your top tunes, then store it in the front-panel slot — it's almost like having a CD changer in your dash. And of course you can play your favorite store-bought or recordable CDs, including discs you've loaded with MP3 and WMA files.
Get the sound you want
Adjust the audio output of the VM9126 with the 3-band equalizer, or keep it simple by selecting one of the eight preset EQ curves. You can add more kick to your system by connecting an amp or powered subwoofer to the preamp outputs.
- in-dash DVD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control — Jensen jLinkUSB cable required for viewing video content
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices
- 3-band equalizer with 8 preset EQ curves
- low-pass filter and subwoofer level controls
- inputs: front A/V input, front USB input, front SD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: composite video out; 3-channel preamp outputs (2-volt rear and mono sub)
What's in the box:
- Multimedia receiver with integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Trim ring
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Preamp harness
- Parking brake/reverse harness
- Metal backstrap
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- Self-tapping screw
- Hex-head screw
- 6 Pan-head iso-mount machine screws
- Operating Instructions
- Installation Guide
- "STOP" sheet
- Limited Warranty information
Jensen VM9126 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen VM9126
Features & specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (f)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (front)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||13 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VM9126 features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following aspect ratio modes - Full (the entire screen is extended horizontally to the aspect ratio of 16:9) or Normal (the conventional display image has a 4:3 aspect ratio of horizontal to vertical, leaving a blank area on the right and left sides of the display).
- Selectable Backgrounds: You can select from five background wallpapers (Engine Buttons, Green Cubes, Red Swirl, Tribal, and Blue Haze).
- Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the picture's brightness & contrasts manually between -10 and +10.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the VM9126 also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control).
Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire (within harness) must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
2-DIN Chassis: The Jensen VM9126has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is no mounting-sleeve for Euro-mount vehicles. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
12 or 24 Hour Clock: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, preset, and direct tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
- Preview Scan: The Scan function will play the first five seconds of each station, until you find a station you like.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Disc Compatibility: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, so you don't have to wait for the unit's monitor to retract. The VM9126 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
SD-Card Slot: The Jensen VM92126 is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA audio & JPEG photo files recorded on SD/SDHC memory cards (up to 8GB).
Front-Panel USB Port: The Jensen VM9126 features a front-panel USB type-A port for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of MP3/WMA audio files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 on a connected USB mass storage class device. The head unit also supports JPEG still image playback via USB. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/500mA), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VM9126 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW||USB, SD/SDHC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to
WMA: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
|Video|| MPEG-1 |
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 total songs/files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags|
Playback Functions: The Jensen VM9126 offers a variety of playback functions to enjoy your music, video, and photo files.
- Slow Motion: Plays the current DVD video title in slow motion.
- Repeat Play: Repeat Chapter, Titles, Tracks, and Folders on a disc, SD-card, or USB device.
- A-B Repeat: A-B Repeat allows you to repeat a specific section of a DVD.
- Random Play: When playing a disc, SD-card, or USB device you can play audio tracks/files in random order.
Search Functions: The VM9126 provides various search functions to find your music, videos, and photos.
- Playlist Screen: The Playlist Screen provides a search list for music, video, or photo files stored on your MP3/WMA disc, SD-card or USB device.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: When playing a disc or USB device, there are four fast-play speeds in both directions - 2x, 4x, 8x, and 20x.
- Intro Scan: During music playback you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file.
- Direct Search: During disc, SD-card, or USB playback you can use the numeric keypad on the touch-screen display to access a chapter/track directly.
Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit powered off. You cannot insert a disc with the head unit powered off.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Jensen VM9126 supports connection to either Dock-connector or Lightning-connector Apple iPods and iPhones.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector iPod/iPhone: The optional jLink-USB cable (110JLINUSB, sold separately) allows you to connect your iPod or iPhone to VM9126 through the head unit's front-panel USB port and 3.5mm AV input. This type of connection supports playback of audio/video content stored on your Apple device, as well as music and movies streamed to your iPhone from select apps. If you only require iPod/iPhone audio playback, you can simply connect your iPod/iPhone to the VM9126 via the USB/Dock connector cable that came with your iPod/iPhone.
- Lightning-Connector iPod/iPhone: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback from music stored on the device or select music apps streamed to the iPhone 5/5C/5S. These devices do not support video output.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. You can use the VM9126's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, or Podcast. You can browse your videos by Movie, Music Videos, TV Shows, Video Podcasts, Rentals, and Video Playlists. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Many iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection, but Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked.
Information Display: The Jensen VM9126 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VM9126 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (12/23/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
- *Requires the Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device for audio playback only. These devices do not support video output.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VM9126 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VM9126 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
Note: The unit has a heat management system which incorporates forced-air cooling to keep the chip-sets operating at nominal temperatures for reliable operation and sound quality.
2V/3CH Preamp Output w/ Sub Control: The VM9126 is equipped with three 2-volt preamp outputs (Left/Right Rear + mono-Sub). The rear preamp outputs offer balance/fade control and are designed to connect to a full-range amplifier. The mono-subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and designed to hookup to a mono-block subwoofer amplifier. The Jensen VM9126 offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Crossover: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Crossover for subwoofer preamp output. You can select from 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (+/-14) from the DVD receiver.
EQ: The VM9126 features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Acoustic, Urban, Rave, Latin, Dance, Hip Hop, Rock, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency/Level).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-14 to +14||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-14 to +14||0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 1.25|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-14 to +14||Fixed|
Audio Enhancements: The VM9126 offers a variety of audio adjustments to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
- DRC: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
- Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-6dB) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VM9126's Radio, Disc, USB, iPod, or AV input.
- Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-40) every time you power up the radio.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Front-Panel AV Input: The VM9126 features a front-panel 3.5mm AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device such as a portable digital media player. This input is also used to connect the optional jLink-USB cable for iPod/iPhone video playback.
Video Out: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever video signal that is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. You can choose for the monitor to display a Mirror mode image or a Normal mode image from the rear-view camera. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
3 questions already asked