About the Jensen VX2529
Step up to multimedia fun
Step up to multimedia fun
Jensen's VX2529 DVD receiver comes loaded with features that'll put that tired old factory radio in your car to shame. The 6.2" touchscreen display offers easy control of your music, both stored and streaming, with easy-to-use icons that open your favorite sources. Built-in Bluetooth lets you take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel and listening to your favorite music services and podcasts.
iPhone® control and more
Plug your iPhone into the convenient front-panel USB input and enjoy direct control over your stored music from the touchscreen controls. For more entertainment options, this Jensen will play nearly any kind of disc, and includes an microSD card input for media files, while the front auxiliary input offers an easy way to plug in other sources. If you want to put together a car A/V system, two video outputs allow you to hook up screens for your passengers, while an A/V input lets you connect a video player or camera. For the safety-minded, a dedicated input on the rear panel accepts an optional rear-view camera.
Good sound starts with a powerful built-in amplifier, with a 7-band equalizer on tap for tone shaping. For the extra "wow" factor, try out the surround sound effects that alter the sound field with options like concert, church, live, and more.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.2" LED touchscreen display
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 3 selectable wallpapers
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
Smartphone Features: (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad music control
- works with Jensen J-Link Smart Remote app
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and microSD cards (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 7-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- surround sound effects
- inputs: front USB input, microSD card slot, front auxiliary input (mini), rear audio/video input (RCA), rear-view camera input
- outputs: two video outputs, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VX2529
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (3V CR2025 battery installed)
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO screws
- 8 Pan-head ISO screws
- Quick Start Guide
Jensen VX2529 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen VX2529
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Built-In Bluetooth: The Jensen VX2529 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (such as iPhone or Android) to the head unit.
- Hands-Free Communication: The VX2529 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free (you can also set the receiver to automatically answer an incoming call). The integrated front-panel microphone (no external mic input) carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen or by transferring the call from your mobile phone to the head unit. *This unit does not support Phone Book Access, Call Logs, or Voice Dial functions.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The VX2529 supports wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), allowing you to wirelessly streaming and control audio content on your Bluetooth source device through the Jensen receiver. You can control basic music playback functions including Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track (advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device). This unit will even display song/artist/album information (no album art) on its touchscreen monitor. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Notes: You will need to initially pair your Bluetooth enabled device with the Jensen VX2529. Only one device can be paired and connected at a time to the VX2529.
iPod/iPhone USB Direct (Lightning Connector Only): The Jensen VX2529 supports direct connection of select Apple iPods and iPhones with a Lightning connector through its front-panel USB port. The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device through its USB port.
- Music Browsing: You can use the VX2529's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Your Apple Lightning device will still allow you to navigate stored content and apps from the Apple device's touchscreen.
- Song/Artist/Album Display: The Jensen VX2529 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's front-panel USB connection provides 5V/1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VX2529 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (5/5/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen VX2529 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The VX2529 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW
- Off Insert/Eject: You can insert or eject a disc with the unit is powered off. The unit will automatically turn on when a disc is inserted, if powered off.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 15 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
microSD Card Slot: The VX2529 is fitted with a front-panel SD-card slot for playback of audio and photo files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 64GB). The receiver supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files via microSD or microSDHC. All files must be formatted in FAT 16/32.
USB Port: The Jensen VX2529 is equipped with a front-panel USB port for playback of audio and photo files from a connected USB mass storage class device formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 - such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Supported media files include MP3 audio files and JPEG still image files. The USB port (5V/1A) will also charge USB enabled devices, such as your smartphone.
Notes: This head unit's USB port does not support Android devices, USB hubs, or card readers.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VX2529 supports the following types of audio and photo files recorded onto a disc, or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device or microSD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||Flash (USB, microSD/SDHC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz |
|Max # of Files/Folders||1,500 total files/folders|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, Album Art|
Playback Control: The VX2529 provides various playback & search functions to find and enjoy your MP3 music files. Playback functions include Play/Pause & Random/Repeat. Search functions include Folder/File List & Previous/Next Track.
Song/Artist/Album Display: The VX2529 will display artist name, song title and album title (including album art). It also displays the elapsed playing time of a song or track.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VX2529 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VX2529 are as follows -
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
2V/6Ch Pre-Outs: The Jensen VX2529 is equipped with six 2.0-volt pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading.
Note: This unit does not offer subwoofer level control or a low-pass crossover filter.
Equalizer & Surround Sound Effects: You can choose between 7 EQ presets - Pop, Jazz, Classic, Rock, Beat, Flat, or User. In User mode, you can adjust the head unit's 7-band equalizer (60Hz, 150Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 7kHz, 15kHz). You can select between 6 Surround Sound Effect modes - Concert, Wide, Church, Live, Passive, or None.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume. The Loudness center frequency can be set to 400Hz, 800Hz, or 2400Hz.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and preset scan. The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can even automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. The Preset Scan function allows you to scan through your presets quickly in the current selected band. In addition, the tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Aux/AV Inputs: The Jensen VX2529 is equipped with a front-panel Aux input that consists of a 3.5mm jack for connection an external portable audio device with a headphone jack out. There is also a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA inputs that allow you to connect an external AV source device, such as a Blu-ray player, game-console, or TV tuner.
Dual Video Outputs: Two RCA composite video-output jacks allow you to add external monitors, such as rear headrest monitors (sold separately). The video outputs will display whatever image is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. This includes the warning "Video Is Disabled For Your Safety" when trying to watch video from a DVD, USB device, microSD card, or AV input without the vehicle's parking brake engaged. You will need to engage the vehicle's parking brake to see video from these sources through the head units' video output.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is automatically displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VX2529 features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 x 480p with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VX2529 offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display.
- Selectable Wallpapers: You can select from 3 wallpaper backgrounds (does not support custom images).
- Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the display's Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Sharpness, & Saturation (from -20 to +20).
- Time & Date: The DVD receiver offers a 12- or 24-hour clock display which is visible from any source or menu screen. The clock & date are both visible on the main menu screen only.
- Display Off: You can even turn the display monitor off, while still listening to your music. You can have it set to turn off after 10, 20, or 30 seconds with no touchscreen or button operation.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's yellow/green wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen.
IR Remote The head unit comes supplied with a 41-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen DVD receiver, including Bluetooth hands-free phone functions.
J-Link Smart Remote App: The free J-Link Smart Remote app (for Apple iOS 12.1+ and Android OS 4.4+) turns your Bluetooth connected Apple iOS or Android OS device into a wireless remote control for the Jensen VX2529 receiver. This app controls most of the primary functions of your receiver, including -
- Power On/Off
- Source Selection
- AM/FM Band, Tuning & Presets
- Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track
- Volume, Mute, & EQ
Optional SWC Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (see Accessories tab).
The Jensen VX2529 replaces these items
11 questions already asked