About the Jensen VX4014
All you'll want in a touchscreen — in half the space
All you'll want in a touchscreen — in half the space
Touchscreen DVD receivers open up exciting possibilities for in-car entertainment and smartphone integration. But if your car's dash doesn't have the real estate for a double-DIN (4" tall) receiver, Jensen's VX4014 DVD receiver solves the space problem with a motorized 7" touchscreen that gives you access to all kinds of convenient features, including Apple CarPlay.
The retractable screen angles back, so check your dash to make sure it won't hit anything or block any important vents when it opens.
Fold-out control center
Turn your key and the big display folds out to serve as a control center for all your entertainment. Along with its many other cool features, the VX4014 enhances your car's entertainment system with built-in Bluetooth®, so you can stream your music library or favorite apps from any smartphone. You can take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel, while an outboard microphone ensures excellent call quality, even in noisy vehicles.
CarPlay, for a seamless iPhone® experience
The touchscreen display folds out of sight when not in use.
Apple CarPlay is like an extension of your iPhone on the touchscreen display. Connect to the receiver via USB and you'll have a selection of easy-to-use icons for music, navigation, phone, and messaging — all controllable by Siri with compatible phones. You'll drive smarter and safer with fewer distractions, all while enjoying the entertainment options your smartphone provides.
More media, more fun
The VX4014 offers plenty of entertainment options. If you're into your carefully curated Pandora stations, you can control your content from the touchscreen when your iPhone® is connected, or take charge via Bluetooth with your Android™ phone. And it'll play nearly any kind of disc, while the front USB input lets you pull songs from your thumb drive, Android™ phone, iPod®, or iPhone. If you're into radio, add a SiriusXM tuner into the mix and enjoy a stellar variety of music, news, talk, sports, and more (subscription and tuner required).
You've got connections
The VX4014 includes front and rear audio/video inputs so you can add on a portable audio player, camcorder, or other video sources too. For the safety-minded, a dedicated input on the rear panel accepts an optional rear-view camera.
Want to keep your steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- motorized 7" retractable touchscreen with selectable color backgrounds
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 10-band equalizer with 8 preset tone curves
- subwoofer controls
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports new Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- inputs: front USB input, front (minijack) and rear (RCA) A/V inputs, rear-view camera input, microSD card slot
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer), rear A/V output
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VX4014
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ retractable 7" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Microphone w/ visor clip (attached 7.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive mount
- HDMI right-angle adapter
- 4 ISO screws
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- 2 Removal tools
- Installation/Quick Start Guide
- "STOP" sheet
Jensen VX4014 reviews
Very pleasant installation, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the hardest. This task was about a 4, in my opinion. Just follow the directions and wiring diagrams. I'm very pleased with the unit too. I would definitely recommend this unit
2 of 2 found this helpful
works better than expected very pleased
1 of 1 found this helpful
Really nice unit for the money. Apple car play works great. I had a problem on install, I didn't realize the car I put this in had an amp. One short call to tech support and it was sorted out.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great radio! I modernized my 1987 Monte Carlo SS with this. I now have touchscreen, USB, (no more CDs!), Bluetooth and hands free calling and a USB charging port. Hardest part was fitting the adapter to the car, hook-up was fairly easy. The touchscreen does cover the heater/a/c controls but with the touch of a button it slides back in out of the way. I used the thickest adapter so the screen doesn't come into contact with anything but it stays put when I use it. Later I'll add a back-up camera to it - should be fun!
Pros: Look at all of the features! Even though it has a CD/DVD slot, I no longer need to fill my console with CDs and a memory stick holds more than my console ever could and I no longer have to fumble on the road to switch CDs. Hands free calling keeps me safe as well. I can even enter my own custom wallpaper display.
Cons: Can't think of any.
2 of 2 found this helpful
0 of 1 found this helpful
I have an old, small car. I've had holders on my dashboard for years to carry my iPhone. I wanted CarPlay, but my radio slot was 1U, not 2U. This works just fine, though I don't think I'll ever play a DVD. Next, rear camera and
3 of 4 found this helpful
Looks great. I have noticed that with an iPhone 6 there can be some Car Play issues and the radio locks up. Great features for the money.
2 of 3 found this helpful
I'm pretty satisfied with the radio overall. I like its features and it works well for what I need it to do. I like the Apple Carplay feature and the Bluetooth feature. I even ran a USB-powered LED light strip and plugged it into the auxiliary USB port in the back to light up the floor in my car. I also connected a backup camera and that works extremely well and is very smooth. However, the climate control knobs on my 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE are located right above the radio and stick out quite a bit, so when the touchscreen opens up, it bumps into my climate control knobs (photos attached). I decided to 3D print my own knobs. I did that and now the screen can full open up (photos attached). So that was frustrating to have to deal with especially when Crutchfield assured me it wouldn't be an issue. The clock also doesn't work properly. Whenever you change the time (like for daylight saving), the clock always goes back to the previous time it was set to. It never wants to hold the new time you give it. I select "Save" and everything when setting the time but it just won't hold it. Lastly, one feature I wish it had was to show the time even when the touchscreen was retracted. When you retract the touchscreen, the display only shows volume or radio station, not the time. Overall, not a bad radio for a pretty good price. I like it and it gets the job done and has some nice features.
Pros: Apple Carplay Bluetooth compatiblity Retractable screen Good quality hardware Automatic screen brightness
Cons: Clock doesn't hold time No time displayed when touchscreen is retracted Sometimes motor doesn't fully extend the screen
3 of 3 found this helpful
Very decent radio. The response speed on touch controls is a tad slow and sometimes the USB port doesn't register a device connected to it. The only fix for the usb is to shutoff and restart. Other than that, it isn't bad.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I have ordered two of these stereo units and both of them didn't work.
Cons: Doesn't work.
1 of 5 found this helpful
Great fit in a 99 wrangler. I was worried that the screen would jostle around if I hit a bump in the road, but the screen actually puts a little pressure on the heater vents and it stays in place tightly.
Pros: '99 Wrangler: Great fit, easy install, lots of features, screen auto stows and deploys, intuitive menus
Cons: Blocks heater vent when screen is deployed. (I just close the vents most of the time)
2 of 2 found this helpful
This unit has all the best features for a great price.
Pros: Easy install, great features, touch screen works well.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Works great, outstanding unit. Easy to install
Pros: Easy to install and use
Cons: Touchscreen sometimes is a little slow to react to touching
0 of 0 found this helpful
Did not fit like it said it would. Had to build an adapter so the screen would flip right. Does not allow android phones to work through the pandora menu like it says it will. Will not screen mirror android without hdmi cable and adapter
2 of 6 found this helpful
Looks great. Installing during Christmas break. I can't wait to try it!
0 of 5 found this helpful
It's good, but I didn't like the fact that you can't adjust the tilt on it.
4 of 5 found this helpful
Nice radio,and has good sound.
0 of 0 found this helpful
While I have just owned this receiver for about a week, it has really shined! The audio is great. It was easy to install (with Crutchfield's great instal guides). The radio is very easy to program right down to the backlight color. Works great with XM, my iPhone, CDs (yes I STILL use them as well as DVDs. It was also super easy to get AM & FM radio stations programmed into memory. Also has lots of great inputs as well as the all important front facing USB port. Handy for plugging in your phone and using Carplay! This radio was not the most expensive, but it does everything I need it to do and sounds great! Very happy with my purchase. Aslo Crutchfield Customer Service is second to none! They take great care of their customers! All around great buy from a company you can rely on.
Pros: Does Everything you could ask from an in dash tuner that fits in a single DIN opening.
Cons: Can't adjust the tilt of the screen. (not too much of an issue, though!)
4 of 4 found this helpful
Great Value for a CarPlay head unit. This did not work in my truck because of the gear shift, but the stereo has a lot of great features and is a great way to add modern tech to your older ride. This was the first Jensen stereo I had (I had Pioneer before), and this head unit performed very well compared to those given the lower price of this unit. If it had fit, I know I would have been very happy with it. Crutchfield was awesome about helping me out to get a head unit that would fit. I will continue to buy all of my stereo equipment from here!
1 of 2 found this helpful
Easy installation. Good product but Over the air reception has noticeable hummm and No option to display time when screen is retracted
2 of 3 found this helpful
Excellent value and features
2 of 3 found this helpful
Great item for the price. Staff helped me find exactly what I needed. Install instructions were perfect and easy.
Pros: Fits perfect
1 of 1 found this helpful
Decent product. The touch screen is not as responsive as an iPhone. And Apple CarPlay is only available from the front USB port. Would be better if the rear USB port supported Apple CarPlay so you could drop the phone in a glove box or console and not have wires dangling everywhere.
Pros: Easy install
Cons: Lack of back USB port support for Apple CarPlay.
3 of 5 found this helpful
Works well except radio reception but that may be an install error. Only thing I would change is more detailed instructions for functions and features and wiring options.
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Instructions lack detailed use of functions and settings.
4 of 4 found this helpful
Single Din adapter did not allow for proper installation of unit as promised. Device would not allow angulation adjustment for the TFT display. Installation could not be completed due to lack of clearance between the dash and the TFT display. Awaiting exchange / return
12 of 18 found this helpful
More details on the Jensen VX4014
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||13 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze (coming soon)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running latest iOS version) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Jensen VX4014. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the VX4014 in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the Jensen receiver's touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction. Your iPhone with Lightning connector will plug into the VX4014 front-panel USB port and an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB cable (not included).
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze (coming soon), you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the VX4014's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply press the "Siri" button and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via the touchscreen or Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Jensen receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Jensen VX4014. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the VX4014's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The VX4014's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Jensen receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio - including Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Jensen receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Other Functions: Within the CarPlay's touchscreen menu is a circular icon which acts like the back button on your iPhone. In addition there is an "Main Menu" icon which exists CarPlay and takes you back to the Jensen receiver's Home Menu.
- Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- The VX4014 also has a rear-panel USB port, but it is for charging only.
Mirroring via HDMI (for iPhone & Android): The Jensen's VX4014's rear-panel HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect select Apple iOS (with Lightning connector) or MHL-enabled Android devices for mirroring and audio/video playback through the DVD receiver (requires your vehicle's parking brake be engaged). You can listen to stored music and music apps, as well a view stored video and video apps. The head unit's touchscreen will display the same screen which is displayed on your smartphone, as well as video (not always full-screen). Audio content will also be heard over your vehicle's speaker system. The following proprietary connector cables are required for Android or Apple iOS connectivity.
- iPhone Connectivity: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter (sold separately), a Lightning-to-USB cable (like the one included with your iPhone), and a HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the rear-panel USB connection charges your iPhone device.
- Android Connectivity: Prior to connecting your MHL-enabled Android smartphone/tablet, you will need to download the "Jensen HDMI/MHL Connect App" (available from the Google Play store) onto your compatible Android device. To connect your Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone, you'll need a microUSB-to-HDMI/MHL cable (sold separately) which plugs into the Jensen receiver's HDMI input, plus your phone will need to paired via Bluetooth to the Jensen receiver. New Samsung smartphones don't support MHL and select older Samsung smartphones will require an additional 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). The HDMI/MHL connector provides the audio/video playback and charges your Android device, while the Bluetooth connection provides touchscreen control. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
- Mirroring and video playback from an HDMI connected Apple iOS or Android device requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- You cannot control your Apple iOS or Android device from the head unit's touchscreen; you will still need to use your smartphone's touchscreen for control.
iPod/iPhone USB Direct: In addition to CarPlay and HDMI connectivity, the Jensen VX4014 also supports direct connection of select Apple iPods and iPhones through its front-panel USB port for audio playback only. The unit will automatically switch to iPod/iPhone mode when an iPod or iPhone is plugged into the front-panel USB port. The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display (with album art), and charging of your Apple device through its USB port.
- Music Browsing: You can use the VX4014's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored content and apps from the Apple device's touchscreen; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist/Album Display: The Jensen VX4014 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
- Direct iPod/iPod mode cannot be accessed while the CarPlay feature is enabled. The unit will automatically launch CarPlay, and iPod/Phone mode cannot be accessed from the Main Menu.
- The VX4014 also has a rear-panel USB port, but it is for charging only.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VX4014 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (6/27/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||CarPlay||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone 30-pin devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen VX4014 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VX4014.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The VX4014 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can increase or decrease the volume level of a call, using the head unit's rotary knob on the front panel. You can also transfer calls between the receiver and your Bluetooth enabled phone.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the VX4014, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook (up to 2000 contacts) using the Jensen's VX4014 touchscreen. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the VX4014's touchscreen. If your phone supports voice recognition, you can even use your voice to dial a number from your contacts.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VX4014 allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the VX4014. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit will not display song/artist information from a connected Bluetooth audio device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen VX4014 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The VX4014 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports MPEG video & JPEG photo files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
- Off Insert/Eject: You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off. Inserting a disc with the unit powered off does not automatically turn the unit on.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
- Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
microSD Card Slot: The VX4014 is fitted with a front-panel SD-card slot for playback of audio, video, and photo files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 64GB). The receiver supports playback of MP3/WMA music files, MPEG video files, and JPEG photo files via microSD or microSDHC. All files must be formatted in FAT 16/32.
Dual USB Ports: The Jensen VX4014 is equipped with a front-panel USB port for playback of audio, video, and photo files from a connected USB mass storage class device formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 - such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Supported media files include MP3/WMA audio files, MPEG video files, and JPEG still image files. The rear-panel USB port is for charging only and is rated at 2.1A for faster charging, versus the front-panel USB port's 1A rating.
Notes: This head unit's USB port does not support Android devices, USB hubs, or card readers.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VX4014 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device or microSD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||Flash (USB, microSD/SDHC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz |
WMA: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
|Max # of Files/Folders||1,500 total files/folders|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags, Album Art|
Playback Control: The VX4014 provides various playback & search functions to find and enjoy your MP3/WMA music files. Playback functions include Play/Pause & Random/Repeat. Search functions include Folder/File List, Direct File Entry, & Fast Forward/Rewind, & Previous/Next Track.
Song/Artist/Album Display: The VX4014 will display artist name, song title and album title; along with album art. It also displays the elapsed playing time.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VX4014 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Jensen VX4014 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Jensen VX4014 is SiriusXM Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name w/ Channel Art, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VX4014 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VX4014 are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
4V/5Ch Preamp Outputs + Subwoofer Control: The Jensen VX4014 is equipped with five 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/mono-Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with an adjustable low-pass crossover filter (Off/80/120/160Hz) and separate level control (+/-12).
10-Band EQ: You can manually adjust the Jensen head unit's 10-band EQ (31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1k 2k, 4k, 8k Hz). Each frequency is adjustable from -10dB to + 10dB. You can save a different EQ setting or preset for each source.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-6dB) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VX4014's Radio, Disc, microSD, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, Screen Mirroring (HDMI), AV input, or SiriusXM (optional).
Programmable Turn-on Volume: You can program the receiver to turn on with the volume at a preset level, instead of the same level as when the head unit was turned off last. This prevents possible speaker damage or a startling surprise when the receiver first turns on at a high volume level.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Dual AV Inputs: The Jensen VX4014 is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
HDMI/MHL Input: In addition to iPhone and Android connectivity, the head unit's HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, microSD card, USB, or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: CarPlay, Screen Mirroring, and HDMI cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (head unit's green/white wire must be connected to the reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds.
7" Motorized-Retractable Touchscreen: The Jensen VX4014 features a motorized-retractable 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touchscreen LCD display. The resolution of the display is 800 x RGB (3) x 480 with 1,152,000 pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VX4014 offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display (unit does not offer angle adjustment).
- Selectable UI Colors & Wallpapers: The background color of the head unit's on-screen user interface can be changed to Green, Amber, Yellow, Blue, or Navy Blue. You can also select between five different wallpaper backgrounds for the head unit's LCD touchscreen. Choose from Kaleidoscope, Blue Haze, Green Portal, Industrial, or Space.
- Display Brightness & Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the brightness of the head unit's touchscreen LCD. Choose from Normal, Bright, Day, or Night. When watching a video, you can adjust the touchscreen display's brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue (from 1-20).
- Angle Adjustment (requires firmware update): Angle adjustment of the motorized-retractable touchscreen monitor can be added to this receiver through a firmware update. The firmware update must be downloaded from Jensen's website onto a microSD card that will then need be loaded into the head unit.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source or mirror your phone on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion (However, you can use CarPlay without the parking brake engaged). In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Secondary LCD Screen: In addition to the 7" motorized-retractable monitor, the Jensen VX4014 features a secondary 8-character/Segment type LCD screen. This display can be used during music playback for track & song information. You will need to use the 7" LCD touchscreen monitor for menu functions and to view video.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the front-panel. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Aqua Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, White or Demo (scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "Custom" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-255).
Clock & Date Display: The DVD receiver offers a 12- or 24-hour clock display which is visible from any source or menu screen, as well as on the secondary LCD screen. The clock & date are both visible on the main menu screen only.
Remote Control: The Jensen head unit comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote The head unit comes supplied with a 20-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen DVD receiver.
- Optional SWC Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
10 questions already asked