About the Jensen VX7014
A well-rounded navigation receiver with Apple CarPlay®
A well-rounded navigation receiver with Apple CarPlay®
Getting Apple CarPlay compatibility with a single-DIN (2" tall) stereo hasn't been easy since this revolutionary technology was introduced, but Jensen's VX7014 navigation receiver lets you enjoy large-screen guidance and iPhone® command without tearing a hole in your dash. It sports a 7" fold-out display, so you can follow its directions and access your media sources with ease. It plays well with most smartphones, and it lets you explore sonic options like few other receivers in its price range. Jensen rounds this fantastic value out with a wireless remote control so your passengers can get in on the fun.
The retractable screen angles back, so check your dash to make sure it won't hit anything or block any important vents when it opens.
Apple CarPlay for convenient access
Apple CarPlay compatibility allows a Lightning™-to-USB connection to provide access to select apps on newer iPhones. Once connected, the receiver shows large icons for functions such as Maps, Phone, Messages, Music, Now Playing, and Podcasts. Several streaming apps — including Pandora® — work within the Apple CarPlay interface as well. Drivers can access these functions by touch or through Siri® voice control. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Maps of the entire U.S.
The VX7014 comes with built-in maps of the entire U.S., along with Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus millions of points of interest for when it's time to pull off the road for fuel, food, or an ATM. Lane guidance will keep you on the right path for your next maneuver, and you'll be able to see realistic depictions of many complex intersections that make them easier to navigate. Detailed depictions of buildings in many metropolitan areas can help you get your bearings. You'll also hear audible alerts when you're driving over the posted speed limit on your route.
Where will you go with iGO?
iGO primo nextgen navigation software undergirds the VX7014's maps, providing fast, accurate, and intuitive guidance that won't leave you stranded. This stereo's compatible with Naviextras, which allows you to download maps for other countries, including points of interest, through their website.
Bluetooth® for wireless calling and streaming
This Jensen offers Bluetooth connectivity, so you'll be able to make and take calls using your compatible phone through the stereo. Built-in A2DP technology allows you to stream music from your smartphone through this receiver, and gives you control over the music on your Android™ phone or iPhone®. Jensen includes an external microphone to boost the fidelity of your calls.
The VX7014's MHL-enabled HDMI interface lets you connect select smartphones via a compatible cable, giving you big-screen access to the video content on your smartphone while parked. You'll also have control of streaming apps like Pandora, iHeartRadio, Aha Radio, Spotify, TuneIn, and many more.
Front and rear A/V inputs
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files (including AAC and lossless FLAC files), while front and rear A/V inputs offer connections for more audio/video sources. Go ahead and load up your iPod® or thumb drive with tunes for your travels — the receiver's front USB port provides convenient access, plus high-amp charging, and you get a rear USB for charging one of your electronic devices (no playback via rear USB).
You can tweak the sound to your heart's delight, thanks to the receiver's 10-band equalizer. If you're looking to add subs and amps, you can take advantage of 6-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs.
Movies and more
When you're parked, you can enjoy movies from DVDs or other video sources on the receiver's display. You can also connect a rear-view camera, so you can see more of what's behind your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots.
Add coast-to-coast satellite radio coverage
The VX7014 features a connection for an optional satellite radio tuner, so you can enjoy SiriusXM's extensive programming with your subscription. You can listen to your chosen channels no matter where you roam from Maine to California, and view the channel art on the 7" display.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with motorized 7" fold-out touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits single-DIN (2" tall) dash openings
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
- maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 11 million points of interest
- lane guidance and junction view
- realistic depictions of select interchanges and buildings
- speed limit warnings
Smartphone Features: (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- screen mirroring compatibility for select Android devices MHL-enabled HDMI cable required
- Pandora and Spotify control through iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 10-band equalizer
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB input, front (minijack) and rear (RCA) A/V inputs, HDMI input, rear-view camera input, microSD card slot (for mapping SD card only)
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (6-volt front, rear, and mono subwoofer), video output
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (13 watts RMS/40 watts peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required) see Details for more info
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VX7014
What's in the box:
- Navigation receiver w/ retractable 7" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Microphone w/ visor clip (attached 7.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive mount
- HDMI right-angle adapter
- 4 ISO screws
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- 2 Removal tools
- Installation/Quick Start Guide
- "STOP" sheet
Jensen VX7014 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen VX7014
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||13 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze (coming soon)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||6 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
iGO Primo Next Gen & TomTom Navigation: The Jensen VX7014 contains map coverage of the United States (all 50 states), Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands with over 10,000,000 points-of-interests from TomTom; all stored on the pre-installed 8GB microSD card (the microSD card must remain installed at all times). The map database was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. The VX7014 employs iGO Primo Next Gen navigation software for turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to your selected destination. The software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included on-screen navigation map.
Note: While the receiver's map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release (2017), a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: iGO offers periodic updates (purchase fees will apply) for data such as roads, new addresses, and other navigational information that will keep the Jensen navigation system up to date and provide the best possible experience. For updates and add-on options, please visit www.naviextras.com (requires Windows XP or newer; not compatible with Mac). A free program called "Toolbox" can be downloaded from this website so you can create a copy of your map as a backup, as well as assist in easily checking for updates and optional features that are available.
Note: You have 30 days from purchase to download the latest available map free of charge.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Jensen VX7014 features a built-in GPS receiver and includes an external GPS antenna which determines vehicle speed and heading changes, along with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on the system's digital map. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted on top of your dash inside the vehicle or on the roof outside of the vehicle.
- Start-Up Time: The Jensen VX7014 will turn on to the last source selected. The unit has start-up time of approximately 15.7 seconds from OFF to the last Source selected. You can then press the front-panel rotary-knob and then tap the on-screen navigation icon to go immediately to the map screen.
- Calculation Time: The navigation receiver took approximately 12.3 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Los Angeles, California. It only took 5.1 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. These tests were done inside the Crutchfield Lab of the Crutchfield Head Quarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 3D/2D Map View: Switch between a 3D or 2D map view. The 3D map view provides three-dimensional terrain (including hills & mountains), elevated roads (like overpasses or bridges), plus three-dimensional landmarks and buildings. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Note: You can continue to listen to a selected source while viewing the on-screen navigation map.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Jensen VX7014's navigation map offers helpful lane information and signpost guidance, along with junction & tunnel view, plus freeway services.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings will not distract you.
- Freeway Services: When you are driving on a freeway, the map will display the next few service stations and restaurants available at the upcoming exits.
Audible Alerts: The Jensen VX7014 offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance w/ TTS: In addition to graphic directions, the VX7014 provides voice guidance with turn-by-turn, TTS (text-to-speech) instructions with the announcement of street and road names. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The VX7014 provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to; such as AM/FM Tuner, CD, USB, iPod, & Bluetooth. The unit will mute the audio of the other source during navigation voice-prompts.
Destinations & Location: The Jensen VX7014 provides you with your location status, as well as offers you a variety of ways to search for a destination.
- Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for Car Repair, Health Agencies, Police, and Gas Stations around your area.
- Find Destination: From the "Find" menu, you can
select your destination by entering an address or selecting a place
of interest (10,000,000 POIs), a location on the map or one of your
Favorite destinations. You can also look up your recent destinations
from Smart History, enter a coordinate, or use the location saved in
a photo. iGO primo offers you several ways of choosing your
- Browse Map: Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.
- Address: Enter a full address or a part of an address; for example a street name without a house number or the names of two intersecting streets. Or enter ZIP code only; this way you do not need to select the name of the city and the search for street names might be faster as well.
- POIs: Search over 10 million POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, along route, near your destination, or around a city. Quick Search POI categories make it easier to search for Gas Stations, Accommodations, Restaurants, and Parking.
- Favorites: You can save your favorite addresses (like home & work) and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling.
- History: The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access. Smart History suggests these previously used locations as destinations based on your navigation habits, using parameters like the current time of day, the day of week, and the current location.
- Search In All: You can enter a destination by simply typing in a "keyword" and the unit will search for Addresses, POIs, Favorites, and History.
- Coordinates: Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.
Route Calculation: The Jensen VX7014 calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit
should use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: gives a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Plan A Trip: Plan a trip with the VX7014 using Route Planner and preview your trip on the Itinerary page, plus get a simulated look at your pre-calculated route.
- Route Planner: The Route Planner feature lets you built your route using the list of destinations you have chosen. You can modify the list as you like (adding or removing a destination (waypoint), changing a final destination, or setting a new starting position.
- Itinerary Page: The Itinerary page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns.
- Route Simulation: You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Modify Your Route: Modify your route before you get started or while in route to your destination.
- Route Alternatives: You can select "Route Alternative" to see the turn-list and map screen of four routes (Fastest/Shortest/Economical/Easy) with the selected route planning parameters, giving you the option to select which route to take.
- Detour: You can also choose to Detour around the road ahead, avoid a specific road, or around a section of the route.
- Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Trip Monitor & Logs: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. Trip Logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running latest iOS version) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Jensen VX7014. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the VX7014 in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the Jensen receiver's touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction. Your iPhone with Lightning connector will plug into the VX7014 front-panel USB port and an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB cable (not included).
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze (coming soon), you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the VX7014's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply press the "Siri" button and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via the touchscreen or Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Jensen receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Jensen VX7014. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the VX7014's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The VX7014's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Jensen receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio - including Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Jensen receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Other Functions: Within the CarPlay's touchscreen menu is a circular icon which acts like the back button on your iPhone. In addition there is an "Main Menu" icon which exists CarPlay and takes you back to the Jensen receiver's Home Menu.
- Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- The VX7014 also has a rear-panel USB port, but it is for charging only.
Mirroring via HDMI (for iPhone & Android): The Jensen's VX7014's rear-panel HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect select Apple iOS (with Lightning connector) or MHL-enabled Android devices for mirroring and audio/video playback through the navigation receiver (requires your vehicle's parking brake be engaged). You can listen to stored music and music apps, as well a view stored video and video apps. The head unit's touchscreen will display the same screen which is displayed on your smartphone, as well as video (not always full-screen). Audio content will also be heard over your vehicle's speaker system. The following proprietary connector cables are required for Android or Apple iOS connectivity.
- iPhone Connectivity: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter (sold separately), a Lightning-to-USB cable (like the one included with your iPhone), and a HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the rear-panel USB connection charges your iPhone device. touchscreen for operation.
- Android Connectivity: Prior to connecting your MHL-enabled Android smartphone/tablet, you will need to download the "Jensen HDMI/MHL Connect App" (available from the Google Play store) onto your compatible Android device. To connect your Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone, you'll need a microUSB-to-HDMI/MHL cable (sold separately) which plugs into the Jensen receiver's HDMI input, plus your phone will need to paired via Bluetooth to the Jensen receiver. New Samsung smartphones don't support MHL and select older Samsung smartphones will require an additional 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). The HDMI/MHL connector provides the audio/video playback and charges your Android device, while the Bluetooth connection provides touchscreen control. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
- Mirroring and video playback from an HDMI connected Apple iOS or Android device requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- You cannot control your Apple iOS or Android device from the head unit's touchscreen; you will still need to use your smartphone's touchscreen for control.
iPod/iPhone USB Direct: In addition to CarPlay and HDMI connectivity, the Jensen VX7014 also supports direct connection of select Apple Lightning iPods and iPhones through its front-panel USB port for audio playback only. The unit will automatically switch to iPod/iPhone mode when an iPod or iPhone is plugged into the front-panel USB port. The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display (with album art), and charging of your Apple device through its USB port.
- Music Browsing: You can use the VX7014's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored content and apps from the Apple device's touchscreen; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist/Album Display: The Jensen VX7014 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
- Direct iPod/iPod mode cannot be accessed while the CarPlay feature is enabled. The unit will automatically launch CarPlay, and iPod/Phone mode cannot be accessed from the Main Menu.
- The VX7014 also has a rear-panel USB port, but it is for charging only.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VX7014 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (5/30/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||CarPlay||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone 30-pin devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen VX7014 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VX7014.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The VX7014 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can increase or decrease the volume level of a call, using the head unit's rotary knob on the front panel. You can also transfer calls between the receiver and your Bluetooth enabled phone.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the VX7014, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook (up to 2000 contacts) using the Jensen's VX7014 touchscreen. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the VX7014's touchscreen. If your phone supports voice recognition, you can even use your voice to dial a number from your contacts.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VX7014 allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the VX7014. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit will not display song/artist information from a connected Bluetooth audio device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen VX7014 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The VX7014 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports MPEG video & JPEG photo files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
- Off Insert/Eject: You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off. Inserting a disc with the unit powered off does not automatically turn the unit on.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
- Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Dual USB Ports: The Jensen VX7014 is equipped with a front-panel USB port for playback of audio, video, and photo files from a connected USB mass storage class device formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 - such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Supported media files include MP3/WMA audio files, MPEG video files, and JPEG still image files. The rear-panel USB port is for charging only and is rated at 2.1A for faster charging, versus the front-panel USB port's 1A rating.
Notes: This head unit's USB port does not support Android devices, USB hubs, or card readers.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VX7014 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to
WMA: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
|Max # of Files/Folders||1,500 total files/folders|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags, Album Art|
Playback Control: The VX7014 provides various playback & search functions to find and enjoy your MP3/WMA music files. Playback functions include Play/Pause & Random/Repeat. Search functions include Folder/File List, Direct File Entry, & Fast Forward/Rewind, & Previous/Next Track.
Song/Artist/Album Display: The VX7014 will display artist name, song title and album title; along with album art. It also displays the elapsed playing time.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VX7014 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Jensen VX7014 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Jensen VX7014 is SiriusXM Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name w/ Channel Art, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VX7014 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VX7014 are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
6V/5Ch Preamp Outputs + Subwoofer Control: The Jensen VX7014 is equipped with five 6.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/mono-Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with an adjustable low-pass crossover filter (Off/80/120/160Hz) and separate level control (+/-12).
10-Band EQ: You can manually adjust the Jensen head unit's 10-band EQ (31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1k 2k, 4k, 8k Hz). Each frequency is adjustable from -10dB to + 10dB. You can save a different EQ setting or preset for each source.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-6dB) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VX7014's Radio, Disc, microSD, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, Screen Mirroring (HDMI), AV input, or SiriusXM (optional).
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Dual AV Inputs: The Jensen VX7014 is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
HDMI/MHL Input: In addition to iPhone and Android connectivity, the head unit's HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, USB, or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: Navigation, CarPlay, Screen Mirroring, and HDMI cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (head unit's green/white wire must be connected to the reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds.
7" Motorized-Retractable Touchscreen: The Jensen VX7014 features a motorized-retractable 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touchscreen LCD display. The resolution of the display is 800 x RGB (3) x 480 with 1,152,000 pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VX4014 offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display (unit does not offer angle adjustment).
- Selectable UI Colors: The background color of the head unit's on-screen user interface can be changed to Green, Amber, Yellow, Blue, or Navy Blue.
- Selectable Wallpaper Backgrounds: You can select between five different wallpaper backgrounds for the head unit's LCD touchscreen. Choose from Kaleidoscope, Blue Haze, Green Portal, Industrial, or Space.
- Display Brightness: You can adjust the brightness of the head unit's touchscreen LCD. Choose from Normal, Bright, Day, or Night.
- Picture Adjustment: When watching a video, you can adjust the touchscreen display's brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue (from 1-20).
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source or mirror your phone on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion (However, you can use the built-in Navigation & CarPlay without the parking brake engaged). In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Secondary LCD Screen: In addition to the 7" motorized-retractable monitor, the Jensen VX7014 features a secondary 8-character/Segment type LCD screen. This display can be used during music playback for track & song information. You will need to use the 7" LCD touchscreen monitor for menu functions and to view video.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial on the front-panel. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Aqua Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, White or Demo (scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "Custom" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-255).
Clock & Date Display: The navigation receiver offers a 12- or 24-hour clock display which is visible from any source or menu screen, as well as on the secondary LCD screen. The clock & date are both visible on the main menu screen only.
Remote Control: The Jensen head unit comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote The head unit comes supplied with a 20-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen DVD receiver.
- Optional SWC Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
The Jensen VX7014 replaces these items
- maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 11 million points of interest
- 10-band parametric EQ with 8 preset tone curves
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
17 questions already asked