About the Jensen VX7022
A worthy investment for the directionally challenged
A worthy investment for the directionally challenged
Looking for a reliable directions and convenient A/V options? Jensen's VX7022 navigation receiver boasts a 6.2" LCD touchscreen and iGO primo GPS technology, so you'll have no problem following along with its maps or pulling up your favorite songs from a number of different sources. And you can bring your phone into the mix, thanks to the receiver's built-in Bluetooth® connectivity and streaming audio capabilities. This in-dash travel companion offers tremendous value for the price, making it a great solution for just about every type of driver.
Ready for the road
The VX7022 comes with built-in maps of the entire U.S., Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus eleven million points of interest for when it's time to pull off the road for gas, food, or a hotel room. Lane guidance will keep you on the right path for your next maneuver, and you'll be able to see realistic depictions of many complex intersections that make them easier to navigate. You'll also hear audible alerts when you're driving over the posted speed limit on your route.
The VX7022's powered by iGO primo navigation software, which has become an industry standard over the past few years because it's fast, accurate, and easy to use. This stereo's compatible with Naviextras, which allows you to download maps for other countries, including points of interest, through their website.
Make calls and stream music via wireless Bluetooth
This Jensen offers Bluetooth connectivity, so you'll be able to make and take calls using your compatible phone through the stereo. Built-in A2DP technology allows you to stream music from your smartphone through this receiver, and gives you control over the music on your Android™ phone or iPhone®.
The VX7022's MHL-enabled HDMI interface lets you connect select smartphones via a compatible cable, giving you big-screen access to the video content on your smartphone while parked. You'll also have control of streaming apps like Pandora, iHeartRadio, Aha Radio, Spotify, TuneIn, and many more.
Play your media
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files (including AAC files), while front and rear A/V inputs offer connections for more audio/video sources. Go ahead and load up your iPod® or thumb drive with tunes for your travels — the receiver's front USB port provides convenient access. And you can tweak the sound to your heart's delight, thanks to the receiver's 10-band parametric EQ.
When you're parked, you can enjoy movies from DVDs or other video sources on the receiver's display. Jensen includes a wireless remote control, allowing your passengers to pick the playlist.
Ready for SiriusXM satellite radio
The VX7022 features a connection for an optional satellite radio tuner, so you can enjoy SiriusXM's extensive programming with your subscription. You can listen to your chosen channels no matter where you roam coast to coast, and view the channel art on the big screen.
More expansion options
You can also connect a rear-view camera, so you can see more of what's behind your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots. If you're looking to add subs and amps, you can take advantage of high-voltage front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with 6.2" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in amplifier (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming (external microphone included)
- remote control
- maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 11 million points of interest
- lane guidance and junction view
- speed limit warnings
Smartphone Features: (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- video content from Lightning-connector Apple devices requires a Lightning-to-Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable, and a mobile-grade HDMI connector
- built-in Android control
- screen mirroring compatibility for select Android devices MHL-enabled HDMI cable required
- Pandora, iHeartradio, Spotify, and Aha Radio control through iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 10-band parametric EQ with 8 preset tone curves
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB input, rear HDMI input, front (minijack) and rear (RCA) A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (6-volt front, rear, and mono subwoofer), rear video output
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RMVX7022
What's in the box:
- Refurbished navigation receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- AV/Preamp harness
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- GPS antenna (w/ attached 16.5' cable)
- Microphone w/ visor clip (attached 7.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- Installation Guide
- "STOP" sheet
- Limited Warranty information
Jensen VX7022 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen VX7022
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||13 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||6.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
*** Important Notice: iGO is no longer supporting the text-to-speech software update on this receiver. ***
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VX7022 features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 x RGB (3) x 480 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VX7022 offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display.
- UI Colors: You can adjust the colors of the on-screen menu's touchscreen buttons from Green, Red, Amber, Blue, or Purple.
- Background Skins: You can choose from five different background skins - Kaleidoscope, Blue Haze, Green Portal, Industrial, or Space.
- Brightness: The unit's LCD backlight can be adjusted to Night, Dark, Normal, or Bright.
- Picture Adjustment: When watching a video, you can adjust the touchscreen display's brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue (from 1-20).
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion (However, you can mirror your Apple iOS or Android device via HDMI without the parking brake engaged). In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Start-Up Time: The Jensen VX7022 will turn on to the last source selected. The unit has start-up time of approximately 12.85 seconds from OFF to the last Source selected.
Clock & Date Display: The navigation receiver offers a 12- or 24-hour clock display which is visible from any source or menu screen. The clock & date are both visible on the main menu screen only.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Aqua Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, White or Demo (scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "Custom" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-255).
Remote Control: The Jensen head unit comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote Control: The head unit comes supplied with a 44-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen navigation receiver; including Bluetooth hands-free and audio streaming functions.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter (see accessories tab).
iGO Primo & TomTom Navigation: The Jensen VX7022 contains map coverage of the United States (all 50 states), Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands with over 11,000,000 points-of-interests from TomTom; all stored on the head unit's built-in flash memory. The map database was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. The VX7022 employs iGO primo navigation software for turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to your selected destination. The software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included on-screen navigation map.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While the database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: iGO offers periodic updates for data such as roads, new addresses, and other navigational information that will keep the Jensen navigation system up to date and provide the best possible experience. For updates and add-on options, please visit www.naviextras.com (requires Windows XP or newer; not compatible with Mac). A free program called "Toolbox" can be downloaded from this website so you can create a copy of your map as a backup, as well as assist in easily checking for updates and optional features that are available.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Jensen VX7022 features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external GPS antenna which determines vehicle speed and heading changes, along with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on the system's digital map. The GPS antenna can be mounted inside or outside of the vehicle.
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 9.25 seconds to calculate directions from Virginia to California. It only took 7.40 seconds to calculate directions from Virginia to Maryland. These tests were done inside the Crutchfield Lab of the Crutchfield Head Quarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D Mode: The Jensen VX7022 allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) view only. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Note: You can continue to listen to a selected source while viewing the on-screen navigation map.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Jensen VX7022's navigation map offers helpful lane information and signpost guidance, along with junction view.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
Audible Alerts: The Jensen VX7022 offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance: In addition to graphic directions, the VX7022 provides voice guidance with turn-by-turn instructions (*street names are not announced; iGO is no longer supporting the text-to-speech software update on this receiver). You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The VX7022 provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to; such as AM/FM Tuner, CD, USB, iPod, & Bluetooth. The unit will mute the audio of the other source during navigation voice-prompts.
Destinations & Location: The Jensen VX7022 provides you with your location status, as well as offers you a variety of ways to search for a destination.
- Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for Car Repair, Health Agencies, Police, and Gas Stations around your area.
- Find Destination: From the "Find" menu, you can select your destination by
entering an address or
selecting a place of interest (11,000,000 POIs), a location on the map or one of your Favorite
destinations. You can also look up your recent destinations from Smart History, enter a coordinate, or use the location saved in a photo. iGO primo offers you several ways of choosing your destination:
- Browse Map: Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.
- Address: Enter a full address or a part of an address; for example a street name without a house number or the names of two intersecting streets. Or enter ZIP code only; this way you do not need to select the name of the city and the search for street names might be faster as well.
- POIs: Search over 11 million POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, along route, near your destination, or around a city.
- Favorites: You can save your favorite addresses (like home & work) and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling.
- History: The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access. Smart History suggests these previously used locations as destinations based on your navigation habits, using parameters like the current time of day, the day of week, and the current location.
- Coordinates: Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.
Route Calculation: The Jensen VX7022 calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Plan A Trip: Plan a trip with the VX7022 using Route Planner and preview your trip on the Itinerary page, plus get a simulated look at your pre-calculated route.
- Route Planner: The Route Planner feature lets you built your route using the list of destinations you have chosen. You can modify the list as you like (adding or removing a destination (waypoint), changing a final destination, or setting a new starting position.
- Itinerary Page: The Itinerary page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns.
- Route Simulation: You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Modify Your Route: Modify your route before you get started or while in route to your destination.
- Route Alternatives: You can select "Route Alternative" to see the turn-list and map screen of four routes (Fastest/Shortest/Economical/Easy) with the selected route planning parameters, giving you the option to select which route to take.
- Detour: You can also choose to Detour around the road ahead, avoid a specific road, or around a section of the route.
- Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Trip Logs: Trip logs contain useful information about your trip. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Quick Menu: The Quick menu is a selection of controls and functions that are frequently needed during navigation; it can be opened directly from the Map screen. The content of the Quick Menu is fully customizable.
Off-Road Navigation: The difference between the on-road and off-road modes is the navigation itself. When you are on the Map screen with an off-road route, your position and heading is not aligned with the nearest road and there is no turn by turn navigation; just a recommended direction. You see a straight line drawn between your current position and the next destination to reach. The Turn Preview field in the top left corner shows an arrow with your bearing and the distance of the next destination.
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen VX7022 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VX7022. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VX7022.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The VX7022 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's front-panel controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #) directly via the head unit's touchscreen. You can also search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Jensen VX7022 and then make your call. In addition, you can make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed).
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VX7022 allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the VX7022. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from connected Bluetooth audio devices. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Jensen VX7022 supports direct connection of your Lightning or 30-pin iPod/iPhone through its front-panel USB port and rear-panel HDMI connector. The VX7022 offers audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple devices. The Jensen VX7022's USB or HDMI connection allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the receiver and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC).
- Lightning-Connector iPod/iPhone: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Jensen VX7022 for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device through the Jensen navigation receiver. To watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) in addition to music from your Lightning-connector Apple device on the VX7022, you'll need Apple's Lightning-to-Digital AV adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable (like the one included with your iPod or iPhone), and an HDMI cable (all sold separately).
- 30-Pin Dock Connector iPod/iPhone: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin connector, you can use the dock-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Jensen VX7022 for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Apple device through the Jensen navigation receiver. To watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) in addition to music from your 30-pom Apple device on the VX7022, you'll need Apple's 30-pin digital AV adapter, a dock-to-USB cable (like the one included with your iPod/iPhone), and an HDMI cable (all sold separately).
Note: Video display will require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.iPod/iPhone Control: The Jensen VX7022 offers music & video navigation, as well as display of song/artist information and battery charging.
- Content Browsing: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. You can use the VX7022's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored content and apps from the Apple device's touchscreen; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Music Information: The Jensen VX7022 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 2.1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Mirroring via HDMI (for iPhone & Android): The Jensen's VX7022's rear-panel HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect select Apple iOS or MHL-enabled Android devices for mirroring and audio/video playback through the navigation receiver. You can listen to stored music and music apps (like iHeartRadio), as well a view stored video and video apps (like Netflix). The head unit's touchscreen will display the same screen which is displayed on your smartphone, as well as video (not always full-screen). Audio content will also be heard over your vehicle's speaker system. The VX7022 provides touchscreen control for Android device, but not for Apple iOS devices. The following proprietary connector cables are required for Android or Apple iOS connectivity.
- iPhone Connectivity: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter and a Lightning-to-USB cable (like the one included with your iPhone); if you have an older 30-pin iPhone 4/4S, you'll need a 30-pin digital AV adapter and the USB-to-30-pin dock cable (all sold separately). In addition, for both types of iPhones, you will need an HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your iPhone device. You cannot perform operation of the Apple iOS device from the head unit's touchscreen; you will still need to use your mobile phone's touchscreen for operation.
- Android Connectivity: Prior to connecting your MHL-enabled Android smartphone/tablet, you will need to download Jensen's "HDMI/MHL Connect" app (available soon from Google Play) onto your Android device. To connect your Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone, you'll need a microUSB-to-HDMI/MHL cable (sold separately) which plugs into the Jensen receiver's HDMI input, plus your phone will need to paired via Bluetooth to the Jensen receiver. Select Samsung smartphones will also require an additional 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). The HDMI/MHL connector provides the audio/video playback and charges your Android device, while the Bluetooth connection provides touchscreen control. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
Note: "Mirroring" and video playback from an HDMI connected Apple iOS or Android device does not require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged; please use caution.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VX7022 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (6/21/2017):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VX7022 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Jensen VX7022 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Jensen VX7022 is SiriusXM Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name w/ Channel Art, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen VX7022 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The VX7022 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports MPEG/AVI/Xvid video & JPEG photo files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
- Off Insert: You can insert a disc with the unit powered off; you cannot eject a disc with the unit powered off.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
- Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Jensen VX7022 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as portable digital audio players or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3/WMA audio files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 on a connected USB mass storage class device. The head unit also supports JPEG still image and MPEG/AVI/Xvid video playback via USB. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (2.1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This head unit's USB port does not support Android smartphones & tablets.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VX7022 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc, or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (msc)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz |
WMA: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
|Video||MPEG-1/2, Xvid, AVI|
|Max # of Files/Folders||1,500 total files/folders|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags|
Search Functions: The VX7022 provides various search functions to find your music, videos, and photos.
- Folder/File Search: This menu screen provides a search list for music, video, or photo files stored on your MP3/WMA disc or USB device.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: You can fast forward or reverse a track/chapter when playing a disc or USB device.
- Direct Search: During disc or USB playback you can use the numeric keypad on the touch-screen display to access a chapter/track directly.
Playback Functions: The Jensen VX7022 offers a variety of playback functions to enjoy your music, video, and photo files.
- Repeat Play: Repeat Chapter, Titles, Tracks, and Folders on a disc or USB device.
- A-B Repeat: A-B Repeat allows you to repeat a specific section of a DVD.
- Random Play: When playing a disc or USB device, you can play audio tracks/files in random order.
D/A Converter: The Jensen VX7022 is equipped with a high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz digital-to-analog converter with a multi-bit Sigma-Delta modulator.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VX7022 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VX7022 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
6V/5Ch Pre-Outs w/ Subwoofer Control: The Jensen VX7022 is equipped with five 6.0-volt pre-outs(Front/Rear/mono-Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with an adjustable low-pass crossover filter (Off/80/120/160Hz) and separate level control (+/-12).
EQ: The VX7022's built-in equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Optimal, Classic, Rock, Jazz, Techno, Pop, Flat, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 10-band EQ (31.5Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, and 16kHz) from 0-20.
Audio Enhancements: The Jensen navigation receiver offers a variety of audio settings to enhance your listening experience in your vehicle.
- Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
- Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-6) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VX7022's Radio, Disc, HDMI, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, SiriusXM, Navigation, or AV input.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Dual AV Inputs: The Jensen VX7022 is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
HDMI/MHL Input: In addition to iPhone and Android connectivity, the head unit's HDMI/MHL input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device.
Video Out: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever video signal (DVD or AV-IN) that is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. The video out function is not compatible with the unit's HDMI input.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
2 questions already asked