About the Jensen VX7528
I've got enough to think about when I'm driving to worry about a confusing turn that's coming up. Jensen's VX7528 navigation receiver combines stress-free guidance with loads of entertainment options, so you can stay on track and stay entertained all the way. And it links wirelessly with your phone for music streaming and hands-free calling.
The VX7528 boasts maps of the entire U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with an extensive database of over 10 million points of interest. You'll see the maps laid out clearly on the receiver's easy-to-follow 6.2" screen, while an improved user interface makes finding your way a piece of cake. iGO primo navigation software ensures you're getting the most reliable routes, while lane guidance keeps you on the right path for your next maneuver. In some instances, you'll see realistic depictions of complicated intersections or 3D representations of buildings and landmarks to help orient yourself.
Call hands-free with Bluetooth®
Built-in Bluetooth connectivity lets you make and take calls with your compatible phone through the VX7528. Jensen includes an external microphone so your callers won't have to struggle to hear your voice over road noise and wind. This Jensen gives you full access to your phonebook, so you can keep your phone safely stowed away.
Built-in A2DP technology allows you to stream music from your smartphone through this receiver, so you can access all the music on your Android™ phone or iPhone®, whether it's stored music files or streaming services. If you've got Pandora Internet radio on your iPhone, you can control it through the VX7528's interface via USB.
Take your music and video to go
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while rear A/V inputs offer connections for more audio/video sources. Go ahead and load up your iPod® or thumb drive with tunes for your travels — the receiver's front USB port provides convenient access, not to mention plenty of charging power for your devices.
When you're parked, you can enjoy movies from DVDs or other video sources on the receiver's display. Jensen includes a wireless remote control, allowing your passengers to pick the playlist.
No matter your audio source, the VX7528's 8-band equalizer lets you tweak the settings to suit your listening preferences.
Add on and enjoy
Satellite radio's a wonderful way to keep track of sports, news, talk, and commercial-free music as you travel, and you can access all that wonderful programming by adding a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this car stereo. Your favorite stations follow you everywhere and, even better, you can view the channel art on the big screen. You can also connect both front- and rear-view cameras, so you can see more of what's around your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots. If you're looking to add subs and amps, you can take advantage of 6-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with 6.2" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- built-in GPS navigation
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
Smartphone Features: (see Details for info on compatibility)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- iPhone Pandora control with USB
- maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 10 million points of interest
- lane guidance and junction view
- 3D representations of landmarks and buildings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 8-band equalizer with 6 preset curves
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB input; rear USB charging input; front aux input (minijack), rear A/V input (RCA); front and rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (6-volt front, rear, and and mono sub); rear video output
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most steering wheel audio controls (adapter required) see Details for more information
- internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VX7528
What's in the box:
- Navigation receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- 8GB microSD map card (pre-installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- GPS antenna (attached 16.5' cable)
- Microphone (attached 10.5' cable terminated by a mono 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- 8 Pan-head IOS-screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "STOP" note
Jensen VX7528 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen VX7528
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||6 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
iGO Primo Next Gen & TomTom Navigation: The Jensen VX7528 contains map coverage of the United States (all 50 states), Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands with over 10,000,000 points-of-interests from TomTom; all stored on the pre-installed 8GB microSD card (the microSD card must remain installed at all times). The map database was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. The VX7528 employs iGO Primo Next Gen navigation software for turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to your selected destination. The software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included on-screen navigation map.
Note: While the receiver's map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release (2017), a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: iGO offers periodic updates (purchase fees will apply) for data such as roads, new addresses, and other navigational information that will keep the Jensen navigation system up to date and provide the best possible experience. For updates and add-on options, please visit www.naviextras.com (requires Windows XP or newer; not compatible with Mac). A free program called "Toolbox" can be downloaded from this website so you can create a copy of your map as a backup, as well as assist in easily checking for updates and optional features that are available.
Note: You have 30 days from purchase to download the latest available map free of charge.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Jensen VX7528 features a built-in GPS receiver and includes an external GPS antenna which determines vehicle speed and heading changes, along with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on the system's digital map. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted on top of your dash inside the vehicle or on the roof outside of the vehicle.
- Start-Up Time: The Jensen VX7528 takes approximately 12.7 seconds to go from "off" to the last source selected. The unit takes approximately 37.1 seconds to go from "off" to the navigation map.
- Calculation Time: The navigation receiver took approximately 12.7 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Los Angeles, California. It only took 7.1 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. These tests were done inside the Crutchfield Lab of the Crutchfield Head Quarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 3D/2D Map View: Switch between a 3D or 2D map view. The 3D map view provides three-dimensional terrain (including hills & mountains), elevated roads (like overpasses or bridges), plus three-dimensional landmarks and buildings. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Note: You can continue to listen to a selected source while viewing the on-screen navigation map.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Jensen VX7528's navigation map offers helpful lane information and signpost guidance, along with junction & tunnel view, plus freeway services.
- Lane Information: When navigating on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings will not distract you.
- Freeway Services: When you are driving on a freeway, the map will display the next few service stations and restaurants available at the upcoming exits.
Audible Alerts: The Jensen VX7528 offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance w/ TTS: In addition to graphic directions, the VX7528 provides voice guidance with turn-by-turn, TTS (text-to-speech) instructions with the announcement of street and road names. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The VX7528 provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to; such as AM/FM Tuner, Disc, USB, iPod, & Bluetooth. The unit will mute the audio of the other source during navigation voice-prompts.
Destinations & Location: The Jensen VX7528 provides you with your location status, as well as offers you a variety of ways to search for a destination.
- Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for Car Repair, Health Agencies, Police, and Gas Stations around your area.
- Find Destination: From the "Find" menu, you can select
your destination by entering an address or selecting a place of interest
(11,000,000 POIs), a location on the map or one of your Favorite
destinations. You can also look up your recent destinations from Smart
History, enter a coordinate, or use the location saved in a photo. iGO primo
offers you several ways of choosing your destination:
- Browse Map: Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.
- Address: Enter a full address or a part of an address; for example a street name without a house number or the names of two intersecting streets. Or enter ZIP code only; this way you do not need to select the name of the city and the search for street names might be faster as well.
- POIs: Search over 10 million POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, along route, near your destination, or around a city. Quick Search POI categories make it easier to search for Gas Stations, Accommodations, Restaurants, and Parking.
- Favorites: You can save your favorite addresses (like home & work) and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling.
- History: The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access. Smart History suggests these previously used locations as destinations based on your navigation habits, using parameters like the current time of day, the day of week, and the current location.
- Search In All: You can enter a destination by simply typing in a "keyword" and the unit will search for Addresses, POIs, Favorites, and History.
- Coordinates: Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.
Route Calculation: The Jensen VX7528 calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: gives a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Plan A Trip: Plan a trip with the VX7528 using Route Planner and preview your trip on the Itinerary page, plus get a simulated look at your pre-calculated route.
- Route Planner: The Route Planner feature lets you built your route using the list of destinations you have chosen. You can modify the list as you like (adding or removing a destination (waypoint), changing a final destination, or setting a new starting position.
- Itinerary Page: The Itinerary page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns.
- Route Simulation: You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Modify Your Route: Modify your route before you get started or while in route to your destination.
- Route Alternatives: You can select "Route Alternative" to see the turn-list and map screen of four routes (Fastest/Shortest/Economical/Easy) with the selected route planning parameters, giving you the option to select which route to take.
- Detour: You can also choose to Detour around the road ahead, avoid a specific road, or around a section of the route.
- Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Trip Monitor & Logs: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. Trip Logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen VX7528 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VX7528.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The VX7528 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls, or using voice recognition.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. Any audio playback will be attenuated during a call.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's front-panel controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook using the Jensen VX7528. In addition, you can make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed). You can even use your voice to make a call by pressing the "Voice Access" icon on the on the BT Phone menu screen of the head unit (your phone must also support voice recognition).
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VX7528 allows you to play back stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device. You can control basic music playback functions; including Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the VX7528 (advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device). This unit will even display song/artist/album information (no album art) on its touchscreen monitor. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen VX7528 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier. The VX7528 supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports a variety of video, audio, and photo files recorded on to DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, and CD-R/RW discs.
- Off Insert: You can insert a disc with the unit powered off; you cannot eject a disc with the unit powered off.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
- Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Dual USB Ports: The Jensen VX7528 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for audio/video/photo files and a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for charging purposes only.
- Front-Panel USB Port: The front-panel USB port enables playback of a variety of audio, video, and photo files downloaded on a USB MSC device (such as a USB thumbdrive) that is formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. The front-panel USB port (2.1A) will also charge your connected device. *The front-panel USB port does not support playback of Android OS devices.
- Rear-Panel USB Port: The rear-panel USB port only supports charging of mobile devices (it does not support audio/video/photo file playback). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the rear USB port (1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB ports do not support USB hubs or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VX7528 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3, WMA|
|Max # of Files/Folders||1500 total files/folders|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags, Album Art|
iPod/iPhone USB Direct (Lightning Connector Only): The Jensen VX7528 supports direct connection of select Apple iPods and iPhones with a Lightning connector through its front-panel USB port (not compatible with rear-panel USB port). The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device through its USB port.
- Music Browsing: You can use the VX7528's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Your Apple Lightning device will still allow you to navigate stored content and apps from the Apple device's touchscreen.
- Song/Artist/Album Display: The Jensen VX7528 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's front-panel USB connection provides 2.1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Note: The unit's rear-panel USB port only supports charging (not iPod/iPhone music playback).
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VX7528 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (8/17/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
- Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VX7528 using your front-panel USB connected Apple iPhone. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G) or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Jensen VX7528 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Jensen VX7528 is SiriusXM Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name w/ Channel Art, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VX7528 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VX7528 are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
6V/5Ch Pre-Outs: The Jensen VX7528 is equipped with five 6.0-volt pre-outs (Front/Rear/mono-Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: The VX7528 offers Subwoofer Control with an adjustable low-pass crossover filter (Off/80/120/160Hz) and separate level control (0-16) for the unit's mono-Sub pre-out.
8-Band EQ w/ Presets: The Jensen VX7528 features six EQ presets to choose from; including Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Electronic, and User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 8-band EQ (80, 160, 320, 600, 1k, 3k, 8k, and 16k Hz). Each frequency is adjustable from -16dB to + 16dB.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (0-6) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VX7528's Radio, Disc, USB, Bluetooth, Pandora, AV inputs, or SiriusXM (optional tuner required).
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Dual AV Inputs: The Jensen VX7528 is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, USB or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: The built-in navigation map cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
Rear Camera Input: The Rear Camera Input consists of a composite video jack and mono-RCA audio jack for connecting an optional backup camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen, as well as hear audio behind your vehicle through your vehicle speakers (camera must have audio jack).
- Parking Guide Lines: When a backup camera is connected and you are viewing a rearview image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines and two vertical guidelines.
- Auto Rear Switching: When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is automatically displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds.
Front Camera Input: The Front Camera Input consists of a composite video jack for connecting a front-view camera or dash camera (sold separately).
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VX7528 features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 x 480p with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VX7528 offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display.
- Wallpaper (Backgrounds): You can select between eight preset wallpapers or backgrounds (does not support custom images).
- Display Adjustments: You can adjust the touchscreen display's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness (from -20 to +20).
- Date & Time: The DVD receiver offers a 12- or 24-hour clock display which is visible from any source or menu screen. The clock & date are both visible on the main menu screen only.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's yellow/green wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can customize the head unit's button illumination by adjusting Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-255).
Remote Control: The Jensen head unit comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required). You can not control Bluetooth hands-free calling from the remote.
- IR Remote The head unit comes supplied with a 20-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen navigation receiver.
- Optional SWC Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
The Jensen VX7528 replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 11 million points of interest
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
21 questions already asked