About the Kenwood CMOS-320
Kenwood's CMOS-320 universal camera helps keep you aware of your surroundings so you can drive more safely. Mount it as a backup camera, shift into reverse, and you can check out the view behind your vehicle — the picture shows up on your receiver's screen automatically. The camera captures a 190-degree horizontal view and 145-degree vertical view, so you'll really get the big picture — good news if you're trying to back up in a large vehicle or if you're towing something.
Four view modes
The camera gives you four view modes, including overhead, ultra-wide, wide, and corner views. The package includes a dash-mount button that allows you to switch modes, and you can also use the touchscreen on a compatible Kenwood receiver to switch view modes.
Front view too
The CMOS-320 also works as a front-view camera. You can connect it to the A/V input on select Kenwood receivers, set it as a front camera in the menu, then switch views between the front and rear cameras. The 25-foot cable and harness assembly is long enough for most vehicles and includes a composite video connector, so it'll work with almost any video receiver. Kenwood includes the mounting bracket, power cord, and mode-switching unit.
Note: A rear-view camera provides an additional view when reversing your vehicle. It is intended to be used in conjuction with your rear- and side-view mirrors to give a fuller picture of what's behind you. It is not intended as a replacement for your mirrors.
- backup camera with view selection button
- 195-degree horizontal and 145-degree vertical view
- 330,000 pixels
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- built-in power supply
- multiple view modes
- Ultra Wide View: 195-degrees
- Wide View: 135-degrees
- Overhead View: displays image as if from straight above vehicle
- Corner View: views as seen from two corners displayed on left and right halves
- can be used as a front camera with select Kenwood receivers — See Details for more info
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CMOS-320
What's in the box:
- Multi-view camera with bracket (attached 5' cable terminated by a molex connector)
- Switch unit with attached 40" cable
- 25' Camera control function harness
- Mounting screw
- Double-sided adhesive tape
- Rubber waterproof clamp
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Kenwood Warranty Card
Kenwood CMOS-320 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood CMOS-320
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||0.9 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||195 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||145 deg|
|Plug type||RCA Composite|
Compatibility: The Kenwood CMOS-320 Universal Multi-View Camera can be used as a rear-view camera with many Kenwood in-dash navigation and DVD receivers. However, the standard composite video output (RCA plug) extension cable makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash mobile video monitor.
Note: The CMOS-320 can also be used as a front camera with the Kenwood DNX7160, DNX7180, DNX7190, DNX771HD, DNX891HD, DNX9960, DNX9980, DNX9990 in-dash navigation receivers.
Waterproof Chassis: The camera is built into a compact waterproof aluminum case, making it perfect for mounting outside the vehicle.
Super Wide Viewing Angle: The 195° horizontal and 145° vertical viewing angles provide an excellent near field view of anything behind you. The camera gives you a mirror image for rear view confirmation.
Note: This multi-view camera is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the camera when driving. In addition to using the multi-view camera, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when maneuvering your vehicle.
CMOS Optics: The 1/3.6" color CMOS image sensor has approximately 330,000 pixels to deliver a high quality picture.
Illumination Range: The multi-view camera provides an illumination range of approximately 0.9 to 100,000 lux. It offers less light distortion from nearby light sources.
Settings: From a compatible Kenwood DNX series head unit or using the remote-switch with non-DNX head units you can adjust the camera's display mode, view/hide the guidelines display, and adjust the camera to better suit your vehicle.
- Display Modes: The CMOS-320 camera system can display 4 different
- Ultra Wide View: wide-angle image covering a horizontal angle of approximately 195°
- Wide View: camera image covering a horizontal angle of approximately 135°
- Overhead View: image seen from the viewpoint straight up above the vehicle
- Corner View: the views seen from the two corners of the vehicle are displayed on the left and right halves of the screen
- Image Adjustments: The multi-view camera features the
following image adjustments.
- Centering: adjusts the center of the camera installation position
- Right-and-Left Angle: adjusts the horizontal angle (in the rotary direction) of the camera installation position
- Up-And-Down Angle: adjusts the vertical angle (inclination) of the camera installation position
- Guideline Adjustments: The multi-view camera features
the following guideline adjustments.
- Size: adjusts the overall size of guidelines displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Horizontal Direction: adjusts the left-right positioning of the guidelines displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Red Line Position: adjusts the position of the red line display in the wide or overhead view mode; the red line can be used independently to set the reference line for the vehicle parking position
Note: The remote switch is needed when installing non-DNX series head unit from Kenwood.
Mounting: The multi-view camera comes with a pre-installed metal mounting bracket that attaches to your vehicles with its self-adhesive backing or included mounting screw. Once the camera is installed in the mounting bracket the camera's angle can be adjusted to work in your application. The dash-mount switch unit comes with two-sided tape to attach the switch unit to your dash, near the driver seat.
Note: The multi-view camera should be installed at a height of 1.8' or more.
- Camera (with bracket): 1.385" (w) x 1.015" (h) x 1.345" (d)
- Control Switch: 1.145" (w) x 0.465" (h) x 1.485" (d)
25 questions already asked