About the Kenwood CX-SR10
Kenwood's CX-SR10 roof-mount antenna receives the satellite signal, and sends it to your SIRIUS tuner. This antenna mounts to your vehicle's roof with special adhesive foam pads, and it can be painted to match the color of your vehicle.
Two 13-foot micro-coaxial cables have locking connectors - one connector is for the satellite signal, the other connector is for the terrestrial signal. The cables are routed under the rear window molding (or through the most convenient opening) to the SIRIUS tuner. The antenna is tested to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
Important Note: You must have a subscription to SIRIUS in order to receive the satellite radio signal.Details:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio antenna
- two 13-foot micro-cables
- mounts to vehicle's roof with adhesive foam pads
- 3-1/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 4"D
- 6-month warranty
What's in the box:
- Sirius Radio roof-mount antenna with two 13' micro cables (one micro cable has a green connector for the terrestrial repeater signal and the other has a yellow connector for the satellite signal)
- 1 Alcohol prep pad
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood CX-SR10
Overview: The Kenwood Sirius Radio antenna is designed for use with a Sirius Satellite Radio tuner. The antenna has a low-profile design, and mounts to your vehicle's roof with special adhesive foam pads. Since the CX-SR10 has dual-mode functionality, it allows you to receive terrestrial repeater and satellite signals at the same time. The antenna is tested to withstand extreme environmental conditions. The attached micro cables are designed to wrap around the rear window and to fold under the rubber molding for an invisible installation.
System: You must have a Sirius tuner, a Sirius-compatible antenna, and a subscription to Sirius Radio to receive the satellite radio signal.
Paintable: The antenna may be painted to match your vehicle's color.
Installation Tips: When selecting a location for the antenna, make sure the site meets the following conditions:
- The selected site must have a conductive surface area (e.g. a metal or aluminum roof or trunk lid) of at least 2-1/4 square feet and be at least 4 inches from the rear window molding. For convertibles with composite trunk lids, an aluminum foil "ground plane" of at least 2 square feet can be centered under the antenna location between the trunk lid and the interior lid liner.
- Line of sight to satellites must not be blocked by any metal obstructions (e.g., crossbars from a roof rack).
- The highest possible point on the vehicle's roof that satisfies the above conditions and is as flat as possible should be used for antenna placement.
Manual Correction: The manual incorrectly indicates that one antenna cable has a blue connector and the other antenna cable has a white connector. Actually, one connector is green, and the other is yellow. The cable with the green connector carries terrestrial signals, and the cable with the yellow connector carries satellite signals.
The Kenwood CX-SR10 replaces these items