About the Kenwood KMR-D558BT
Bluetooth® for your boat
Bluetooth® for your boat
With built-in Bluetooth, Kenwood's KMR-D558BT marine receiver brings the convenience of hands-free calling and wireless music streaming to your boat. If you're an Internet radio user, you can listen to your favorite stations from iHeart Radio®, Pandora®, Aupeo, or TuneIn when you're out on the water. Whatever you're playing, you'll benefit from Kenwood's Drive EQ technology, which compensates for wind, waves, and other outside noises to achieve maximum sound quality.
Plenty of ways to play
The KMR-D558BT works with all the latest gear, so you can keep the music playing all season long. Got an iPod® or iPhone®? You can plug your player into the front-panel USB input to access your playlists. Dedicated "search" and "return" buttons, plus handy tools like AppMode, Alphabet, Percentage Skip, and Related Search, help you find your music fast. The variable-color 1.5-line LCD display makes it much easier to see song titles and channel information.
If you store your music on an Android device, Kenwood's Music Control app allows you to enjoy a variety of search and playback features when your phone is plugged into the USB port. You can also liven up your cruise by loading in a disc full of music files, plugging in a thumb drive, or by jacking another device into the front-panel aux input.
Optional Kenwood marine remotes let you control the receiver from anywhere on your boat. And, if you're a satellite radio fan, add a SiriusXM tuner (subscription required) to enjoy all your favorite music, sports, and talk, even when you're miles and miles offshore. The KMR-558BT features 3 sets of preamp outputs, so you'll be in good shape when you decide to add marine amps to your system.
Made for marine use
Kenwood built this receiver to handle the extemes of the marine environment. It features a conformal coating that keeps moisture out of the internal circuitry, plus a CD slot cover and special double covers for the USB and aux inputs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine CD receiver with built-in Bluetooth
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WAV, and WMA music files
- stream Internet radio from Pandora, iHeart Radio, Aupeo, and TuneIn
- Music Control app enables playback of music files over USB from Android devices
- variable-color illumination
- 1.5 line LCD display
- rear-wired Bluetooth microphone included
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- CD slot cover and double covers for USB and AUX inputs
- Drive EQ improves sound to compensate for exterior noise
- Sound Reconstruction restores fullness to compressed digital files
- System Q Sound Control (6 EQ curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- low-pass filter and sub level control
- Speaker Setting function for different sizes and types of speakers
- iPod/iPhone direct connection with optional cable
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB and AUX inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, sub)
Other features and specs:
- removable theft-deterrent faceplate
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KMR-D558BT
What's in the box:
- Marine CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone with integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card
Kenwood KMR-D558BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KMR-D558BT
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Marine Rated: At the factory, the Kenwood KMR-D558BT marine receiver has a special water-resistant conformal coating placed on its main circuit board. This protects the circuitry from the harsh, corrosive marine environment.
Note: Even though the conformal coating makes the receiver water-resistant, it is still recommended that it be used with a universal marine cover such as the Metra (120999005B, sold separately) or Scosche (142ACM1, sold separately).
Detachable Face w/ Hidden CD Slot: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT features a hidden CD slot behind a manual flip-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit. The KMR-D558BT also features a detachable face to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
- Variable Color Illumination: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT features variable color display and button illumination. You can choose from one of 24 preset colors, have the unit scan through all 24 preset colors continuously, or customize your own color (RGB; 0-9). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-9) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The same color setting is applied to both the display and buttons. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain red.
- Brightness & Dimmer: You can dim the LCD and button illumination to better suit the time of day. You can adjust the maximum brightness of the LCD and button illumination from 0-31. The Kenwood logo and eject button do not dim.
- 12Hr/24Hr Clock: The head unit can be set to display a 12hr or 24hr clock. The unit also displays the day (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, or Sat).
- Display Illumination/Clock Display: With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit continues to display the clock and button illumination during Standby mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Note: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Optional Marine Wired Remote: The Kenwood KCA-RC35MR wired marine remote control (113RC35MR, sold separately) is designed to withstand the harsh marine environment. The Kenwood add-on wired remote features source selector, music search, and volume control buttons.
Note: The head unit's wired remote input wire (blue/yellow) also lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). The unit is not compatible with PAC's SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface. Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1 + EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood KMR-D558BT. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (for iPhone): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood KMR-D558BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit with a maximum of two Bluetooth phones and one Bluetooth audio player connected at one time (but only one can be used at a time). You can even pair your Apple iPhone by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KMR-D558BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 1-30 seconds. The KMR-D558BT also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KMR-D558BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's control knob or remote control.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's Control Knob.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KMR-D558BT. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. Stored phone numbers can be categorized by General, Home, Office, Mobile, or Other. You can search each category of the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the Kenwood head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Kenwood KMR-D558BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KMR-D558BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KMR-D558BT also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Kenwood KMR-D558BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's Answer Button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KMR-D558BT and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood KMR-D558BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs. The CD slot is hidden behind a manual fold-up cover which blends in the front-panel of the head unit.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB ports support audio playback and control of MP3/WMA/WAV audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB ports (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
Note: When a mass-storage class (MSC) compatible smartphone is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Drive Change features lets you select its internal memory or external memory (such as an SD card) for stored music playback. The Drive Change feature also lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, & WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||50 folders/512 files (255 files per folder)||255 folders/65,025 files (255 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text Scroll: The KMR-D558BT will display MP3/WMA audio file text. You can set the text scrolling feature to three different modes (Auto, Once, or Off) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Music Search + Direct Search: The Kenwood CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your MP3/WMA music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the head unit's rotary knob. The supplied IR wireless remote control (RC-406) allows you to search for music directly by entering the track number.
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Read: This function sets the method for reading a CD disc. You can choose between two modes.
- CD1: Automatically distinguishes between audio file disc and music CD when playing a CD or CD-R/RW disc.
- CD2: When unable to play a special formatted CD, set this function to CD2 to force playing. Some music CD discs may be unplayable even when set to this mode.
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite Kenwood's Music Editor Lit (v1.1.0). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB thumbdrive from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB thumbdrive using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function. The Kenwood Music Editor Light (v1.1.0) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood's website to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
iPod Direct Connection: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The KMR-D558BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Kenwood's dock connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMR-D558BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMR-D558BT.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 16-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The KDC-358 provides music control and song/artist information display.
- Music Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z) or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). The head unit also supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen. Older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info: The KMR-D558BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/25/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora/iHeart Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood CD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS Froyo or Gingerbread (2.2+). Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood CD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood CD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood CD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The KMR-D558BT allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The unit has three aux input modes.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can choose one of four tuning methods: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual Tune. The KMR-D558BT's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. The Kenwood KMR-D558BT offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
Note: Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KMR-D558BT via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately, or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/ AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Kenwood KMR-D558BT. Your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KMR-D558BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. The Kenwood KMR-D558BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also save 5 Pandora stations as presets. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Link (for iPhone/Android): The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KMR-D558BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KMR-D558BT will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: The Channel list displays a list of all available channels. You can also search and list channels in specific categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Preset Tuning: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets.
- Replay w/ Smart Favorites: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content. You can store six of your favorite channels that will automatically be buffered in the background, so when you select one of the Smart Favorite channels, you'll be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
16 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT utilizes a 16-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KMR-D558BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KMR-D558BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2.5V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The KMR-D558BT features front, rear and subwoofer 2.5-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Kenwood KMR-D558BT offers the following subwoofer controls, when you are using unit's subwoofer preamp output.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 85 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-15 to +15) from the CD receiver.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The KMR-D558BT features a High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from "Through", 100, 120, or 150 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the head unit's audio settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of 'SP-Off' (flat/off), 'SP-OEM' (for OEM factory speaker systems), 'SP-6x9/6' (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or 'SP-5/4' (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass, midrange, and treble . You can choose from the following preset EQ curves; Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass (200Hz) , Midrange (2.5kHz), and Treble (12.5kHz) level from +/- 8dB.
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, AM/FM, Aux, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora/iHeart Radio).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood CD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (BB1, BB2, BB3, or Off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
- Sound Reconstruction: When MP3 or WMA files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Sound Reconstruction function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When Sound Reconstruction is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Key Beep: The marine head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
5 questions already asked