About the Kenwood DDX372BT
More multimedia versatility with Bluetooth®
More multimedia versatility with Bluetooth®
Kenwood's DDX372BT DVD receiver elevates your mobile multimedia experience by offering comprehensive iPod® and Android controls, along with built-in Bluetooth. Its bright 6.2" touchscreen and simple menu interface make it easy to use, so you can spend your time enjoying its many features and less time reading the manual.
The Bluetooth advantage
Bluetooth gives you hands-free calling convenience, plus a wireless connection to the songs stored on your compatible music player. When you pair an Android phone, you can also enjoy Pandora® Internet Radio. Install the external Bluetooth microphone in a good spot inside your vehicle, and your callers will hear you loud and clear.
Play your music and videos
When your iPod, iPhone, or Android phone is connected, you can view album art and browse through your playlists with a few swipes of your finger. And with an iPhone plugged in, you can control and listen to Pandora. The DDX372BT also gives you voice control with compatible Siri-equipped iPhones.
Your legacy media is good to go too — the DDX372BT plays all your CDs, DVDs, and recordable discs, and you can plug a thumb drive loaded with hours of music into the receiver's USB input. This Kenwood also gives you a rear input for your A/V sources. And if you think that radio isn't cool any more, you need to check out the mindboggling variety of programming on satellite radio. Add a SiriusXM tuner (sold separately) to this Kenwood and you'll be able to listen to your favorite stations all the way through your longest road trips.
You can watch your favorite DVDs on the built-in screen whenever you're parked. This Kenwood includes a rear A/V input, so you can add a portable video player or video game console as well. The rear camera input lets you connect a backup camera. Once installed, the Kenwood's screen will show the camera feed when your vehicle is in reverse — a great feature, especially if you drive a larger vehicle.
More good stuff
Select one of the eight preset EQ settings, or you can use the 5-band equalizer to adjust the tone for your separate audio sources. The DDX372BT also provides three pairs of RCA preamp outputs that'll send a clean, high-voltage signal to any outboard amps in your system.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
You can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 5-band equalizer with eight preset EQ settings
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- loudness control
- high-pass crossover control for speakers
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear aux input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DDX372BT
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN DVD receiver w/ built-in 6.2" monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone with integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
Kenwood DDX372BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DDX372BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||7.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Kenwood DDX372BT features a fixed 6.2" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal) .
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
- Custom Background Images: You can select from two background presets or download a still image (800 x 600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Customized Top Menu: You can select and arrange which sources and icons display on the unit's Top Menu screen for easier, quicker access. Select the "ALL SRC" icon to see all sources at one time.
Note: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. Select between 18 different languages including English, Spanish, French and others.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31). The Kenwood logo remains red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display and button illumination automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's display and button illumination. You can adjust the dimmer level from -15 to +5.
Clock Display: The DVD receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "Standby" mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
2-DIN Chassis: The DDX372BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood DDX372BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.1+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DDX372BT. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DDX372BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. The head unit will even establish pairing automatically with the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), when connected via USB. Once a device is paired, the registered Bluetooth device will automatically connect to the receiver when it is in close proximity (up to 30') to the receiver. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Kenwood head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the DDX372BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately in 5 seconds.
- Dialing a Number: Using the DDX372BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the DDX372BT. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DDX372BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the Kenwood head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Kenwood DDX372BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DDX372BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The DDX372BT also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Kenwood DDX372BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "VOICE/TEL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the DDX372BT and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood DDX372BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The Kenwood DDX372BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The Kenwood DDX372BT features a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 38" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The DDX372BT also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The head unit's USB port does not support newer Android smartphones with Ice Cream, Jelly Bean, Kit Kat or newer operating systems.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DDX372BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC only)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 32-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps) |
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc.
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Auto Reload: The DVD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
iPod Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood DDX372BT supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm input. The DDX372BT offers audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple iPod/iPhone models. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you own an older iPod/iPhone with the 30-pin dock connector, you can enjoy audio and video files on your Apple device through the Kenwood DDX372BT. Using Kenwood's KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (113KCIP202, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps on your iPod/iPhone through the Kenwood DDX372BT. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DDX372BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Kenwood's Lightning connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP103 sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DDX372BT for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device through the Kenwood DVD receiver. Video playback is not supported.
Note: The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone, using the KCA-IP202 cable.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Kenwood DDX372BT lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen, your iPod/iPhone's touchscreen/clickwheel, or a downloaded app.
- Head Unit Control Mode: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). The head unit also supports basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored music and movies from the Apple device's touchscreen, as well access music and video apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Apps Control Mode: The App control Mode allows you to navigate stored music, music apps, stored video, and video apps from your 30-pin Apple device connected via Kenwood's KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (113KCIP202, sold separately). You'll still have access to basic playback controls (like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track) from the head unit, but advanced navigation functions will be locked. Not all apps will be compatible and control will be limited.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Song/Artist Info & Album Art: In Head Unit Control mode, the DDX372BT will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to iPod/App Control mode. Instead, the head unit will display "iPhone App and iPod Control Mode" (song/artist information will need to viewed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen).
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DDX372BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/26/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood DDX372BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
- Seek Modes: You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
- Presets: Not only does the multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood DDX372BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Kenwood DDX372BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station/Genre List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station or Genre List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also choose to randomly playback songs from all your registered stations.
- Create New Station: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing on Pandora.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood DDX372BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Presets + Smart Favorites: Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets can be identified as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart & TuneScan.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- TuneStart & TuneScan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel. TuneScan plays the first 10 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DDX372BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality with a Signal to Noise ratio up to 99dB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DDX372BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DDX372BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DDX372BT features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-out is non-fading. The Kenwood DDX372BT offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer pre-out activated.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 55, 85, 80, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or 'Through' (off).
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-50 to +10) from the DVD receiver.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The DDX372BT features an independent High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 'Through' (off), 40, 63, 100, 120, 150, or 180 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting. This feature is very helpful when you have smaller-type speakers in the front and larger-type speakers installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the DDX372BT according to the type of front speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Middle (for speakers with a medium diameter), or Wide (for speakers with a large diameter).
Equalizer: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 5-band EQ (80, 200, 800, 4k, 12.5k Hz) from -8 to +8.
Note: You can store EQ settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, AV, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood DVD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (1-3 or off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
A/V Input: The Kenwood DDX372BT DVD receiver is fitted with a rear-panel minijack (3.5mm) audio/video input to connect external AV sources, such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner. The rear-panel AV input also serves as the input for Kenwood's proprietary KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (sold separately).
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-220 (113CMOS220, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to the rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever video signal that is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood multimedia head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of your compatible Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
The Kenwood DDX372BT replaces these items
- 6.2" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control with iPhone (via USB) and Android (via Bluetooth)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- 6.1" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- iPhone App Mode with limited control of apps like Netflix and YouTube
- Pandora control with iPhone, compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
39 questions already asked