About the Kenwood Excelon DDX795
Kenwood versatility, Excelon quality
Kenwood versatility, Excelon quality
Ready for a receiver that'll look great in your dash, provide great smartphone integration, and sound incredible? The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 DVD receiver lets you control all your media from its resilient 6.95" touchscreen, letting you tap into crisp hands-free calling and music streaming, controls for Internet, satellite, and HD Radio™ stations, and deep tone controls to satisfy the most serious sound tweakers. And since it's part of their longstanding Excelon lineup, Kenwood backs up this receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Now including WebLink™
This Kenwood includes WebLink, which provides you simple in-dash control over select apps like YouTube® and Yelp®. So load up the free WebLink for Kenwood app, plug in your phone, and you'll have quick access to some handy infotainment for your journey. Best of all, WebLink works with both Android and iPhone.
You say you want some music?
The Kenwood DDX795 plays high-resolution FLAC and WAV files stored on a USB drive, so you can bring along your high-res library for the ride. If you're also into radio, this Kenwood is a great choice. Using its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can enjoy vastly improved sound from participating AM and FM stations in your area. You can take it a step further by adding a SiriusXM tuner for access to some truly awesome satellite radio stations that'll hang with you from coast to coast. Since your smartphone's along for the ride, you can also check out the incredible selection on Pandora® and Spotify® Internet radio services.
Go wireless with Bluetooth®
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with the convenience of hands-free phone calls. This Kenwood lets you quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. You can install the included wired microphone close to you, so callers can hear you loud and clear. When your smartphone's paired with this receiver, you can also use Kenwood's free remote app to use your phone as a remote control.
Nice visual offerings
You can check out your favorite DVDs on the built-in screen whenever you're parked. A rear video output can feed additional video screens to keep your backseat passengers amused. The DDX795 includes front and rear camera inputs, letting you connect dash and backup cameras. The Kenwood's screen will show the rear camera feed with graphic parking lines when your vehicle is in reverse — a great feature, especially for tight parking spots. Kenwood also knows that every dash is different, so they provided an electronic viewing angle adjustment for the best visibility in your ride.
Tone control and system expansion
Use the 13-band equalizer and built-in digital time alignment to put yourself right in the recording studio, no matter which seat you're in. The DDX795 also provides three pairs of RCA preamp outputs that'll send a clean, high-voltage signal to any outboard amps in your system, just in case you want some more power to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DDX795 offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- customizable display background and digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- plays high-res WAV and FLAC files (up to 24-bit/96 kHz)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote app
- works with WebLink for Kenwood app for access to apps like YouTube® and Yelp®
- music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connection
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- Supreme EQ improves the compressed digital sound for all music sources
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear- and front-view camera inputs
- outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- optional wireless remote
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DDX795
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ motorized 6.95" monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male mono-minijack connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
Kenwood Excelon DDX795 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon DDX795
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||7.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC/WAV (96kHz)|
WebLink (for iPhone & Android): Download the Kenwood WebLink app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) and connect your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone via USB to access some of your favorite apps such asYouTube and Yelp through the Kenwood DDX795. Using these apps through the large, clear touchscreen of the DDX795 makes WebLink a safe and easy way to access popular navigation, media, weather apps while in your vehicle.
- Yelp: Yelp uses automated software to recommend the most helpful and reliable reviews for the Yelp community among the millions submitted. The software looks at dozens of different signals, including various measures of quality, reliability, and activity on Yelp. Let Yelp help you find the best Restaurants, Hotels, Automotive Service Centers, Banks, Shopping Malls, and more. Search by Category, Favorites, Distance, Point on the Map, or Keyword. A keyword search requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- OpenWeatherMap: Within WebLink is the OpenWeatherMap app, which gives you today's forecast and a four day outlook of the weather in your area.
- YouTube: With WebLink, you can access YouTube and play videos on the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen monitor (your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged). You can select videos from a variety of categories or search by keyword(s).
- MediaPlayer (Audio Only): WebLink allows you to access the Kenwood receiver's stored music library for playback. From the DDX795's touchscreen, you can browse your phone's music library by Artist, Album, Genres, Playlist, or Songs. You can also search your music by typing in an artist's name or a song title (the vehicle's parking brake has to be engaged for this feature). In addition, you get playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat. The DVD receiver's screen will display song/artist/album information, along with album art.
- Once you have your device connected to the head unit and you have selected WebLink as the source, the WebLink app are not controllable from your Apple iOS or Android device. If you need to control the WebLink app from your smartphone, you will have to disconnect your phone's cable from the Kenwood receiver. I
- The WebLink app must be opened as the primary app on your phone. If you press the home button or go to access other apps on your phone, the WebLink app will pause on the DDX795, until the WebLink app is the primary app again. WebLink will not work with these apps only running in the background.
- Some apps within WebLink will require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged to operate certain functions & features of the application.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connect via USB: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 supports direct connection of your iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector through its rear-panel USB port. Your iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector can be connected the DDX795's rear-panel USB port using Kenwood's KCA-iP103 cable (sold separately) or other Apple certified Lighting-to-USB cable. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Apple Lightning device through the Kenwood DVD receiver.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Radio, Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). The head unit also supports basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, you can still use your iPhone's touchscreen to access music apps.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The DDX795 will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art.
Notes: Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices. Video playback is not supported.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/6/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Remote App||WebLink||Spotify||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad or Android tablets. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Bluetooth 3.0 The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 3.0 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAP 1.2 (Phone Book Access Profile),
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DDX795. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: You can pair up to ten Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the Kenwood receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone's contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the Kenwood receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit's touchscreen.
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood Excelon DDX795 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings.
- USB Pairing (for iPhone): You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5+) by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the Kenwood Excelon DDX795 provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the DDX795 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (1-30 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DDX795, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Enter Phone #: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 31 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data (up to 1,000 entries) from your smartphone to the DDX795. You can then use the head unit's touchscreen to dial a contact from the downloaded phone book. You can search the phone book alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 total).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition (like Siri or Google Voice), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply press the voice control button on the head unit's front-panel and speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DDX795 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, echo cancellation, and noise reduction of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood Excelon DDX795 for playback.
- SBC & AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the DDX795 offers support of AAC codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple devices. By supporting AAC, the DDX795 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DDX795 lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone & Android): You can access Pandora & Spotify online music services on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone through the Kenwood Excelon DDX795 receiver. You can also access Apple Music Radio through your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone. Your compatible mobile device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Pandora: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the DDX795 using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically, or shuffle playback stations in your list. New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also select stations from a Genre list. In addition, you can skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- Spotify: The DDX795 has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen & front-panel controls. You can even create your stations by entering a track, artist, or playlist. You also get song/artist information on the unit's LCD touchscreen. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
- Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iOS 9.3.5+ device through the Kenwood Excelon DDX795. With a WiFi or cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the Kenwood receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information, along with album art.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- SmartFavorite Presets: Up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio station presets can be saved. Presets (P1-P5) of the current band are
recognized as SmartFavorites and offer advanced features like Instant
Replay, TuneStart, & TuneScan.
- TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite preset channel on the current band.
- TuneScan: TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Smart Favorite Preset music channels on the currently tuned band.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay content from the currently tuned SiriusXM channel. The SiriusXM tuner will continually buffer up to 60 minutes of audio from the currently tuned channel. You can also rewind and replay up to 30 minutes of any missed content from a SmartFavorite preset on the currently tuned band.
- Content Alert: The unit will inform you when receiving music & sports content you are interested in. You can register your favorite artists, songs, or teams (up to 60 can be registered).
- Traffic & Weather Jump: You can standby for receiving traffic and weather information. When traffic or weather broadcast for a selected city are detected, the channel is automatically switched.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked. If you don want to receive some channels, you can skip them.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
HD Radio: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (75dB SN @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (75 dB SN @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the DDX774BH to search only HD Radio stations, Analog AM/FM stations, or both.
- Tuner Presets: The DDX774BH's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24). Not only does the DVD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Station Info & Multicasting: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8).
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Disc Compatibility: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795's touchscreen monitor electronically slides down for loading and ejecting discs. The DDX795 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, & CD-R/RW discs. The head unit supports a variety of music, video, and photo files via CD and DVD.
- Off Eject: A disc can be ejected even the unit is turned off, as long as your vehicle's key is in the start or accessory position.
- Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
USB MSC Playback: The DDX795 features a rear-panel USB-A 2.0 port attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 39" cable. The USB port enables connection of USB mass storage class (MSC) devices - like USB thumbdrives and portable digital music players. You can insert a compatible USB MSC device into the head unit's USB port for playback, control, and metadata display of a variety of music, video, and photo files. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: Not compatible Android AOA devices, USB MTP devices, and USB hubs or card-readers.
High Resolution Audio: The DDX795 is compatible with a broad range of audio file formats from high-resolution audio sources such as FLAC and WAV (up to 96kHz), to MP3, WMA and AAC.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 16/32, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz; 8-320kbps |
WMA: 8-48kHz; 5-320kbps
AAC: 32, 441., or 48 kHz; 16-320 kbps
WAV: 44.1kHz; 16-bit
|MP3: 16-48kHz; 8-320kbps |
WMA: 16-48kHz; 8-320kbps
AAC: 16-48 kHz; 8-320 kbps
WAV: 16-96kHz; 16-bit
FLAC: 16-96kHz; 16-bit
|Video||MPEG1/MPEG2: <4GB||MPEG1/MPEG2, MPEG4 (MP4), H.264 (AVI), WMV, MKV: <4GB|
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 1232x672 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)||9,999 folders/5,000 files (1,000 per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC/WAV-tags, & Album Art|
Search Functions: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795offers unique search functions for disc, microSD, & USB playback.
- Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc or USB device.
- Category Search (USB only): You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device or microSD memory card by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. Once a category is selected, you can search the contents alphabetically.
- Link Search (USB only): Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 will display song/artist information as well as album art for MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC music tracks (if encoded).
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Excelon Series: The DDX595 receiver is part of Kenwood's Excelon series line-up. It incorporates the latest technologies and delivers the highest sonic performance. From advanced audio tuning capabilities, crossover and equalizer system, high-voltage preouts (5V), plus a two-year warranty - Kenwood Excelon represents exceptional audio quality with long-lasting dependability.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DDX795 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality with a Signal to Noise ratio up to 82dB for disc and 104dB for USB.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DDX795 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DDX795 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/5V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DDX795 features front, rear and subwoofer 5.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and offers independent level control (-50 to +10 dB).
Vehicle Setup: In order to optimize the sound quality in your vehicle, you can indentify the type of vehicle you have, select speaker sizes & locations, as well as configure listening distances.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off
- Speaker Size: You can select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, or None), Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10" or None), and Sub (6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15" or Over, None).
- Speaker Location: You can indicate the location of your vehicle's front and speakers. Choose from "Upper Door Area", "Lower Door Area", "On Dash", "Under Dash", or "Parcel Shelf Area".
- DTA (Digital Time Alignment): For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
High Pass & Low Pass Crossovers: The receiver offers independent high pass filters for front speakers and rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the unit's sub out.
- Front & Rear: independently set high pass filter (HPF)
for your front & rear speakers
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: set low pass filter (LPF)
for unit sub out
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Equalizer: The Kenwood DDX795 offers 8 EQ Presets for easy adjustment, a 13-band EQ for customized tuning, and a Drive EQ mode to overcome road noise. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Rock, Powerful, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Flat or User 1/2/3/4) suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- 13-Band EQ: The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 13-band EQ (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency's gain level can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB, while the Q-factor can be adjusted to 1.35, 1.5, or 2.0
- Drive EQ: The Drive EQ mode helps you hear your music over road noise. It boosts certain frequency ranges that become hard to hear due to road noise.
Music Enhancements: You can restore the sound lost due to audio compression, as well as enhance the sound by virtually manipulating the soundscape.
- Realizer: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Realizer feature boosts low frequencies which can be lost during compression. Set to Level 1, Level 1, Level 3, or Off.
- Supreme: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
- Space Enhancer & Stage EQ: You can set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level. You can also virtually raise the sound position heard from your speakers; the Stage EQ can be set to High, Middle, Low, or Off.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The DVD receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The DDX795 also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
- Bass Boost & Extension: The DDX795 features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies. When Bass Extension is turned on, frequencies lower than 6.25 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 13-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
Front & Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear-view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-230 (113CMOS230, sold separately). By connecting a rear-view camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen LCD to see what's behind you when backing up. There is also a composite video input for connecting a front dash-cam (sold separately), so you can display what's ahead of you on the head unit's touchscreen LCD monitor.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a rear-view camera is connected and you are viewing a rear view image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines and two vertical guidelines.
- Rear-View Auto Switching: The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
Note: The rear-view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: The WebLink & YouTube feature of the DDX795 cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
OEM Integration: This Kenwood DVD receiver is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Kenwood receiver to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, plus select Honda/Acura, Toyota/Scion, Volkswagen & Subaru vehicles with factory digital amplifiers.
- Retained Features: The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Kenwood head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, USB interface, Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). *Retained features will vary by vehicle.
- Extra Features: In some installations, the iDatalink Maestro RR lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist. *Extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Kenwood receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
6.95" Motorized Clear Resistive Touchscreen: The Kenwood DDX795 features a 6.95" widescreen (16:9) clear resistive touchscreen LCD with LED backlighting. The clear resistive touchscreen LCD provides a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text. The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with easy-to-identify icons, making menu navigation easy. To perform operations on the screen, simply touch, touch & hold, flick, or swipe the screen to make a selection. The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc. The bottom of the touchscreen monitor can be tilted upward at six different positions to provide the best visibility in your vehicle (you can save any one of these positions to the head unit's memory).
- Custom Home Screen & Shortcuts: You can customize the head unit's Home Screen by rearranging the icons and moving the icons of the seven most sources you use most to this screen. Shortcut keys can be accessed via the touchscreen by pressing the rotary knob.
- Background Color & Images: You can choose between nine preset background colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White. You can also choose to link the displays color with the unit's front-panel variable color illumination that you set. In addition, there are six preset background images or you can download your own still image (800 x 600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Video & Picture Adjustments: During video playback, you can adjust the screen's backlight, contrast, brightness, color, tint, & aspect ratio (Full/Normal/Auto).
- Clock Display: The DVD receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "Standby" mode. Pressing and holding the Power/Menu button turns the unit off completely.
Note: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination, as well as display background color from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Aqua, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim the head unit's display & front-panel illumination automatically when your vehicle's light switch is turned On, if you have the unit's orange/white "Illumination" wire connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit. You can also choose to dim the display manually. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain the same brightness.
Remote App (for Apple iOS): The Kenwood Remote App (for Apple iOS 8.0+) operates the Kenwood receiver like a wireless remote control from your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iOS device. The Kenwood Remote App provides traditional touchscreen control, as well as directional and freeform gesture control from your compatible mobile device.
- Source Selection: The Kenwood Remote App provides list of the receiver's built-in sources and connected sources (CD, Aux, AM/FM, USB, Bluetooth); so you can select which source you want to listen to from the app on your mobile device.
- Playback Control: The application lets you control CD, USB, and Bluetooth audio playback. You have control of Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. From the app you can also select AM/FM bands, select preset stations, and seek AM/FM stations.
- Display Information: The app also displays source information such as station number, track number & playback time, as well as song/artist/album information (when applicable)
- Audio Settings: From the application on your mobile device, you can adjust the receiver's volume up or down. In addition, audio settings such as EQ, Crossover, DTA, and other audio adjustments can be easily set using the Kenwood Remote application.
- When using the Kenwood Remote App with your compatible Apple iOS device, the application and device must be connected to the receiver via Bluetooth (not USB) for playback of Bluetooth audio. For playback of a USB-direct connection from an Apple iOS device, the device and application must be connected to the head unit via USB (not Bluetooth).
- The Remote App is no longer compatible with any model Android OS device (as of 1/1/2019).
Remote Control: The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with Kenwood's IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
- Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood DVD head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
The Kenwood Excelon DDX795 replaces these items
- Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked