About the Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR
Several "Wow!" factors
Several "Wow!" factors
What happens when you combine superior audiophile sound capabilities with big screen usability? Enter the Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR digital multimedia receiver. "Floating" receivers appear in many modern factory audio systems, but Kenwood has upped the ante with its massive 10.1" touchscreen display. You'll easily see all the info and get the latest smartphone interfaces such as Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay®, and Android Auto®. You can also customize the display to show travel aids you need most, such as the weather, navigation, tone controls, a compass, camera displays, and of course, a clock. It even has a multi-function volume knob for quick adjustments. Kenwood also backs up this Excelon Reference receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Handy mounting features
This receiver's chassis fits in most double-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be a major issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can adjust its vertical mounting height, as well as choose from two depth positions, to free up other vehicle controls and vents in your ride. Once the screen is fixed into the chassis, you can also manually tilt the display forward and back to compensate for angled dashes and glare.
Set the display your way
This receiver's big screen shows off crisp, detailed video from both your digital video media and up to four cameras you can connect. You can also adjust its layout so it looks (and works) the way you like. Movable widgets let you bring the important stuff to the forefront, such as music sources, navigation, and weather. You can even tweak your music quickly within a widget. This Kenwood also includes an INRIX weather widget with a free 5-year subscription — super handy for long trips. Kenwood's free Portal app lets you transfer photos from your smartphone for slide shows and personal backgrounds for your in-dash media hub.
Get quick access to a variety of customizable "widgets" to access music, weather, and more.
Getting your phone involved
Using this Kenwood's wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you're ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving. (Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay.) In addition, the DMX1057XR offers wireless or wired screen mirroring for select Android phones, which lets you select apps directly from the Kenwood touchscreen.
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you'll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you're familiar with — while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless Qi charger.
A great hub for media
Into your high-res music library? The DMX1057XR will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive, including WAV, FLAC, and DSD files. Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will open up even more Internet-based music, talk radio, and podcast apps for you, as well. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away or use cell data, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. You can stay in tune locally as well and enjoy crystal-clear audio from participating stations with this Kenwood's built-in HD Radio® tuner. If you're into simply streaming music from your phone, this receiver's LDAC feature means you can stream high-res sound via Bluetooth with select Android phones.
Built for sound quality and system expansion
For those who like total control over their sound, the big display and widgets help there, too. Kenwood included a 13-band parametric equalizer, digital time alignment, and bass/subwoofer controls that can be part of your home screen for quick adjustments on the fly. If you're planning on adding multiple amplifiers to the system, the DMX1057XR also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal, as well as a 3-way crossover network you can run directly from the massive touchscreen display. And because this receiver is part of Kenwood's Excelon Reference line, it's also constructed with tuned audiophile-grade components to get the best sound possible from your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DMX1057XR offers compatibility in a growing number of aftermarket radios, thanks to iDatalink's Maestro modules (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, the Maestro ADS-MRR module let you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. iDatalink also now offers the Maestro ADS-MRR2 module, which adds features like programmable outputs for add-on accessory items, such as lighting and winch accessories, as well as built-in Bluetooth for future wireless software updates for the module. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the compatible iDatalink ADS-MRR modules offered on the way to the Shopping Cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 10.1" HD capacitive touchscreen display
- AAS display technology for wider viewing angle
- before final installation, depth and height of the display can be adjusted to provide dash vent and control access
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background and widget controls
- ambient lighting and multi-function volume knob controls
- plays high-res FLAC, WAV, and DSD files on USB drives
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- included INRIX weather app with free 5-year subscription
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth built-in for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in LDAC for high-res wireless audio streaming with select Android phones
- compatible with wireless or wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- wireless (Miracast) and wired (HDMI) mirroring for Android
- plays USB memory devices
- 13-band parametric equalizer with digital time alignment
- 3-way crossover mode (runs highs, mids, and lows)
- Supreme setting improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Stage EQ compensates for low speaker positions
- DriveEQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- subwoofer level and phase controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- direct connection and control with Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam
- inputs: rear USB input, HDMI input, rear A/V input (mini), four camera inputs (including 2 high-def inputs and DRV-N520 input)
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDataLink Maestro modules
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- K40/Escort radar detector-ready
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMX1057XR
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||22 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||---|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||---|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||---|
|Music File Playback|