About the Kenwood DMX4707S
Big on smartphones
Big on smartphones
Kenwood's DMX4707S digital multimedia receiver features built-in Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, giving you extensive voice control so you can keep your eyes on the road. Plug in your iPhone® or Android device, and this Kenwood's 6.8" capacitive touchscreen displays the navigation, messaging, and music apps you know so well. If your phone is tucked away, you can still use this receiver's built-in Bluetooth® for wireless convenience. And if you like experimenting with your sound, a solid suite of sound processing and tone controls gives you free reign over all aspects of your soundstage.
Kenwood packs all of these features into a shallow-mount chassis, with a depth just under 3".
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a seamless interface, allowing you to access iPhone content with the sound of your voice. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
If you're an Android user, this receiver is ready for your phone, too. Android Auto integrates your Android device into the driving experience without distracting you from the job at hand — driving . You'll have easy voice access to Google Maps, weather, music, and apps, not to mention your text messages. And you can make calls, too, of course. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
If you use apps unsupported by Android Auto, not to worry. With a USB connection, this receiver will mirror your Android screen, giving you touchscreen control over your favorite phone features.
Music is a priority
Got a rare music library? Load your music files onto a USB drive for easy playback. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you leave the city limits, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine. The DMX4707S also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too.
Lots of ways to shape your music
In addition to offering lots of options for music, Kenwood provides several ways to get the most out of your tunes. This receiver's 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment take tweaking to a new level. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver also offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging. The DMX4707S also includes a full set of 2-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide a clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- shallow-mount digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- plays a variety of music files via USB
- MP3, WMA, AAC music files
- high-resolution WAV and FLAC music files
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- Apple CarPlay compatible (requires wired USB connection to your phone)
- Android Auto compatible (requires wired USB connection to your phone)
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Android mirroring via USB
- 13-band graphic EQ with Drive EQ and digital time alignment
- bass boost and loudness controls
- high- and low-pass filters
- parking grid lines for rear-view camera
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear analog A/V input (mini-jack), backup camera input
- outputs: rear composite video output, 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (21 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMX4707S
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ fixed 6.75" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- 6.5' Light-green parking brake wire (pre-installed)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Trim-ring removal tool
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Important Notice on Software
- "Information" sheet
Kenwood DMX4707S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DMX4707S
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 2.0|
|iPhone||5 and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||21 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||16.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,WAV,FLAC|
|High-res Playback||FLAC,WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is the smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver's USB port via the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Android Auto: The Kenwood digital media receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver's rear-panel USB port and the USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smartphone enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Android Smartphone Mirroring: Using the Mirroring OA for Kenwood app, you can mirror the content from your Android (OS 7.0+) smartphone onto the touchscreen monitor of the Kenwood DMX4707S; you'll be able to enjoy video and audio playback. Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the DMX4707S via USB and Bluetooth. The Kenwood receiver's light green wire (attached to rear chassis) must also be attached to your vehicle parking brake circuit and your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged in order to mirror content from your Android smartphone to the DMX4707S. In addition to mirroring content from your Android smartphone, you'll also be able to control your Android device from the in-dash receiver's touchscreen (some content may not support touchscreen control from the receiver). Mirrored content may or may not display in a portrait or landscape orientation.
- You must indicate that you will be using your connected Android smartphone for USB Mirroring and not Android Auto within the Kenwood receiver's on-screen menu.
- The unit does not support audio playback from Android devices using MTP (Media Transport Protocol) or AOA (Android Open Accessory).
- The Kenwood DMX4707S does not support Apple iOS device mirroring.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and Android Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Smartphone Charging: The Kenwood DMX4707S will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 4.1: The Kenwood DMX4707S is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.1 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DMX4707S. Check here for the latest Bluetooth compatibility information.
Multi-Device SSP: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DMX4707S without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can pair multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices (up to 7) to the Kenwood head unit, but only one can be active at a time. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units together wirelessly.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the Kenwood DMX4707S provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the DMX4707S can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles front speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (within 5 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DMX4707S, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can download phonebook data (up to 1000 entries) from your phone to the DMX4707S. You can then dial by using the downloaded phone book and search it alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 20 entries total).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition (including Siri or Google Voice), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DMX4707S supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood DMX4707S for playback.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the DMX4707S offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the DMX4707S offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DMX4707S lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4-up phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DMX4707S includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
USB MSC Playback: The Kenwood DMX4707S features a rear-panel USB port that is attached to the rear-chassis via a 39" cable. This USB port can be used for connection and control of a USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of a variety of audio (including Hi-Res) and video files stored on a compatible USB memory device (see chart below). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- High Resolution Audio Playback: The Kenwood digital media receiver supports playback of high-resolution FLAC & WAV music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) via USB. High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music.
- Search Functions: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a USB device. Category Search lets you navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Artist, Song, Album, or Genre. Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The Kenwood DMX4707S will display song/artist information (as well as album art) for MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music tracks.
Notes: The USB port does not support MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), AOA (Android Open Accessory), iPod/iPhone Direct, USB hubs, or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DMX4707S supports the following types of audio and video files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 16/32 or exFAT|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3/WMA/AAC: bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling frequency of
|Video||MPEG-1: max resolution of 352 x 240 or 352
x 288; max bit-rate of 1.5Mbps |
MPEG-2: max resolution of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576; max bit-rate of 8Mbps
MPEG-4/H.264: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
WMV/MKV: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||9,999 folders/999 files per folder|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-, AAC-, and FLAC-tags|
AV Input: The Kenwood DMX4707S is outfitted with a rear-panel AV input which consists of a 3.5mm AV jack for connection of an external audio/video device such as a DVD player, game console or TV tuner.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display the AV-input or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not. Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Android Mirroring is not supported by the receiver's video output.
Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-230 (113CMOS230, sold separately). By connecting a rear view camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen monitor to see what's behind you when backing up.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a rear-view camera is connected and you are viewing a rear view image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines and two vertical guidelines.
- Rear-View Auto Switching: The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's Support Site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood DMX4707S is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, & Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Category & Direct Search: You can specifiy a desired category (genre) and then select a channel to listen to. Or, you can tune into a channel directly by entering its station number.
- Replay & Presets: You can replay the last 60 minutes of the program from the current tuned channel. You can store up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets.
- Parental Control: The Parental Control feature allows you to limit access to any SiriusXM channels, including those with mature content. When enabled, the parental Control feature requires you to enter a Parental Code to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: DMX4707S features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store a total of 15 FM stations presets and 5 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. You can activate the monaural mode to improve FM reception, when a station is weak (the stereo effect will be lost).
- RDS (Radio Data System): RDS (Radio Data System) is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency.
- Traffic Information: There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast on FM only, even when you're not listening to the radio.
- US or European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your Bluetooth connected Apple iOS 8.0+ device through the Kenwood DMX4707S. With a cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the Kenwood receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information (no album art).
Note: Access to Apple Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DMX4707S is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DMX4707S are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 21 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 45 watts x 4 channels (180 watts total)
5ch/2V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DMX4707S features front, rear and mono-subwoofer 2V pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable, while mono-subwoofer pre-out is non-fading. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and features independent level control (-40 to +6).
Vehicle Settings: In order to optimize the sound quality in your vehicle, you can indentify the type of vehicle you have, select speaker sizes & locations, as well as configure listening distances.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Sedan, Wagon, or Off.
- Speaker Sizes: You can select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, or None), Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10" or None), and Sub (6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15" or Over, None).
- Speaker Locations: You can indicate the location of your front and rear speakers - Front (Upper Door, Lower Door, On Dash, Under Dash) and Rear (Upper Door, Lower Door, Parcel Shelf/Rear Deck, Upper Cargo Area, Lower Cargo Area.
- DTA (Digital Time Alignment): For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. In addition, you're able to adjust the output level (-8 to 0dB) of each speaker.
High Pass & Low Pass Crossovers: You are able to select independent high pass crossovers for your front and rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the head unit's sub output.
- Front & Rear: Independently set high pass filter (HPF) for front & rear speakers.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: Set low pass filter (LPF) for the sub output.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Equalizer: The Kenwood DMX4707S offers easy selectable EQ Presets, as well a manually tuned 13-band EQ.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 Preset sound modes and 3 User sound modes. Choose from Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz, Classical, Hard Rock, Flat or User 1/2/3). Select the preset suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- 13-Band EQ: The User modes allow you to adjust the head unit's 13-Band EQ. Adjustable frequencies include 62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz. These frequencies can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The digital media receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The DMX4707S also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Loudness, Bass Boost & Bass Extension: The Loudness feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies at any volume level. There is also a Bass Extension feature which further enhances the unit's bass output on frequencies lower than 62.5Hz.
- Volume Offset: The input level of each source is adjustable relative each other's volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
6.75" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Kenwood DMX4707S features a fixed 6.75" widescreen (16:9) capacitive touchscreen LCD with LED backlighting. The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. The capacitive touchscreen LCD provides a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text; as well as highly responsive touchscreen operation. You can make the following adjustments to the head unit's touchscreen display to better fit your application and needs.
- Home Screen & Shortcut Buttons: The unit's Main Home Screen contains touchscreen icons for all 10 sources and the Settings menu. The Shortcut Home Screen consists of 4 customized sources that you use the most, plus icon selections for the Main Home Screen and Settings Menu.
- Background Images: There are six preset background images (wallpapers) to choose from; or you can download your own JPEG/PNG/BMP still image (800x600) to use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Screen Adjust: You can adjust the Contrast, Brightness, Color, and Tint of the touchscreen monitor to suit your preference.
- Dimmer: The illumination dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Sync (dims or brightens when the headlight switch is turned on or off).
- Clock Display: The digital media receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "AV Off" mode. Pressing the "Power Off" touchscreen icon turns the unit off completely.
Parking Brake Interlock: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as CarPlay and Android Auto.
Note:The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions, menu options, and Android mirroring.
Touch-Sensitive, Push Button Controls: In addition to the capacitive touchscreen monitor, the Kenwood DMX4707S offers five touch-sensitive buttons along the left edge of the screen. The button illumination is a fixed blue color.
Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a factory steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
45 questions already asked