About the Kenwood DMX9707S
Fully loaded with entertainment
Fully loaded with entertainment
Experience the dazzling impact of Kenwood's DMX9707S multimedia receiver with its 6.95" HD touchscreen display. Let's talk about the convenience factor: Kenwood builds wired and wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ into this powerhouse of a receiver, which means you'll get all the best smartphone integration features while your phone stays in your pocket or bag. If you need a charge, connect your phone via USB and functionality remains the same.
When it comes to music, Kenwood gives you lots of great options, including HD Radio and high-res audio playback, along with satellite radio with an optional tuner and subscription. Bluetooth makes it happen for hands-free calling and music streaming.
Wired and wireless smartphone integration and more
With your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone connected to the DMX9707S via USB, you'll gain a variety of apps that are simple to switch between, whether you're using this radio's touchscreen or voice control. This receiver also offers:
- Wired and wireless Android Auto: Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto.
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
- Screen mirroring: If you use apps unsupported by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, this receiver will mirror your Android and iPhone screen, giving you touchscreen control over your favorite phone features. With select Android phones, you'll gain wireless screen mirroring.
The DMX9707S lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
Four camera inputs
These days, vehicle cameras are a must for safer driving, and Kenwood gives you four video inputs for front-view, side-view, rear-view, and backup cameras. Kenwood also provides a proprietary input for the DRV-N520 dash cam. You can use electronic angle adjustment of your display to tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen, while you enjoy your music up front.
Two USB inputs and more
Kenwood includes a built-in HD Radio tuner so you can enjoy the very best audio quality in radio, plus extra programming choices on second and third channels when available. Two rear USB inputs open up your source options, and there's great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you leave the city limits, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radioprogramming without interruption from Bangor to Bakersfield.
Get your tune on
This receiver's suite of sound-crafting tools include a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. Bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources with this receiver's processing power. The DMX9707S also includes three pairs of 4-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DMX9707S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.95" resistive touchscreen HD display
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- higher resolution Bluetooth music streaming from LDAC-equipped Android devices
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wireless or wired Android Auto compatible
- wireless or wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- wired mirroring for iPhones and select Android devices
- wireless mirroring for select Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- 13-band graphic EQ
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: dual rear USB inputs, rear analog A/V input, four camera inputs including one HD-capable input, input for the DRV-N520 dash cam
- outputs: rear analog A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMX9707S
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DMX9707S
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google,Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||---|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||WAV/FLAC (24-bit/192kHz)|
The Kenwood DMX9707S replaces these items