About the Kenwood DNR876S
Meet Kenwood's flagship no-disc navigation receiver
Meet Kenwood's flagship no-disc navigation receiver
Kenwood knows that a lot of people don't play CDs anymore, so they've responded by introducing excellent stereos without built-in disc players. The Kenwood DNR876S navigation receiver boasts a lot of top-notch features, including wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, accurate Garmin directions, expanded entertainment choices, and audio upgrades you'll hear and feel. Will it be enough for you to notice that you can't slide your beloved copy of Abba Gold into the nonexistent CD slot? Read on to find out.
Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi®, you can enjoy the benefits of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay without connecting your phone to the DNR876S via USB. That's convenience on top of convenience, considering that you can now get maps, messaging, music, and much more done through the stereo using your fingers and either Siri® voice assistant or Google Assistant™ to control the action. Plus, you'll get easy access to many of your favorite apps — find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay. In addition, the DNR876S offers wireless screen mirroring for select Android phones, which lets you select apps directly from the Kenwood touchscreen when the emergency brake's on.
Pair a pair of phones
If you're driving with a passenger, the DNR876S can pair with up to two phones at once. You'll be able to designate one phone as the priority but be able to switch between the two with ease, as well as have access to both phonebooks.
Reliable directions from Garmin
The DNR876S supplies Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, so you'll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns and lane assistance. Kenwood's interface also provides more opportunities for split-screen control, so you can still follow the maps as the stereo shows you what's playing or who's calling.
2 years of free INRIX traffic reports
You'll get a free 2-year subscription to INRIX traffic service, which provides quick updates on congestion along your route. You'll need to have your smartphone with the app on it connected to the receiver to take advantage of these traffic updates. INRIX updates require an in-app purchase after the 2-year subscription ends.
Upgraded interface and Photo Frame Widget
With a new user interface for 2019, it's easier than ever to find and switch between your favorite sources and check out album artwork and map details. The new Photo Frame Widget feature lets you create a slideshow of up to 500 images from a thumb drive on the receiver's home screen.
Comes with an HD Radio™ tuner
The DNR876S also features an HD Radio tuner. You'll enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
Get down with your files and external sources
Even without a disc player, you can still enjoy connection for more audio/video sources with an A/V input. A pair of rear USB ports let you add audio from an iPod or flash drive, including high-resolution FLAC and WAV files. You also get an SD card slot for playing digital music files and map updates.
Why struggle with stations fading away as you travel? You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides — and your favorite stations are always there.
Add up to three cameras
The DNR876S is capable of connecting two different cameras so you can see more when you're getting in and out of tight spots. If you've got a pair of rear-view cameras, you can reverse the image of the one up front to get a more precise picture. With select Kenwood cameras, you can have the display automatically switch to a momentary view from the front camera when you shift out of reverse. The receiver also features a dedicated input for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam so you can capture your travels in high definition.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras — and add some upgrades
The DNR876S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen. It'll even integrate your stealth K40 RL200di radar detector into the stereo's display, so you can see and hear about incoming threats. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our articles about Bluetooth profiles.
Installation note: You must have the parking brake wire connected for some setup functions and menu options. You must have your vehicle's speed sense wire connected to use wireless Apple CarPlay.
- digital multimedia player with motorized 6.95" resistive touchscreen (does not play discs)
- built-in Garmin navigation system
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC music files, plus high-res WAV and FLAC files
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- AM/FM tuner
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible (wired or wireless)
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- voice control through Siri® or Google Assistant™
- wireless screen mirroring from select Android phones
- compatible with Kenwood Remote S smartphone app for wireless source selection through your phone
- maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- optional traffic reports available through INRIX smartphone app 2-year subscription included with purchase (smartphone required)
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance
- plays USB memory devices and SD cards
- Drive EQ boosts specific frequencies to overcome road noise
- 13-band EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- digital time alignment, space enhancer, sound realizer, sound elevation, bass boost, and loudness
- dual-zone A/V output
- supports rear-view camera adjustable parking lines (optional camera required)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: dual rear USB inputs; SD card slot; rear A/V input (mini); two camera inputs; input for Kenwood DRV-N520 Drive Recorder
- outputs: video output (RCA) with audio output (mini-jack), 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DNR876S
More details on the Kenwood DNR876S
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|High-res Playback||WAV/FLAC (24-bit, 192KHz)|