About the Kenwood DRV-410
Deck out your dash
Deck out your dash
I like a clean dash, so that puts a compact dash camera like Kenwood's DRV-410 near the top of my list. But here's where Kenwood pulls ahead of the pack — the DRV-410 is a safety sensor as well.
Kenwood keeps you alert
This dash cam features two key features to help you drive more safely:
Collision Avoidance Warning provides you with audible alerts if you're traveling too close to the vehicle ahead of you.
Lane Departure Warning alerts you audibly if you've crossed a lane divider while in motion.
All the camera specs you're looking for
The Kenwood DRV-410's fully automated camera will start recording once the engine is turned on and stop when the engine is turned off. Beyond that, you can simply enjoy peace of mind — the camera is loop-recording a high resolution, Super HD, wide-angle view of the road (along with the date, time, and exact GPS location) to set the record straight if something unexpected happens.
If you're involved in an accident, this device's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then save the last, current and next recordings, preserving a complete record of the event. You can play the footage back on the Kenwood's display, or save the video file to the included microSD™ card for viewing on another device. You can also set the DRV-410 to record when the ignition is off — a perfect choice when you're parked on a not-so-savory street.
- Super HD portable digital video recorder
- includes vehicle power cable, hard-wire cable option, adhesive-backed mount, and 8GB microSD card
- GPS receiver for incident geo-tracking and time-stamping
- 117° wide-angle view
- alerts driver with warnings of forward collision and lane departure
- high dynamic range for a sharper image
- G-sensor incident detection
- display for viewing and playback
- resolution: 2304 x 1296
- frame rate: 30/27.5 frames per second
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRV-410
What's in the box:
- Dashboard camera
- 11.5' Power/ground harness
- 12-Volt/Cigarette lighter adapter (attached 13' DC cord)
- Self-adhesive mounting bracket
- 8GB microSD card
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
Kenwood DRV-410 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DRV-410
Dashboard Camera: The Kenwood DRV-410 is a GPS Integrated Dashboard Camera that offers HD video recording in a compact design to document any occurrence or disturbance you may come across while driving your vehicle. With HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, it can record video at dark and bright locations, without underexposing or overexposing the image. A gyro sensor will automatically detect when there is an event and separate a portion of memory within the 8GB SD card for viewing. Additional safety and warning features will detect and alert you of a possible forward collision or as lane departure begins to occur.
- CMOS Image Sensor: The Kenwood DRV-410 dashboard camera utilizes a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor.
- Wide-Angle Lens: The dashboard camera features a wide-angle lens with a 117° (horizontal) x 63° (vertical) viewing angle.
- 1.5" LCD Screen: The DRV-410 dashboard cam is equipped with a 1.5" full-color TFT LCD screen with 110,000 pixels.
HDR Technology: Thanks to HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, the Kenwood DRV-410 can record video at dark and bright locations, without underexposing or overexposing the image.
Video & Photo Recording: The Kenwood DRV-410 dash board camera records high-resolution smooth videos, while keeping the file size small with H.264 technology. You can select between three video resolution modes - 3M (2304x1296), FHD (1920x1080), or HD (1280x720). Video recording is done at 27 fps (frames per second) to create a natural and progressively smooth video. You can also capture a still-image photo during Continuous recording mode. Still images are captured in JPEG with a maximum of 2304 x 1296. Video & photo files are recorded onto a microSD/SDHC memory card. See chart below for Recording Times -
|Recording Size||Card Size|
|Video||2304 x 1296||50 minutes||100 minutes||210 minutes|
|1920 x 1080||70 minutes||140 minutes||280 minutes|
|1280 x 720||100 minutes||200 minutes||400 minutes|
|Photo||2304 x 1296||100 files||200 files||400 files|
microSD Card Slot: The Kenwood DRV-410 is fitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD or microSDHC memory card (up to 32GB; Class 6-10). Video will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC memory card. See chart below for Number of Recording Files -
|Recording Mode||Card Size|
|Event||5 files||10 files||20 files|
|Manual||10 files||20 files||40 files|
|Parking||20 files||40 files||80 files|
Motion & Collision Detection: With latest motion & collision detection technology and its own internal battery, DRV-410 automatically activates and records video when motion is detected near the front of your vehicle or a sudden impact is detected to your vehicle.
Recording Modes: The DRV-410 offers four recording modes - Continuous, Manual, Event, & Parking.
- Continuous: Turning on the power of the dashboard camera starts continuous recording. In continuous recording mode, files are deleted in order from the oldest to record when there is no recording area remaining. Video clip length can be set to 1, 2, or 3 minutes.
- Manual: Pressing the "Record" button the dashboard camera during continuous recording starts Manual recording. The recording will start 10 seconds before the "Record" button was pressed. You can record up to one minute in Manual record mode. If the recording time exceeds one minute, the file is split to continue recording.
- Event: The detection of a sudden collision, unexpected collision, or other event during continuous recording starts Event recording. The recording time of event recording is the 10 seconds before collision detection is activated. Up to one minute files are recorded during Event recording mode. If the recording time exceeds one minute, the file is split to continue recording.
- Parking: Turning off the accessory power (ACC) turns off the power of the dashboard cam and switches to Parking recording mode to perform vehicle collision monitoring. If the vehicle is subjected to a collision, the power of the device turns on and Parking recording starts. When Parking recording ends, vehicle collision monitoring resumes. Parking recording starts a few seconds after the vehicle is subjected to a collision and then records for 10, 20, or 30 seconds.
Built-in GPS: The DRV-410's built-in, highly sensitive GPS receiver automatically records driving information in the video such as speed, altitude, longitude, latitude & heading. Display your location on Google Maps with a link to the web when you play the video on the "Kenwood Drive Reviewer" Windows PC application.
Kenwood Drive Reviewer: Kenwood Drive Reviewer is a Windows PC application for displaying video recorded with the device. The application can be downloaded from the KENWOOD website onto your Windows compatible computer or laptop (not compatible with Mac). Compatible Windows Operating System include 10 (not Windows 10 Mobile), 8.1, or 7 (SP1). Not compatible with Windows XP, Vista, or RT. You will need to remove the microSD/SDHC memory card from the dashboard camera and insert it into a USB card reader (sold separately) that is plugged into your compatible Windows PC. System Requirements for Kenwood Drive Reviewer -
|Operating System|| Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit)
|Screen Resolution||1280x800 or higher|
|CPU||Core i3 2 GHz or faster|
|Memory||2 GB or higher|
|HDD||500 MB or more of free space|
.NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5 must be installed (.NET Framework is already installed with the standard installation of Windows 7/8/10)/
Note: When you use the Windows 7, you cannot use the following functions - Frame-by-frame reverse playback of the video that is recorded over 3M (2304x1296) and playback speed change (1/2 speed, 2 speed, 4 speed, 8 speed playback).
Driver Assistance: The Kenwood DRV-410 dashboard cam provides audible warnings to prevent a forward collision, lane departure, and departure delay, in order to keep you safe on the road.
- Forward Collision: Detects the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front and notifies with a warning sound to prevent a collision with the vehicle in front if a safe distance is not maintained. This operates at 19 mph and faster.
- Lane Departure: Detects the lane your vehicle is driving in and notifies with a warning sound when your vehicle is departing from the current lane. This operates at 37 mph and faster.
- Departure Delay: When your vehicle is stopped behind the vehicle in front and then the vehicle in front begins moving, an audible warning notifies if your vehicle is late to begin moving. A warning sound is also output when, for example, your vehicle moves backward.
Playback: You can play back recorded video and photo files on the dashboard camera's 1.5" LCD screen.
Built-in Mic for Audio Recording: The DRV-410 dashboard cam is equipped with a built-in microphone for recording audio inside the vehicle. Audio is recorded in Linear PCM. The microphone can be turned on or off.Security Indicator: During Parking mode, the DRV-410 dashboard camera's security indicator will have a deterrent effect against car theft or vandalism.
Mounting Options: The DRV-410 can be mounted to your windshield using the supplied self-adhesive mounting bracket. Mounting the DRV-410 dashboard camera to the center of the windshield behind the rear-view mirror will facilitate optimal video recording. The bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the camera once its mounted.
Note: Once the DRV-410 is mounted and installed, set the mounting height of the camera from the road surface and adjust the horizon and bonnet front edge position settings to match the vehicle before using the camera for the first time. This is all done through the camera's menu system, using its LCD screen and push-buttons.
Power Requirements: The Kenwood DRV-410 dashboard camera can be powered via your vehicle's 12-volt or cigarette lighter power port, using the included 12-volt/cigarette lighter adapter. You can also hardwire the camera to your vehicle's 12-volt constant, switched accessory and ground using the included wiring harness.
4 questions already asked