About the Kenwood DRV-A301W
Kenwood knows that a dash cam isn't much good if it only provides grainy video. With 2-megapixel Full HD recording capability and HDR for a clear image night or day, their DRV-A301W dash cam doesn't disappoint. It loop-records the road ahead and, with a wireless connection to your smartphone via Wi-Fi, accessing and sharing your video files is a snap. The camera also comes with a 16MB microSD card for storage, along with adhesive- and suction backed mounts with quick-release functionality. Kenwood also gives you a vehicle charger for power.
G-sensor and GPS
Kenwood's built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood's Wireless App Link downloaded to your phone.
This fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. However, using Kenwood's optional hardwire solution (not included), this camera will wake up when your vehicle is parked (and its built-in motion sensor is triggered) to record what's in front of it — a great theft deterrent.
- Full HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder
- 2.7" LCD display
- also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood's Wireless App Link
- records video files up to 1920 x 1080p
- built-in GPS
- built-in G-sensor
- 2 megapixel recording
- parking mode recording with CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (not included)
- built-in capacitor saves video files when power is interrupted
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRV-A301W
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DRV-A301W
Full High Definition Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A301W dash camera can capture clear videos and photos while you drive and while you are stopped. It utilizes a 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor with 2.13 million pixels for recording Full HD (1920x1080) video and features a F1.8 lens with a 136-degree field of view (FOV). You'll get clear video even while driving
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Kenwood DRV-A301W features HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology that easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image.
Recording Modes: The DRV-A301W offers four recording modes - Continuous (Auto), Event (G-Sensor), Parked, and Photo.
- Continuous (Auto): The DRV-A301W automatically begins recording when powered on, seamlessly capturing video clip files in a continuous loop on a microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- Event (G-Sensor): If the built-in G-sensor of the DRV-A301W detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that video file is locked and stored in an "Event" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Parking Mode: When the vehicle is parked and turned off, parking mode becomes active. If the vehicle is subject to a collision or other physical impact, the camera powers on and automatically records 30 seconds of video Parking Mode Recording requires the Kenwood's CA-DR1030 power cable (sold separately).
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A301W dash camera is able to record video and capture still images, as well as record audio.
- Videos: The dashboard camera records 1080p HD video at 30fps (frames per second) in MP4 (H.264) format. The 30fps frame rate was specifically chosen to accurately capture LED traffic lights, which often operate at 60Hz- especially helpful in the case of a traffic signal related video. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes.
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the DRV-A301W has the capability to capture JPEG still images (1920x1080) so that in the event of an accident, the driver can detach the camera and take detailed photos from outside the vehicle.
- Audio: The Kenwood DRV-A301W is equipped with an integrated microphone for recording audio (2ch PCM ) inside the car and built-in speaker for playback of recorded audio. It also features an 3.5mm AV output for display audio/video on an external AV system.
microSD Card Slot: The Kenwood DRV-A301W is outfitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card (up to 256GB; Class 10 or higher). Video and photos will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. The storage on the microSD memory card will be split into four areas according to the type of recording - Continuous, Event, Parked , and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card is included.
Built-in GPS: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the DRV-A301W can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
2" LCD with Push Button Control: The Kenwood DRV-A301W dash camera features a 2.7" LCD screen for live video playback and playback of your recorded video and photos. Push-button controls operate Power, Menu, and Record functions.
Kenwood Dash Cam Manager App: The DRV-A301W dashboard camera supports the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0.2+) over a wireless Bluetooth connection. With the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager app, you can easily manage the DRV-A301W dash cam's menu settings and recorded videos from your compatible smartphone via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
- Review & Playback: You'll be able to review the video on your smartphone device with routing on Google Maps and driving information such as speed, G-sensor and trip distance.
- Edit & Share: You'll also be able to edit your recorded videos copied onto your smartphone and share to social media apps.
- Settings & Firmware: In addition, you can adjust the dash cam's menu setting and update the firmware from your smartphone.
Kenwood Video Player Software: The Kenwood Video Player is a computer software application that lets you display video recorded with the DRV-A301W onto your Windows PC or Mac computer. It allows you to review and edit the DRV-A301W's recorded videos with your computer. Simply insert the camera's microSD card into your Windows PC or Mac computer. You computer will need to meet the following system requirements -
- Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. *Service Pack 1, Microsoft Visual C++, and Direct X XAudio2 must be installed on a Windows 7 PC.
- Mac OS: Apple Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later:
Mounting Options: The DRV-A301W offers two mounting options to secure the dash camera to your windshield. It comes with a self-adhesive mount and a suction cup mount. Mounting the dashboard camera to the center of the windshield behind the rear-view mirror will facilitate optimal video recording. The bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the camera once its mounted. Both, the self-adhesive and suction cup mount, attach to the DRV-A301 camera magnetically. This allows you to quickly place and remove the dash cam from your vehicle.
Note: Do not install this product in your vehicle if its location or use would obstruct the driver's clear view of the road or the operation of any vehicle airbag. It is also the driver's responsibility to know and comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the driving location, including, for example, passenger privacy rights, and not to use the device in any location where its installation or use is prohibited.
12V/24V Compatible with Super Capacitor: The Kenwood DRV-A301W dashboard camera works with both 12V and 24V applications. If power is lost, a built-in super capacitor prevents the recorded video file from being corrupted, as it provides enough power to allow the video file to close properly.