About the Kenwood DRV-A700WDP
Kenwood's low-profile two-camera system
Kenwood's low-profile two-camera system
Kenwood's DRV-A700WDP dual camera system prioritizes image quality without drawing focus inside your vehicle. With Wide Quad HD recording capability and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for a clear image night or day, you can record a detailed view of the road ahead and behind. And while Kenwood's low-profile dash cam doesn't include a monitor, built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly connect your smartphone to the system for video playback and even online sharing. The camera also comes with a 16GB microSD card for storage, along with adhesive- and suction-backed mounts with quick-release functionality. Kenwood also gives you a vehicle charger for power.
This system's second Quad HD camera you can use to record the interior of your vehicle or serve as a rear-view cam. Check out your dash cam and rear-view cam views on your smartphone, using Kenwood's Wireless App Link.
G-sensor and GPS
Kenwood's built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood's Wireless App Link.
This fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. However, using Kenwood's optional hardwire solution (not included), this camera will wake up when your parked vehicle is disturbed (and its built-in motion sensor is triggered) to record what's in front of it — a great theft deterrent.
- Wide Quad HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder and Quad HD rear-view camera
- includes 26-foot power and video for rear-view cam
- also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood's Wireless App Link
- dash cam records video files up to 2560 x 1440p
- dual cam mode: 1920 x 1080 max resolution
- built-in GPS
- built-in G-sensor
- parking mode recording with CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (not included)
- built-in capacitor saves video files when power is interrupted
- accepts micro SD cards up to 256GB
- recording resolution: Wide Quad HD (front camera); Full HD (rear-view); Wide Quad HD (both cameras active)
- front cam: 3-9/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 1-9/16"D
- rear cam: 2-1/2"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRV-A700WDP
What's in the box:
- Kenwood DRV-A700W:
- Dashboard camera (pre-installed 16GB microSD card)
- Polarized filter (pre-installed)
- Self-adhesive mount (pre-installed)
- +12V USB power adapter (attached 10' miniUSB cable on one end and 40" power/ground wires on other end)
- Three 7" fuse-tap wires (2A fuses installed)
- Ferrite core
- 4' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- 4 Self-adhesive clips
- 2 Self-adhesive pads
- Quick Start Guide
- Precautions For Use
- Warranty Card
- Kenwood KCA-R100:
- Rearview camera w/ integrated mounting bracket (attached 3' cable)
- 26' Extension cable
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
Kenwood DRV-A700WDP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DRV-A700WDP
Front & Rear View Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A700WDP includes two interior cameras - one to record in front of your vehicle and one to record behind your vehicle, all at the same time. When in Dual Camera Recording Mode, both cameras maximum recording resolution is 2.0 Megapixel (Full HD). The rear camera must be turned off to enable 3.7 Megapixel recording from the front camera only.
- Dash Cam: The dash cam captures clear videos and photos while you drive and while you are stopped. It utilizes a 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor with 3.7 million pixels for recording up to 2560 x 1440 Quad HD video and features a F1.6 lens with a 154-degree field of view (FOV). Its manual adjustable lens enables viewing position change by up to -90 to +40 degrees.
- Rear Cam: The rear camera provides a clear, wide-angle video image thanks to its 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor and F2.0 lens with a 161-degree field of view (FOV).
Note: The DRV-A700WDP does not offer a built-in monitor for live video playback of the dash camera or rear camera. Recorded video playback will be done through the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager App (for Apple iOS and Android OS) or the Kenwood Video Player Software (for Windows or Mac).
HDR & WDR Technology: The Kenwood DRV-A700WDP utilizes HDR (High Dynamic Range) and WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology that easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image.
Polarized Filter: The dash camera's pre-installed polarized filter reduces windscreen glare and reflection. The filter has a rotating bezel, so that you can setup the reflection free lens exactly how you need to in your vehicle. The polarized filter can be removed.
Built-in GPS: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the DRV-A700WDP can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
3 Video Recording Modes: The DRV-A700WDP offers 3 types of video recording modes - Manual, G-Sensor, and Parked.
- Manual: Press the "Record" button and the unit will continuously record video in 1, 3, or 5 minute clips onto the inserted microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- G-Sensor: If the built-in G-sensor of the DRV-A700WDP detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that recorded video file is locked and stored in the "Protected" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Parked: When the vehicle is parked and turned off, parking mode becomes active once the unit does not detect any vibration for more than 5 minutes. If the vehicle is then subject to a collision or other physical impact, the camera powers on and automatically records 30 seconds of video.
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A700WDP is able to record video and capture still images.
- Videos: The DRV-A700WDP records 2560 x 1440 Quad HD @ 30fps (Front Mode Only) or 1920 x 1080 Full HD @ 30fps (Front & Rear Dual Mode) in H.264/MOV. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes.
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the dash cam has the capability to capture 2560 x 1440 JPEG still images so that in the event of an accident, you can take photographs from inside the vehicle.
microSD Card Slot: The dashboard camera is outfitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card (8GB-256GB; Class 10 or higher). Video, audio, and photos will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card in exFAT/FAT32. The storage on the microSD memory card will be split into three areas according to the type of recording - Protected, Video, and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card is included.
|microSD Card Size||Recording Time|
Note: The unit will automatically delete the oldest non-protected files to create space for new videos and photos.
Kenwood Dash Cam Manager App: The DRV-A700WDP supports the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0.2+) over a wireless 2.4GHz WiFi connection (802.11n/WPA2). With the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager app, you can easily manage the DRV-A700WDP's menu settings and recorded videos from your compatible smartphone via a wireless WiFi connection.
- Review & Playback: You'll be able to review the video on your smartphone device with routing on Google Maps and driving information such as speed, G-sensor and trip distance. *The Kenwood Dash Cam Manager app does not support a live video feed.
- Copy, Edit & Share: You'll also be able to copy videos onto your smartphone for editing and sharing to social media apps.
- Settings & Firmware: In addition, you can adjust the dash cam's menu setting and update the firmware from your smartphone.
Note: The DRV-A700WDP is not equipped with a built-in monitor or video output for video display or playback. Recorded video playback will be done through the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager App (for Apple iOS and Android OS) or the Kenwood Video Player Software (for Windows or Mac).
Kenwood Video Player Software: The Kenwood Video Player is a computer software application that lets you display video recorded with the DRV-A700WDP onto your Windows PC or Mac computer. It allows you to review and edit the DRV-A700WDP's recorded videos with your computer. Simply plug the dash cam into your computer using the included miniUSB-to-USB cable for display ("Read-Only") purposes. If you want to copy, delete, or edit files on your computer then remove the microSD card from the dashboard camera and use an external card-reader to connect to your computer. Your computer will need to meet the following system requirements -
- Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. *Service Pack 1, Microsoft Visual C++, and Direct X XAudio2 must be installed on a Windows 7 PC.
- Mac OS: Apple Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
Note: The Kenwood Video Player software does not support live video feed playback; only previously recorded video will be played back.
Mounting Options: The dash cam mounts in the front of your vehicle to the inside of the front windshield, while the rear camera mounts in the rear of the vehicle to the inside of the rear windshield.
- Dash Cam: Using the included self-adhesive mount, install the dashboard camera to the center of the windshield behind the rear-view mirror; this will facilitate optimal video recording. The bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the camera once its mounted. The adhesive mount attaches to the camera magnetically, allowing you to quickly place and remove the dash cam from your vehicle.
- Rear Cam: The rear camera features an integrated, adhesive mounting bracket that mounts to the inside of your back windshield. The mounting bracket enables you to adjust the viewing angle and position of the rear camera by up to 180-degrees. The rear dash cam includes a 26’ cable that connects to the front dash cam, allowing it to be installed in the rear of your vehicle. *The rear camera installs inside the vehicle; it does not install outside of the vehicle.
Note: Do not install this product in your vehicle if its location or use would obstruct the driver's clear view of the road or the operation of any vehicle airbag. It is also the driver's responsibility to know and comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the driving location, including, for example, passenger privacy rights, and not to use the device in any location where its installation or use is prohibited.
Power Requirements: The dash camera is powered by the battery of your vehicle using the included hardwire kit. The rear camera comes with a 26' cable that plugs into the dash cam for power. Once the DRV-A700WDP is connected to power, the cameras will automatically turn on and off when your vehicle is started and turned off. If power is lost, a built-in Super Capacitor prevents a recorded video file from being corrupted, as it provides enough power to allow the video file to close properly. The DRV-A700WDP supports 12V and 24V application.
- The miniUSB connector of the hardwire kit plugs into the miniUSB jack of dash cam.
- The power wire (red) will connect to your fuse box using one of three included fuse taps (rated at 2A).
- The ground wire (black) should be connected to bare metal of the vehicle.
Note: The DRV-A700WDP and included hardwire kit imposes a constant load on your vehicle's battery while your vehicle's engine is off. Make sure to drive your vehicle regularly (every two days) to keep the battery charged. If you do not drive your vehicle for more than two days, you should turn off the dash cam system to prevent your battery from draining.
Dimensions: See below for the dash cam and rear cam measurements.
- Dash Cam: 2.4375" (w) x 1.5625" (h) x 3.625" (d)
- Rear Cam: 2.5" (w) x 1.5625" (h) x 3.0" (d)
5 questions already asked