About the Kenwood KTC-HR100TR
Kenwood's KTC-HR100TR HD Radio tuner takes you into the world of HD Radio, bringing you FM stations with CD-quality sound and AM stations that sound as good as today's analog FM stations.
The KTC-HR100TR's digital processing eliminates the popping, hissing, and interference that plague analog radio signals. Plus, you'll see song title and artist details, along with other text information, on your stereo's display. You'll still receive current analog radio signals, but, once you tune to an HD Radio station, the tuner switches automatically to the digital signal for dramatically improved reception.
Multicasting, a highly-anticipated HD Radio feature, allows a broadcaster to create up to three separate channels on the same frequency, each with unique content. The KTC-HR100TR lets you access those multiple channels, as they become available, so you can enjoy a wider selection of entertainment and information.
A single cable connects the KTC-HR100TR to your compatible Kenwood stereo compatible stereos will have the KTC-HR100TR listed as an accessory. A handy pass-through connection allows you to retain the use of a Kenwood CD changer or satellite radio in your system.
Note: HD Radio broadcasts are not available in all areas, but more radio stations are upgrading to this format every day.
- HD Radio tuner
- connects to most 2003-up SIRIUS-ready Kenwood stereos
- receives multicasting content (where available)
- single-cable connection
- song title/artist info and other text content appears on stereo's display
- pass-through connection for other Kenwood equipment
- stereo RCA outputs
- HD Radio technology improves sound quality and minimizes interference
- dimensions: 7-9/16"W x 1-3/16"H x 6"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTC-HR100TR
What's in the box:
- HD Radio Tuner
- 16' Connection cable (has a 13-pin male connector on each end)
- 20' Antenna extension cable (has a male Motorola connector on one end and a female Motorola connector on the other end)
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- 4 M4 x 8mm machine screws (each screw has 1 flat washer and 1 lock washer)
- 2 Self-adhesive Velcro strips
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
Kenwood KTC-HR100TR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KTC-HR100TR
HD Radio: HD Radio is digital FM and AM broadcasting, allowing you to enjoy your same favorite FM and AM stations with digital sound quality. The FM stations have CD-quality sound and AM stations sound as good as today's analog FM stations. In some cases, when reception is good, you can listen to programs in stereo with the digital AM broadcast.
Tomorrow Radio Project: The Tomorrow Radio Project, initiated in 2003 by National Public Radio (NPR), developed the ability to use HD Radio technology to divide an analog signal into two or more digital sub-channels, thus enabling stations to broadcast multiple programs on one signal. NPR is offering five programmed music formats to multicasting stations. The HR100TR tuner is capable of receiving the NPR Multicast from participating stations. When available, the tuner can receive up to 8 digital sub-channels.
Head Unit Compatibility: The KTC-HR100TR tuner can be controlled by most 2003 and up SIRIUS-ready or HD Ready Kenwood receivers. When controlled by a 3D MASK receiver, the KTC-HR100TR replaces the unit's internal FM/AM tuner, simplifying source selection. The KTC-HR100TR is both digital and analog, so a single tuner can receive all FM and AM stations. When controlled by a compatible receiver without 3D MASK, you must manually select the HD tuner as a separate source.
|Compatible Kenwood Receivers|
Receive Mode: You can choose one of the following receive modes:
- Auto: analog broadcasts and digital broadcasts are switched automatically. When both are being transmitted, the digital broadcast will have priority.
- Digital: receives digital broadcasts only
- Analog: receives analog broadcasts only
Tuning Mode: The KTC-HR100TR tuner has the following three tuning modes: Auto seek, Preset station seek, and Manual.
Preset Memory: You can store 18 FM and 6 AM stations in the receiver's preset memory.
Auto Memory Entry: This feature selects stations with the strongest signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency.
Information Display: When listening to HD Radio, you can cycle through the following information on the receiver's display: station name, song title/artist name/album name/genre, and frequency.
CD Changer Pass-Through: The HD Radio tuner uses the CD changer input on the Kenwood head unit. If you also want to use a CD changer, there is a CD changer pass-through connection on the HD Radio tuner, so they can be daisy chained together. If you wish to use 2 CD changers, you can connect them together using the KCA-S220A 2-changer switch before connecting them to the input on the HD Radio tuner.
Compatibility Note: The CD changer pass-through connection is compatible with Kenwood CD changers equipped with an O-N switch, plus 2003 changer models (e.g. KDC-C719, KDC-C669) and newer changer models that do not have an O-N switch but use the N protocol. In addition, the pass-through connection is compatible with Kenwood Music Keg units loaded with Music Manager version 10.1, or higher. CD changers that do not use the N protocol and do not have an O-N switch will not work when connected to the pass-through connection. If you have a Music Keg without Music Manager version 10.1, or higher, you may upgrade your unit with a free firmware download available through Kenwood's website. If you want to connect this tuner and a Kenwood CD changer that does not use the N protocol and does not have an O-N switch to a compatible head unit, the KCA-S220A (item 113KCAS220) 2-changer switch must be used. The CA-C1AUX auxiliary input adaptor is not compatible with the changer pass-through port.
Front Panel of Tuner:
- To Head Unit: 13-pin jack that connects to compatible Kenwood head unit using the supplied connection cable
- Audio Out: left and right RCA audio connectors
- To Controller: 8-pin jack for use with optional controller unit
- Antenna: Motorola jack
Back Panel of Tuner:
- To Slave Unit: 13-pin jack that connects to an optional Kenwood changer
Analog FM Tuner Section:
- Usable Sensitivity (S/N = 30 dB): 9.3 dBf
- Quieting Sensitivity (S/N = 50 dB): 15.2 dBf
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 30 Hz - 15 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono): 70 dB
- Selectivity (+/-400 kHz): > 80 dB
- Stereo Separation (1 kHz): 40 dB
Digital FM Tuner Section:
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 20 Hz - 18 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Stereo): 70 dB
Analog AM Tuner Section:
- Usable Sensitivity (S/N = 20 dB): 28 dBµ
Digital AM Tuner Section:
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 40 Hz - 15 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Stereo): 70 dB
The Kenwood KTC-HR100TR replaces these items