About the Kenwood KAC-7202
Build your car audio system on a firm foundation of power Kenwood power! Kenwood amplifiers are famous for their rugged, no-nonsense reliability and superior sound quality. Efficient MOSFET power supplies, beefy internal components, and an internal cooling fan ensure that you'll get an abundant supply of clean, crisp sound at a great dollar-to-watt value.
With the KAC-7202 2-channel amplifier, you'll have plenty of power (150 watts RMS x 2 channels) for driving a couple of subs or your component speakers. Tweak the variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200Hz) until your system sounds just right. The selectable bass boost circuit (0-18 dB at 40 Hz) will add some extra thump into your lows.
Speaker-level inputs are included, so you can hook the amp up to a factory stereo. You can daisy-chain additional amps to the KAC-7202 using the set of preamp outputs.
- two-channel car amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (230 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4 ohm stable in bridged mode)
- high-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) filters variable from 50 to 200 Hz
- selectable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- cooling fan
- MOSFET power supply
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 15"W x 2-7/16"H x 11-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAC-7202
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier with 40-amp blade fuse inserted into the chassis
- Allen wrench
- Speaker level input harness
- Rubber terminal cover
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Note about rear side cover
Kenwood KAC-7202 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KAC-7202
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||460 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||230 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||460 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50kHz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Line Level Inputs: The RCA type line-level inputs have a gain (Input Sensitivity) control. The Input Sensitivity control will accept an input signal of 200mV to 5.0 Volts.
Speaker Level Input: The KAC-7202 comes with a speaker level input harness. Once you splice the speaker wires from the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The maximum power output from the source receiver can be no more than 40 watts.
Line Level Output: The amplifier has a line level output for feeding a second amplifier. The output is the same signal fed to the input.
Crossovers: The KAC-7202 has built-in high pass and low pass crossovers. The high pass crossover's slope is 12 dB/octave and is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz. The low pass crossover's slope is 24 dB/octave and is also continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.
Bass Boost: The bass boost is adjustable from 0-18dB at 40Hz.
Fan: There is a fan on top of the amp to help dissipate heat and ensure cool, reliable operation.
Stereo/Mono Operation: If the KAC-7202 is to be bridged, the operation mode switch on the top of the amp is set to mono. When switched to Mono, the signal from the left channel input only is used.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- Speaker output contacts ground
- Speaker wire short-circuits
- Unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- Internal temperature is too high
- Loss of ground of head unit or amp
Front of the Amplifier
- Fuse: 40 amp
- Power: Screw terminal (0.55" wide)
- Ground: Screw terminal (0.55" wide)
- Remote turn-on: Screw terminal (0.33" wide)
- Speaker outputs: Screw terminals (0.33" wide)
- GND: Phillips-head screw for RCA signal ground
- Speaker-level input: Multi-pin input for use with included speaker level input harness
- Line in: One pair RCA inputs
- Line out: One pair RCA outputs
Top of the Amplifier
- Crossover: High Pass/Low Pass/Off
- Operation Mode: Stereo/Mono
- Bass Boost Level: 0-18 dB
- High Pass Frequency: 50-200 Hz
- Low Pass Frequency: 50-200 Hz
- Input Sensitivity: 200 mV-5 V
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing & measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range (for full range amplifiers) of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis.
Power: Using the CEA-2006 guidelines listed above, the power output of the KAC-7202 is 150 watts RMS x 2 channels.
Kenwood also lists the following specifications:
- Power output at 2 ohms: 230 watts x 2 (1 kHz, 0.8% THD)
- Power output at 4 ohms, bridged: 460 watts x 1 (1 kHz, 0.8% THD)
- Input impedance: 10k ohms
- Operating voltage: 14.4 V (11-16V allowable)
- Current consumption: 40A
The Kenwood KAC-7202 replaces these items