About the Kenwood KAC-9104D
Kenwood made their reputation building car amplifiers that offer no-nonsense reliability and superior sound quality. The compact KAC-9104D mono amplifier features a rugged cast-aluminum chassis 30% smaller than its predecessor, yet it'll still punch out up to 900 watts RMS to your subwoofers without straining your car's electrical system.
A built-in low-pass filter adjusts amplifier output so you'll get the best sound possible from your subwoofer/box combo, while the subsonic filter eliminates inaudible, ultra-low bass that can detract from your sub's performance. You can dial in up to 18 dB of bass boost if you want to fatten up the sound.
The front-mounted controls allow you to tweak the sound easily, and convenient front-side connections make setup a snap. Signal sensing turn-on and speaker-level inputs allow these amps to hook up to factory radios that don't have preamp level outputs.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (900 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable (output regulated to 900 watts)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz )
- subsonic filter (15/25 Hz, 18 dB/octave )
- Class D design
- speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAC-9104D
What's in the box:
- Mono-channel amplifier with two 30A fuses inserted in chassis
- 8" Speaker-level input harness
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm diameter x 16mm)
- Rubber terminal cover
- Allen wrench
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
Kenwood KAC-9104D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KAC-9104D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
500 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||1800 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||900 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||5-200Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||NA|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The KAC-9104's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
1-Ohm Stable: The amp is capable of withstanding a low impedance of 1 ohms. This gives you more flexibility in connecting multiple speakers. For example, you can connect two 2-ohm speakers in parallel, or four 4-ohm speakers in parallel. When a 1-ohm load is connected to the amplifier, the power output is 900 watts or greater.
Speaker Level Input: The KAC-9104 comes with a two channel speaker level input harness. Once you splice the speaker wires from the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The maximum power output from the source receiver can be no more than 40 watts.
Signal-sensing Turn-On Circuitry: When the speaker-level input is used, it is not necessary to connect the power control wire (turn-on lead). The amplifier senses the signal from the speaker-level input and turns the amplifier power on automatically. Shortly after no signal is detected, the amplifier will automatically shut itself off.
Low Pass Filter: The amplifier has a low pass filter, continuously variable from 50 Hz to 200 Hz, with a slope of 24db per octave. The filter is always on--there is no switch to turn the LPF off.
Bass Boost: You can apply a bass boost of up to +18dB at 40Hz. The rotary control is located on the front of the amplifier.
Infrasonic Filter: You can apply an infrasonic filter (also called a subsonic filter) to eliminate very low frequencies that are difficult to reproduce, rob amplifier power, increase distortion, and can damage speakers. The 3-way switch allows you to choose a cutoff frequency 15 Hz, 25 Hz, or Off (no filtering). The infrasonic filter has a slope of 18dB per octave.
Phase Switch: This amplifier is equipped with a 2-way phase switch. You can choose 0° (normal phase) or 180° (reverse phase), whichever position results in stronger performance for the subwoofer.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- Speaker output contacts ground
- Speaker wire short-circuits
- Unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- Internal temperature is too high
- Loss of ground of head unit or amp
Fan Cooled: The KAC-9104 is equipped with two, rear panel-mounted cooling fans. One fan acts as an intake while the other serves as an exhaust to create a current of cooling air flowing through the inside of the amplifier.
- Bass Boost Rotary Control: 0-18dB
- LPF Frequency Rotary Control: 50-200 Hz
- Input Sensitivity Rotary Control: 200 mV-5V
- 3-Way Infrasonic Filter Switch: Off-15Hz-25Hz
- Phase Switch: 0° or 180°
- Fuse: 2 x 30 amps
- Battery: Screw terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- Ground: Screw terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- Power Control (Remote Turn-on): Screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- Speaker Outputs: Screw terminals (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- Line In: 1 pair RCA inputs
- Line Out: 1 pair RCA outputs
- Speaker-level input: Multi-pin input for use with included speaker level input harness