About the Kenwood Excelon KAC-X811D
High power or exacting control? Don't be forced to settle when it comes to your mobile audio gear, Kenwood's Excelon amplifier line has you covered with impressive power ratings, hands-on controls, and advanced digital features that redefine what amp power can do for your music.
Take your bass to new levels with the KAC-X811D, a hard-charging mono monster capable of flooding your subwoofer system with up to 919 watts of RMS power (at 2 ohms). And, like every Excelon amp, you get unprecedented control over every aspect of your sound from the bass/treble balance to the bass frequency factor all of which can be monitored from the amp's top-mounted LED display.
Plus, if you have a 2004 Excelon receiver in your car, the built-in Amplifier Management System (A.M.S.) brings these advanced controls right up to the driver's seat, allowing you to make adjustments from the receiver's display! Fast-switching MOSFET power supplies and an onboard cooling fan mean plenty of cool, efficient power to drive your sub, while the variable filter lets you contour the sound to your liking.
- 533 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms CEA-2006 compliant
- 919 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- AMS Amplifier Management System (-15 to 15 dB bass level control, Q factor control, bass/treble frequency control)
- variable 50-200 Hz low-pass filter at 24 dB per octave
- switchable subsonic filter (0/15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- LED status display (AMS settings, voltage, current, temperature, fan speed, and protection status)
- cooling fan
- 15-3/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 10-7/16"D (11-1/8"D with RCA cables connected)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAC-X811D
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with three 25-amp fuses inserted into the chassis
- 1 Metal cover
- 1 Allen wrench
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 1 Rubber terminal cover
- Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty Card
- "Register Online" card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon KAC-X811D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
533 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||919 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||5-200 Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||74 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years*|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years*|
LED Status Display: The top-mounted LED display can be adjusted to show any of the following information:
- Voltage: indicates the source voltage
- Current: indicates the current consumption
- Temperature: indicates the internal temperature
- Fan: indicates the rotation speed of the cooling fan in 3 steps: Fast, Slow, or Off
Amplifier Management System (A.M.S.): A.M.S. is an extremely sophisticated system that provides extensive control over an amplifier's bass EQ, bass extension and volume offset. It also allows you to monitor key amp performance criteria (source voltage, current consumption, internal temperature, fan speed, protection status). In addition to being able to change EQ settings and monitor amp performance at the amp itself, connect one of these amps to a compatible Kenwood Excelon in-dash receiver, and the advanced 2-way communication system lets you adjust the amplifier EQ and monitor amp performance of up to 8 amps right from the in-dash receiver. The receiver's display shows all of the EQ settings and performance criteria. A 13-pin DIN cable (sold separately) is required to connect the amplifier to a Kenwood head unit equipped with A.M.S. controls; item 113E304138 or item 469KNWDIN can be used to make the connection between the amplifier and an A.M.S. compatible headunit. The Amplifier Management System lets you adjust the following settings:
- Bass Center Frequency: allows you to choose 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz, or 200 Hz
- Bass Level: can be adjusted from -15 to +15 dB
- Bass Q Factor: allows you to choose Q1.00, Q1.25, Q1.50, or Q2.00
- Bass Extend: can be turned On or Off. When turned On, the low frequency response is extended by 20%.
- Volume Offset: can be adjusted from -20 to 0 dB
- Temperature: allows you to choose Fahrenheit or Centigrade
- Amp: displays the amp's ID number that you have selected by using the ID Number switch
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter can be adjusted from 50 to 200 Hz, and has a slope of 24 dB per octave.
Infrasonic Filter: The infrasonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter can be set to 15 Hz or 25 Hz, and has a slope of 24 dB per octave.
Band Reject Filter: This filter rejects and eliminates a selected band of frequencies, allowing you to reduce resonance inside the vehicle compartment and standing waves. Using the B.R.F. Frequency control, the band reject filter center frequency can be adjusted from 40 to 200 Hz. Once the center frequency is chosen, you can select the range of affected frequencies by choosing -6 dB (wider band) or -12 dB (more narrow band), using the B.R.F. Switch.
Preamp Outputs: The preamp output jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. These outputs provide a full-range signal.
Quiet Turn-on: This feature allows the amplifier to power up over a period of several milliseconds instead of instantaneously, protecting your speakers from thumps and other sounds that could be damaging.
Protection Circuitry: To keep the amplifier safely operating, the protection circuitry is triggered in the following situations:
- When a speaker wire may be shorted
- When a speaker output contacts ground
- When the unit malfunctions and a DC signal is sent to the speaker output
- When the internal temperature is too high for the unit to operate
- When the voltage is outside of the operating range
Front Panel of Amplifier:
- BATT. (power): 0.561" screw terminal
- GND (ground): 0.561" screw terminal
- P.CON (remote turn-on): 0.349" screw terminal
- Speakers: 0.349" screw terminals
- To H/U: round 13-pin jack that lets you connect a Kenwood Excelon in-dash receiver that is compatible with the Amplifier Management System - A 13-pin DIN cable (sold separately) is required to connect the amplifier to a Kenwood head unit equipped with A.M.S. controls; item 113E304138 or item 469KNWDIN can be used to make the connection between the amplifier and an A.M.S. compatible headunit.
- Remote: 2 S-video jacks that allow you to daisy-chain additional Kenwood Excelon amplifiers that are compatible with the Amplifier Management System
Wiring Kit Information: This amplifier uses three 25-amp fuses, so its total fuse rating is 75 amps. The Streetwires 4-gauge amp wiring kits include an 80-amp fuse, which will accommodate the amp's fuse rating. Other 4-gauge amp wiring kits carried by Crutchfield include a 60-amp fuse. If you are using a 4-gauge amp wiring kit with a fuse rated for less than 75 amps, the fuse should be replaced with an 80-amp AGU fuse (please see accessory list).
Warranty Note: This amplifier comes with a 1 year warranty card, but the actual warranty is 2 years.
The Kenwood Excelon KAC-X811D replaces these items