About the Kenwood KCA-HX7C
Get your motor runnin' with this Bluetooth camera combo
Get your motor runnin' with this Bluetooth camera combo
Looking for a way to record your motorcycle adventures and stay in touch with your pack? Kenwood's KCA-HX7C camera and communication system features a built-in 4K video camera and a Bluetooth Intercom system that lets up to four riders talk wirelessly. This handy headset kit works with nearly any helmet and comes with a couple of different mics to suit your riding environment. Go hands-free with your friends while riding and give easy-to-hear directions for setting up sweet shots or warnings for potential hazards up ahead.
Built-in Bluetooth HD camera
The KCA-HX7Cs built-in 4K camera captures all the pulse-quickening action of your rides, right from the headset. The lens features a 125° field of view and an f/2.4 aperture, plus 30 degrees of rotation. You have several resolution settings to choose from, and it can even record in time-lapse and loop modes. The camera takes 12-megapixel photos (8.3-megapixel in video mode) and offers both single-shot and burst modes. Use the free Intercom Camera for Kenwood app on your smartphone to easily manage settings, including live previews. The headset's microSD card slot can handle cards up to 128GB.
Built-in wireless LAN
The headset also offers internet network access through its built-in wireless LAN feature, so you can edit and share photos and videos through your Wi-Fi enabled phone, tablet, or laptop. It operates on either 2.4 or the default 5 GHz band, with a range of about 50 feet. When you're paired with the Intercom Camera for Kenwood app on your phone, the camera automatically syncs date and time info to your video.
Advanced Bluetooth Intercom
The KCA-HX7C's built-in Bluetooth 4.1 technology allows you to communicate with up to three other riders at the same time via paired phones at a distance of up to 1 mile. You'll also have multiple intercom options to get your friends involved with the conversations. And you can pair the headset with your Bluetooth enabled GPS navigator or music player so you can hear directions and tunes through the headset's speakers. Use the free Intercom Utility for Kenwood app on your smartphone to easily manage settings, including those for music.
Tunes for the road
Not only does the KCA-HX7C pair with additional phones or MP3 players so you can stream audio as you ride, this headset features FM reception, so you can check out local stations as you ride. You can even save up to ten station presets. Advanced Noise Control noise cancellation ensures your music and conversations will sound solid, no matter how loud your chopper gets.
Kenwood built this system for the long haul. It's water-resistant, so safe to use in stormy weather or if you're expecting a splash-filled ride. It offers up to 20 hours of talk time, so you're set for long days out cruising. And you can recharge the headset's battery in under 3 hours, in case you need to hit the road again in a jiffy.
- motorcycle camera and Bluetooth communication system
- headset, universal helmet clamp, microphones, and accessories
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 20 hours of life in talk mode
- selectable resolutions: 2160p/30fps, 1440p/30fps, 1080p/60fps, 1080p/30fps
- 125° field of view
- f/2.4 aperture
- 30-degree rotation
- 12-megapixel camera (8.3MP in video mode)
- time-lapse and loop video modes; single-shot and burst photo modes
- communication between up to 4 riders with 2-way, 3-way, and multi-way conference calls
- coverage: up to 1 mile in open terrain
- edit, share, and upload videos and photos when connected to your Wi-Fi enabled device
- default 5GHz operation (switchable to 2.4GHz)
- range: up to 50 ft.
- Bluetooth music sharing
- FM radio reception with 10 station presets
- Advanced Noise Control noise cancellation
- Audio Multitasking layers different audio sources
- GPS navigation prompts
- built-in microSD card slot (compatible up to 128GB)
- water-resistant construction
- main module dimensions: 3-3/4"W x 3-1/4"H x 2-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KCA-HX7C
What's in the box:
- Headset main unit
- Gear-clamp helmet mount
- 7" Wired boom-mic w/attached 4" cord terminated in a 2-pin connector
- 2 Helmet speakers w/attached 8" cord on one / 20" cord on other & 9" mic cord (2-pin connector)
- Wired mic w/attached 8.5" cable terminated in a 2-pin connector
- 4' USB Cable (type-A on one end / right-angle micro-B on other end)
- Surface-mounting adapter (attached 3M adhesive)
- 2 Foam speaker covers
- 2 Foam windscreens
- 2 Large speaker pads
- 2 Small speaker pads
- 4 Hook-and-loop fastener patches for speakers
- Boom mic holder
- Hook-and-loop fastener patch for boom mic holder
- 2 Hook-and-loop fastener patches for speaker pads
- 2.5mm Allen key
- 5 Quickstart guides (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Certification & Safety Approvals
- Safey Precautions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KCA-HX7C
Overview: The Kenwood KCA-HX7C motorcycle headset kit is designed to provide clear, hands-free, helmet-to-helmet communication with other riders, along with 4K movie recording. Key features include: Bluetooth Intercom, that lets up to 4 riders communicate with up to 1 mile of range (line-of-sight); Built-in wireless LAN for transferring photos & videos, Advanced Noise Control, and Audio Multitasking. The motorcycle headset kit can be mounted to most motorcycle helmets and includes 2 types of microphones and a set of helmet-installed speakers. The KCA-HX7C is water-resistant for use in all weather conditions.
Camera: The KCA-HX7C includes a built-in 4K camera for recording video or pictures of the road ahead. The camera features an f/2.4 aperture with a wide 125˚ field of view. The lens can be rotated up to 30˚, using a small lever on the front of the camera, letting you quickly get a level field of view once the camera has been secured to your helmet. Video is recorded in MP4 (H.264) format with a selectable resolution that includes - 2160p/30fps (default), 1440p/30fps, 1080p/60fps, and 1080p/30fps. Single photos are at 8.3/12MP with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Both can be easily be activated while riding, a 1 second press of the Camera button will start video recording and a single tap of the Camera button will take a snapshot. Other picture features include:
- Burst Shot: Takes 8 pictures per second.
- Time-Lapse: Takes a single shot every 1, 2, 5, or 10 seconds.
- Loop Recording Mode: Continuously records video in 3 minute increments. If the memory reaches maximum capacity, newer footage will overwrite the oldest footage.
Memory: All photos and videos are recorded to a micro-SD card (not included). Micro-SD cards from 16GB up to 128GB can be used. A card slot on the bottom of the headset is provided, along with a rubberized cover.
|2160p/30fps||33 mins||1 hr / 7 mins||2 hrs / 15 mins||4 hrs / 30mins|
|1440p/30fps||1 hr / 5 mins||2 hrs/ 11 mins||4 hrs / 25 mins||8 hrs / 52 mins|
|1080p/60fps||1 hr / 24 mins||2 hrs / 51 mins||5 hrs / 44 mins||11 hrs / 31 mins|
|1080p/30fps||1 hr / 52 mins||3 hrs / 47 mins||7 hrs / 38 mins||15 hrs / 20 mins|
Note: A micro-SD memory card is not included and must be purchased separately.
Wireless LAN: The KCA-HX7C features a built-in wireless LAN, letting you transfer and edit pictures and video footage to your Wi-Fi connected smartphone using the Intercom Camera for Kenwood app, available at the Google Play and Apple App stores. Both 5GHz (default) and 2.4GHz bands are available. The headset uses IEEE Standard 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Bluetooth Intercom: The Bluetooth Intercom feature lets you communicate with up to 3 other KCA-HX7C headset users (4 total) by simply pairing the headsets together. Bluetooth Intercom features an operating range of up to 1 mile in open terrain.
- Two-Way Intercom: Once all the headsets are paired, you can start and end a conversation with another individual by tapping the Jog Dial the same number of times that headset was assigned in the Pairing process.
- Multi-Way Intercom: Enables conference-call type conversations with up to 3 other Bluetooth Intercom Friends at the same time.
- Universal Intercom: The KCA-HX7C lets you have Two-Way Intercom or Multi-Way Intercom with up to 3 friends using non-Kenwood/Sena headsets.
- VOX Intercom: Lets you initiate an intercom conversation with the last connected intercom friend by voice-activation.
- VOX Phone: Lets you answer an incoming call by saying "hello" or blowing air into the microphone.
- HD Intercom: Enhances 2-way intercom audio from normal quality to
HD quality. If an HD Intercom conversation is switched to a Multi-Way
conversation, the audio quality will change to normal.
- Note: The communication range for HD Intercom is shorter than with normal intercom communication.
- Advanced Noise Control: When enabled, this feature reduces background noise during intercom conversations.
Phone & Music: The KCA-HX7C can be paired to a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player, letting you make and receive hands-free phone calls. Phone numbers can be stored as Speed Dial Presets, for quick retrieval using the Jog Dial control. The system also supports both A2DP and AVRCP for stereo audio playback with control of the playback device. Music Sharing allows you to share your Bluetooth music with one other intercom user during a 2-way intercom conversation.
GPS Pairing: A portable GPS (sold separately) can be paired to the headset, letting navigation voice-prompts come through the speakers. GPS instructions will be heard in the background during intercom conversations and during phone calls. The level of both audio sources can be adjusted using the controls on the headset.
- Intercom Utility for Kenwood: The Intercom Utility for Kenwood app, available from the Google Play and Apple App stores, makes configuring the KCA-HX7C easier and quicker, using your Bluetooth connected smartphone. App configuration features include: Bluetooth Intercom, Music, FM Radio, Device Settings, as well as the Quickstart Guide and User Guide.
- Intercom Camera for Kenwood: This app, available from the Google Play and Apple App stores, lets you see a live preview from the camera, manage recorded videos, as well as configure the video settings using the built-in wireless LAN feature. When the camera and the app are connected, the camera will synchronize with the smartphone's date and time.
Intercom Device Manager: The Intercom Device Manager, available here for PC and Mac computers, lets you configure the KCA-HX7C and update the firmware from your USB-connected computer.
Audio Multitasking: Audio Multitasking lets you have an intercom conversation while simultaneously listening to music, FM radio, or GPS instructions. The overlaid audio will play in the background with reduced volume during the conversation and will return to normal volume once the conversation is finished. Bluetooth Intercom Audio Multitasking will need to be activated in the setup menu. HD Intercom will become temporarily disabled when Audio Multitasking is enabled. The intercom sensitivity to activate the background audio mode can be adjusted between 1 (lowest sensitivity) up to 5 (highest sensitivity).
FM Radio: The Kenwood KCA-HX7C includes a built-in FM tuner. A scan feature automatically searches for radio stations starting with the current station's frequency. Each station that's found will play for 8 seconds, letting you save it, if desired, by tapping the Phone button. FM Sharing lets you and one other person listen to the same FM frequency during an intercom conversation.
- Temporary Station Preset: This feature will search and save the nearest 10 radio stations without changing your existing presets. Tapping the Phone button lets you navigate through saved presets.
- Region Selection: Lets you select the proper FM frequency range for your location. Available regions include: North America, South America, Australia, Asia, Europe, Japan, and a Worldwide setting (76.0 - 108.0MHz).
- RDS AF: The Radio Data System (RDS) Alternative Frequency (AF) setting, when enabled, lets the radio receiver automatically tune to a different station if the current one becomes too weak.
- FM Station Guide: When enabled, this feature will voice prompts to announce FM preset stations as they are selected.
Power: The Kenwood KCA-HX7C features a built-in Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery, offering up to 20 hrs. of Bluetooth Intercom use. A micro-B USB port on the headset lets you charge the internal battery using the included type-A to micro-B USB cable. The internal battery can be fully charged in approximately 2.5 hrs. When the headset is first powered on, the red LED on it will flash rapidly indicating the batter level.
- 4 Flashes: High, 70-100%
- 3 Flashes: Medium, 30-70%
- 2 Flashes: Low, 0-30%
Hardware: The KCA-HX7C consists of two main parts - the Universal Helmet Clamp, which includes the microphone and helmet speakers; and the Main Unit, which includes the Jog Dial, along with the Phone, and Camera buttons. A boom-type microphone and a wired mic are included, letting you select the right one for your helmet type/style. Two wired speakers are included for mounting inside a helmet, along with two sizes of spacer pads for ensuring a proper fit. Each speaker is 1.58" in diameter and 0.28" thick.