About the Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod® cable
Kenwood's KCA-iP202 USB Direct Connection Cable connects your compatible iPod or iPhone® to select 2011-up Kenwood multimedia receivers with a front-panel USB port and front-panel 3.5mm audio/video input, so you can enjoy listening to your music when you're on the road, and viewing video content when parked. You'll control and charge your device while it's connected, too.
This cable currently works with Kenwood's DNX5180, DNX6180, DNX6980, DNX7180, KIV-701, and KIV-BT901 receivers. Warranty: 1 year.
Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this cable.
What's in the box:
- USB/iPod interface cable (with a iPod dock connector on one end and a USB type-A connector/3.5mm AV connector on other end)
- Installation Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa/Ger/Dut/Ita)
Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod® cable reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod® cable
Overview: The Kenwood KCA-iP202 USB Direct Connection Cable for iPod allows you to connect your compatible iPod or iPhone to a 2011-up Kenwood multimedia head unit which features a front-panel USB port and rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video input. This cable enables the Kenwood head unit to control and charge the iPod/iPhone while connected. You will be able to listen and view your iPod/iPhone's music and video files with your compatible Kenwood multimedia head unit.
Kenwood head unit Compatibility: The Kenwood KCA-iP202 USB Direct Cable for iPod is compatible with 2011 and later Kenwood Multimedia head units equipped with a front-panel USB port and a rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video terminal. Current compatible Kenwood head units include (as of January 2011).
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod/iPhone adapter cable is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Kenwood multimedia head unit (as of 9/26/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Connections: The Kenwood KCA-iP202 cable has an iPod dock connector on one end, and a USB (type-A) connector and a right-angle 3.5mm AV connector on the other end.
- iPod Dock Connector: The cable's iPod dock connector plugs into your compatible iPod or iPhone.
- USB Connector: The cable's USB (type-A) connector plugs into your compatible Kenwood multimedia head unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port. The USB (type-A) connector handles the control and charging of your iPod or iPhone, so you can navigate through your music and video files using your Kenwood head unit's controls and view song and movie information on its display monitor. The controls of your Kenwood head unit will be seamless when used with the optional KCA-iP202 cable and include metadata browsing as well as the ability to choose any iPod playback mode to suit your listening application.
- 3.5mm AV Connector: The cable's right-angle 3.5mm AV connector plugs into your compatible Kenwood head unit's rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video input. The 3.5mm audio/video terminal transfers the music and video from your iPod/iPhone to your Kenwood multimedia head unit. By using the 3.5mm AV input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files on your iPod/iPhone.
Note: The KCA-iP202 is a total of 6' long, from the iPod connector to the A/V minijack. The length of the cable from the iPod connector to the end of the USB connector is 3".
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
16 questions already asked