About the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695
Bluetooth for hands-free calling
If you're looking for a car stereo with Bluetooth® functionality and awesome iPod® controls, the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 CD receiver fits the bill. Plus, this receiver's protected by the Excelon 2-year warranty.
Bluetooth for hands-free calling
Driving can be dangerous when your attention is distracted from the road. Built-in Bluetooth helps — when you answer a call, it's just like talking to someone who's sitting next to you. You can keep your hands on the wheel and leave your phone in your pocket. A dedicated "phone" button on the receiver's face makes it easy to connect when a call comes in.
Ready to roll with your iPod®
Connect your player to the receiver's front-panel USB input, and you're ready to access your playlists, just like that. Kenwood makes it so easy to navigate your tracks and playlists, as dedicated "Search" and "Return" keys cut down on the need to work through menus when you're looking for a specific song. "Passenger Mode" lets you control your iPod or iPhone® from the device itself, a useful feature if you're listening to streaming content like Internet radio stations over your iPhone.
And more entertainment options
The front-panel auxiliary input offers an instant connection for a portable satellite radio or another sound source. You can play all kinds of CDs, even discs that you've loaded with MP3 and WMA files. For the best in radio, add a Kenwood HD Radio tuner or satellite radio.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwoodstereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility with this receiver may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA and AAC files
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- detachable face with 13-character fluorescent display
- wireless remote control
- System Q sound control (3-band parametric equalizer and 8 preset EQ curves)
- high-pass filters (speaker and preamp outputs), low-pass filter and subwoofer level control (sub preamp output)
- speaker settings that let you tailor the sound to the size and location of speakers in your car
- Supreme Setting improves the sound of low-bitrate music files
- 24-bit DAC
- built in iPod control no adapter necessary, but adding Kenwood's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- compatible with optional satellite radio and HD Radio tuners
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KDC-X695
What's in the box:
- AM/FM CD receiver (with 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Wiring harness
- RC-405 Wireless remote control (with CR2025 3V lithium-battery installed)
- Microphone with integrated bracket (and attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Face pouch
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 Panhead ISO-mount screws
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty Card
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Display Color||Bluish white|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||11.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Detachable Face: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. The head unit includes a cloth pouch for storing the face-plate when detached. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Note: An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Fluorescent Display: The Kenwood head unit features a 14-segement, 13-character bluish white backlit fluorescent display with blue button illumination.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the unit is in Standby mode, the face/button illumination is "keyed." In addition, while the unit is in Standby mode, you can turn the clock display on or off. When the Clock Display is turned on and the unit is in Standby mode, the Clock Display is also "keyed." Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Display Dimmer: The display has two brightness settings to adjust the brightness of the display according to the surrounding illumination. You can change this setting within the menu from On or Off.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned "on" or "off" within the menu.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KDC-X695 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
Rotary Volume Control: The CD receiver uses a 3-way rotary volume control that increases and decreases the volume of the stereo from 0 to 35. The rotary knob also controls other audio settings such as Balance, Fader, Bass, Mid, Treble and preset EQ settings. In addition, the rotary knob allows you to scroll through and select your music tracks when the Music Search function is activated.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Supreme Setting: When MP3, WMA, and AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the System Q Sound Control settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of "SP Off" (flat), "SP OEM" (for OEM factory speaker systems), "SP 6x9/6" (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or "SP 5/4" (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
System Q Sound Control: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (12.5kHz). You can choose from the following preset EQ curves - Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Game, and User.
Detail Audio Control: The Excelon KDC-X695 features independent Bass, Treble and Midrange control when the System Q Sound Control is in User mode. The Detail Audio Control allows you to adjust the following settings for the Bass, Treble and Mid frequency levels.
|3-Band EQ||Detailed Audio Settings|
|Center Frequency||Q-Factor||Bass Extension||Level|
|Bass||40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, or 150 Hz||1.00, 1.25, 1.50, or 2.00||On/Off||-8 to +8|
|Midrange||0.5k, 1.0k, 1.5k, or 2.0k Hz||1.00 or 2.00||N/A|
|Treble||10.0k, 12.5k, 15.0k, or17.5k Hz||N/A||N/A|
Bass Boost: The Kenwood CD receiver also features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels - LV1, LV2 or Off.
Source Tone Memory: This feature allows you to store System Q bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, Tuner, Aux, and USB).
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The KDC-X695 features front, rear and subwoofer 4-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The KDC-X695 features an independent High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from "Through", 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, or 180, 220Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting. This feature is very helpful when you have smaller-type speakers in the front and larger-type speakers installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 provides the following subwoofer preamp output controls.
- Low-Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the unit's subwoofer preamp output. You can select from 50, 60, 80, 100, 120Hz, or "Through". The "Through" setting allows your external amplifier's crossover network to do all the filtering for your subwoofer.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: You can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level from the CD receiver. You select levels between -15 to +15.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 features a built-in AM/FM tuner. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Tuner Presets: The Excelon KDC-X695's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. The Kenwood KDC-X695 offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of of 6 stations can be assigned to a total of 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band and connected Satellite Radio tuner. You can recall a preset station without switching between bands.
Auto Memory Tuning: Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Direct Access Tuning: You can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the include wireless remote control.
Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SIRIUS Universal Vehicle Tuner and the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio Interface (package # 700SIRKENW, sold separately); or you can connect the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio Interface and the SiriusConnect vehicle docking kit (package # 700SIRPKEN, sold separately), along with your compatible SIRIUS Dock & Play receiver.
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio
connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the CNP-KEN1 Kenwood adapter
cable (package item number
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready (with iTunes Tagging): With an optional Kenwood HD Radio tuner (113HR300, sold separately), you will be able to receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. This new technology will significantly improve audio quality and reception, as well as include information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. The Kenwood KTC-HR300 HD Radio tuner(113HR300) is also capable of iTunes tagging. iTunes tagging gives you the ability to tag a song (up to 50) and stores it to a connected iPod. The next time your iPod is connected to iTunes, the tagged songs are displayed with the option to purchase them from the iTunes Store.
Note: You cannot connect both a Satellite Radio Interface and HD Radio tuner to the head unit.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Excelon KDC-X695 can play MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) audio files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, and Long file name formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 50 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 512 files and folders. During MP3/WMA/AAC playback, the unit displays recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) information. The head unit will display up to 60 characters.
Text Scroll: The Excelon KDC-X695 will display CD text or Audio file text. You can set the text scrolling feature to two different modes (Auto or Manual) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Music Search: The Kenwood AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your MP3/WMA/AAC music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the head unit's rotary knob.
Direct Music Search: The supplied IR wireless remote control (RC-405) allows you to search for music directly by entering the track number.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 features the following Repeat, Random, and Scan playback modes.
- Repeat Play: Track, File, or Folder
- Random Play: Disc or Folder
- Scan Play: Track or File (plays the first 10-seconds of each music track on a disc or music file in a folder)
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Read: This function sets the method for reading a CD disc. You can choose between two modes.
- CD1: Automatically distinguishes between audio file disc and music CD when playing a CD, CD-R/RW disc.
- CD2: When unable to play a special formatted CD, set this function to CD2 to force playing. Some music CD discs may be unplayable even when set to this mode.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Insert: The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Changer Controls: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 offers connection and control of Kenwood's 10-disc CD-changer (113KDCC719, sold separately).
USB Port: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 features a front-panel USB (1.1/2.0) type-A port that is hidden behind a sliding cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class device with MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) music files. The USB port is compatible with all USB mass storage class devices that support the FAT16 or FAT32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 255 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 65,025 files and folders. During MP3/WMA/AAC playback, the unit displays recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) information. The head unit will display up to 60 characters. The KDC-X695 will also charge your connected USB device's battery, when the head unit is powered up.
Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Excelon KDC-X695's front-panel USB port also acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the optional Kenwood USB Direct Connection Cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the USB/iPod cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the KDC-X695.
iPod/iPhone Audio Playback: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 110dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of music files and podcasts stored on your iPod or iPhone.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Music Browsing: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%).
- Playlists: You can create your own custom iPod/iPhone playlist (up to 10 songs) from the head unit.
- Repeat & Random: The head unit supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Excelon KDC-X695 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood head unit. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone via its clickwheel or touchscreen controls, the KDC-X695 will not display your iPod/iPhone's music information (the head unit will instead display iPod MODE).
iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone.
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of November 2011):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||head unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Excelon KDC-X695 allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The unit has 3 auxiliary input modes.
- On1: Outputs the sound of the external unit connected to the Aux terminal when switched to the Aux source.
- On2: Activates the attenuator function when turning on the power with the auxiliary source selected. This prevents the noise when no external unit is connected to the Aux terminal. Turn off the attenuator function when listening to output from an external unit.
- Off: Disables the selection of the Aux source.
Rear Auxiliary Input "Ready": The unit already features a front panel auxiliary input, but if you need a second auxiliary input, one can be added to the rear of the unit. When used with an optional adapter, this unit can accept a rear input from an auxiliary source. When the CA-C1AUX adapter (113CAC1AX, sold separately) is used, you cannot connect an optional HD/Satellite Radio tuner to the head unit because the adapter plugs into the DIN changer control connection on the head unit.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive cell phone calls wirelessly from your mobile phone, using the Kenwood in-dash CD receiver. Bluetooth wireless technology operates on a 2.4GHZ frequency band within a range of approximately 10 meters (about 33 feet).
Bluetooth Profiles: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 CD-Receiver features built-in 2.4GHz Bluetooth technology (version 2.0) powered by Parrot. The KDC-X695 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication. The KDC-X695 supports the following Bluetooth profiles:
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile): Hands-free communication with your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone in the vehicle (incoming/outgoing calls supported).
- HSP (Headset Profile): Provides support for Bluetooth headsets to be used with mobile phones.
- OPP (Object Push Profile): Phonebook transfer from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to the head unit.
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile): Phonebook access from your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone to the head unit.
- SPP (Serial Port Profile): SPP defines how to set up virtual serial ports and connect two Bluetooth enabled devices.
- SYNC (Synchronization Profile): The SYNC profile enables synchronization of data information between Bluetooth enabled devices.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth audio music streaming.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KDC-X695 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (with mounting bracket) featuring adjustable gain, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers.
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone must be paired with the KDC-X695 before hands-free operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled cell-phones with the Kenwood Excelon head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Note: Not all Bluetooth mobile phones will be compatible. See the Kenwood Bluetooth Compatibility List for a complete latest compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Auto Answer: The KDC-X695 can be setup to automatically answer an incoming call. You can have the head unit automatically answer a call immediately or after 1-99 seconds.
Dialing: Using the KDC-X695, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 25 digits from the head unit's control knob or remote control.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. These can be accessed from the head unit's preset buttons (1-6).
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KDC-X695. Up to 1000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 25 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. Stored phone numbers can be categorized by General, Home, Office, Mobile, or Other. You can search each category of the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone. You can register up to 35 voice tags.
Call Waiting: The KDC-X695 supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
SMS: You can wirelessly download the short message (SMS) arrived at your cell-phone so that is can be read on the Bluetooth connected Kenwood head unit. Your cell-phone must support SMS for this feature to function. The SMS downloaded to this unit is cleared when this unit is turned off.
Note: You cannot send text messages using this unit (read only).
Private/Hands-Free Mode: During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
External Microphone: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.515" (diameter) x 1.485" (depth).
Note: This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
Bluetooth Detailed Settings: The KDC-X695 offers the following Bluetooth Detailed Settings, so you can configure the unit to suit your needs.
- Call Beep: You can choose to output a beep from your vehicle's speaker's when a call comes in, or you can turn this function off.
- Speaker Output: You can select whether the call beep and caller's voice is heard through only the front speakers or all speakers.
- Mic Gain: Adjusts the volume of the external microphone from -3 to +3.
- NR Level: Reduces the noises generated by the surrounding environment without changing the mic volume. The NR Level can be set to -2 or +2.
- EC Level: Adjusts the level of echo cancellation from -2 to +2.
Wireless Remote Control: The Excelon KDC-X695 comes with an IR remote control (RC-405) for wireless operation of the head unit. The remote will control Audio, CD, USB, Tuner, and Bluetooth functions. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
- Numeric Keypad: The wireless remote control features a numeric keypad (0-9) which allows direct track access of your music tracks & files (from CD or USB), as well as AM/FM presets. The numeric keypad also lets you manually enter a phone number.
- Attenuator: The CD receiver features an Attenuator button on the supplied remote control that turns the volume down very quickly with one touch of the button.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (541SWIRC, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695 supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite (ver.1.1). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3 and WMA music files to your USB devices from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB device using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function.
System Requirements: The Kenwood Music Editor Light (ver.1.1) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood.com to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)