About the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794
5-line display and click-wheel control
5-line display and click-wheel control
The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 CD receiver makes it easy to find the songs you want to hear with its click wheel-style interface and 5-line LCD display. And it'll be a joy to listen to them, thanks to a suite of sophisticated sound-shaping tools.
Command and control
Connect your iPod®, plug in a thumb drive, or slide in a CD loaded with music files — whatever you do, Kenwood makes it easy to find what you want to hear. Grab the prominent control dial and skip through your files in 10% jumps, or search alphabetically — the choice is yours. The multi-line display shows off your artist and song info in clear detail. You can control your playlists and albums with the receiver's direct iPod controls, or your passengers can use the iPod's controls to switch songs if you want to concentrate on the drive.
Plus, you'll enjoy superior sound quality when you listen to your iPod. When it's connected to the USB input, you'll bypass the iPod's digital-to-analog converter, allowing Kenwood's superior 24-bit DAC to make your files sound their best.
Digital enhancements for beautiful sound
Kenwood's Sound Excellence feature offers audio enhancements that'll tailor the receiver's sound output to your vehicle, with settings for cabin size, speaker size, plus digital time alignment tools that sharpen your stereo sweet spot. Highway Sound optimizes your music so it can be better heard over the road noise, while the Supreme+ feature improves sound quality by enhancing the frequencies in your digital files that get lost during compression.
The Digital E's crossover feature allows you to trim some of the lows out of your front and rear speakers, and adjust the low frequencies going to a sub, so your equipment plays more efficiently. If you're building a full system, the three sets of preamp outputs send a strong 4-volt signal to your amps for superior sound quality and lower noise levels.
Add even more options
Connect a satellite radio tuner to the KDC-X794, and enjoy the mix of news, sports, entertainment, and commercial-free music. Kenwood's HD Radio™ tuner lets you access the superior fidelity and extra programming offered by participating stations in your area. An optional Bluetooth® adapter brings the convenience of hands-free calling to your drive time. You'll also find a rear auxiliary input for MP3 players and other audio sources.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- fold-down, detachable face with 5-line LCD display
- remote control
- Sound Excellence DSP (5-band equalizer, iPod EQ, Highway Sound, time alignment, Digital E's crossover)
- high-pass filters (speaker and preamp outputs), low-pass filter (sub preamp output)
- speaker settings that let you tailor the sound to the size and location of speakers in your car
- iPod direct control via USB input no adapter necessary, but adding Kenwood's optional connection cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- compatible with Kenwood's Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, CD changer, and HD Radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver (with 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Wiring harness
- RC-405 Wireless remote (with installed CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery)
- Soft fabric face case
- USB connector bracket
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 Panhead ISO-mount screws
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Mounting screws
- Machine screw
- 2 Wire-ties
- Instruction Manual CD-ROM (ver.1.0)
- Quick Start Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty Card (US/Canada)
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Rear and Optional Rear|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Overview: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 AM/FM CD receiver features a detachable fold-down face, rear-panel auxiliary and USB input, three pairs of 4.0-volt preamp outputs, built-in iPod operation, Satellite and HD Radio controls (with optional tuner), CD-changer controls (with optional CD-changer), as well as AAC/MP3/WMA playback. The unit also supports Bluetooth communication for hands-free operation of your mobile cell-phone (via optional Bluetooth module). In addition, the CD player comes with an IR wireless remote control. The unit's amplifier is rated at 22 watts x 4 channel RMS and 50 watts x 4 channel peak.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The unit features a fold-down, detachable face to deter theft. There is a red indicator light that will flash on the unit after the face has been removed to warn potential thieves. You can turn this flashing LED on or off. The CD player comes supplied with a soft black fabric, draw string face case to protect the detachable face when you have it off the chassis. You must manually fold the face down before inserting or ejecting a disc.
Note: A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
LCD Display: The eXcelon KDC-X794 features a full-dot, multi-line LCD display with spectrum analyzer and adjustable contrast (0-12). The KDC-X794 offers the following display modes.
- 5-Line: Display 4 to 5 lines of text.
- 3-Line: Displays 2 to 3 lines of text.
- iPod-Like: Displays iPod source information only.
- Spectrum Analyzer: Display a line of text and the spectrum analyzer.
- Clock Display: Displays only the 12-hour clock.
Illumination Effect: This function sets whether the headunit's key illumination color is changed in conjunction with key-button operation.
Multi-Language Support: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 offers English, French, and Spanish menu text.
Text/Title Scroll: The eXcelon KDC-X794 will display CD text, Audio file text and Satellite and HD radio text. You can turn the scrolling feature on to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Favorite Memory Control: The headunit's Favorite Control feature allows you to save six Favorites for easy access. You can select a Favorite playlist from your connected iPod, your favorite radio station from the unit's built-in AM/FM tuner or connected Satellite Radio or HD tuner (both sold separately), a favorite telephone number from your mobile-phone using the optional Bluetooth hands-free kit (sold separately), or an audio setting. This allows you to have instant access of your favorite Radio station, telephone number, iPod playlist, or audio setting from one list on the headunit's display.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the unit is in Standby mode, the face/button illumination is keyed. In addition, while the unit is in Standby mode, you can turn the clock display on or off. When the Clock Display is turned on and the unit is in Standby mode, the Clock Display is also keyed. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Display Off: This function turns off the display when have not performed an operation for 5 seconds. This is effective for when you are driving at night.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned on or off.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KDC-X794 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
3-Sets of 4.0V Preamp Outputs: The KDC-X794 features front, rear, and subwoofer 4.0V preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer preamp output features an independent level control (-15 to +15).
Amp Off: You can turn the KDC-X794's built-in amplifier off to improve the quality of the sound from the headunit's preamp outputs.
Rotary Volume Control: The CD receiver uses a 6-way rotary volume control that increases and decreases the volume of the stereo from 0 to 35. The rotary knob also controls other audio settings such as Bass, Treble and preset EQ settings. In addition, the rotary knob allows you to scroll through and select your music tracks when the Music Search function is activated.
Sound Excellence DSP: In order to optimize the sound quality, you can use the Sound Excellence DSP to set the type of vehicle and speaker sizes, locations, distances and x-over points. The DSP settings include the following:
- Cabin Setting: Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Station Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, Mini Van (Long), or Off
- Speaker Setting: The speaker X'over is
automatically set when the position and size of each speaker
are select from the following items:
- Front: Location (Door, On Dash, or Under Dash); Size: (6-1/2", 6-3/4", 7", 4"x6", 5"x7", 6"x8", 6"x9", 7"x10", OEM, 4", or 5"); Tweeter (None or Use)
- Rear: Location (Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row or 3rd Row; Size (6-1/2", 6-3/4", 7", 4"x6", 5"x7", 6"x8", 6"x9", 7"x10", OEM, 4", or 5")
- Subwoofer: Size(10", 12", 15", None, 6-1/2" or 8")
- Digital Time Alignment (DTA): Choose from 0.00 to 14.44 feet for the Front pair of speakers, Rear pair of speakers, and Subwoofer distances in reference to the distance between your listening positioning and the locations of the particular speakers.
- X'Over: The Kenwood eXcelon headunit
provides independent high-pass crossovers for the unit's
front and rear speaker/preamp outputs, as well as a subwoofer
- Front High Pass Filter: Frequency (30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80,90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250Hz); Slope (-12, -18, or -24 dB per octave); or you can also select full-range
- Rear High Pass Filter: Frequency (30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250Hz); Slope (-12, -18, or -24 dB per octave); you can also select full-range
- Subwoofer Low Pass Filter: Frequency (30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250 Hz); Slope (-12, -18, or -24 dB per octave); Phase (Normal/Reverse); or you can also select full-range
Equalizer Control: Equalizer Control allows you to use one of the System Q presets, or set your own custom settings using the 5-band Equalizer. The EQ adjustments are as follows:
- Preset EQ: You can select from Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Game, iPod (you can select from 22 EQ curve types), or User.
- 5-Band EQ: The User mode allows you to
adjust the following 5-Band EQ (62.5Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz,
- Band Levels: Independent front and rear EQ level of -9dB to +9dB.
- Bass Effect: Enhances the bass response of Band 1 (62.5Hz).
Position Control: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage by selecting the distance for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. You can select between 0.00 to 5.58 feet for the Left Front Speaker, Right Front Speaker, Left Rear Speaker, Right Rear Speaker, Left Subwoofer and/or Right Subwoofer.
Audio Preset: You can register six audio settings into the unit's preset memory to be recalled at any time. The Audio Preset memory can save Car Type Selection, Speaker Setting, Fine Adjustment, X'Over Setting, Equalizer, and/or Listening Position.
Bass Boost: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 features a two level Bass Boost to increase bass levels.
Highway Sound: This features compensates the low volume or bass sound being lost by road noises to make vocals sound clearer. You can set the Highway Sound function to 1, 2, 3, or off.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0.
Source Tone Memory: This feature allows you to store System Q bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, Tuner, Aux, USB, and connected External Device).
Dual Zone: The Dual Zone mode allows you to output the Main source and the Auxiliary input separately for the front and rear channels. You can select whether the auxiliary input will play in the front or the rear.
Tel Mute: The KDC-X794 features a cell-phone mute wire (brown) in its harness that when hooked up to your car's phone system mute wire will automatically mute the receiver's audio signal when a call comes in.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 features a built-in AM/FM tuner. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
Tuner Presets: The eXcelon KDC-X794's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Auto Memory Tuning: Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Direct Access Tuning: You can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the include wireless remote control.
Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
Radio Data System (RDS): The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name. RDS features an emergency transmission function that interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you are not listening to the radio.
Note: If the HD Radio tuner is added to the system, the RDS Traffic Information feature is lost.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SIRIUS Universal Vehicle Tuner and the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio Interface (package item number 700SIRKENW, sold separately); or you can connect the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio Interface and the SiriusConnect vehicle docking kit (package item number 700SIRPKEN, sold separately), along with your compatible SIRIUS Dock & Play receiver.
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the Kenwood CNPKEN1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMKEN2, sold separately).
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready (with iTunes Tagging): With an optional Kenwood HD Radio tuner (113HR300, sold separately), you will be able to receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. This new technology will significantly improve audio quality and reception, as well as include information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. The Kenwood KTC-HR300 HD Radio tuner is also capable of iTunes tagging. iTunes tagging gives you the ability to tag a song (up to 50) and stores it to a connected iPod. The next time your iPod is connected to iTunes, the tagged songs are displayed with the option to purchase them from the iTunes Store.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com). If the HD Radio tuner is added to the system, the RDS Traffic Information feature is lost.
Satellite + HD Radio Note: You will need the Kenwood KCA-S220A Dual-Source Switching Unit (113KCAS220, sold separately) to connect both a Satellite Radio Tuner and HD Radio Tuner to this headunit.
AAC/MP3/WMA Playback: The eXcelon KDC-X794 can play AAC (8-320 kbps), MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (32-192 kbps) files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, and Long file name formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 50 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 512 files and folders. During AAC/MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (Ver.1) information. The headunit will display up to 60 characters.
Supreme+ Setting: When MP3, WMA or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme+ Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme+ Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood eXcelon KDCX-794 features Scan (track/file), Random (folder/disc), and Repeat (track/file/folder) playback modes for your CD and music files.
Music Search: The Kenwood eXcelon AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your AAC/MP3/WMA music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the headunit's rotary knob.
High Speed Search: This function allows you to continuously scroll up or down your track list at high speed.
Direct Music Search: You can search music tracks and files directly by entering the track/file number using the include wireless remote control.
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Force: When there is a problem with playing a CD with a special format, this setting plays the CD by force. Some CDs still may not play in the CD Force mode.
Off Eject: The eXcelon KDC-X794 allows you to eject your disc for 10 minutes after switching off the vehicles engine.
USB Port: The Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 features a rear-panel 2.0 USB type-A port on a 39" pigtail. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class device with AAC (8-320 kbps), MP3 (8-320 kbps), and WMA (32-192 kbps) music files. The USB port is compatible with all USB mass storage class devices that support the FAT16 or FAT32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 255 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 65,025 files and folders. The KDC-X794 provides Scan (file), Random (folder) and Repeat (file/folder) playback modes, as well as Folder, Track, High Speed, and Direct Music (via remote control) search modes. When your USB device is connected to this unit, it can be charged up provided that the KDC-X794 is powered on.
Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
iPod Direct: The KDC-X794's rear-panel USB port also acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the optional Kenwood USB Direct Connection Cable (113iP101, sold separately) or the USB/iPod cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the KDC-X794.
- USB Connection: The USB connection allows your iPod's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the headunit and sound quality to be maximized through the headunit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- Audio Playback: The Kenwood headunit supports audio playback of music files and podcasts stored on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Navigation: When your iPod/iPhone is connected to the KDC-X794, you can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone via the Kenwood headunit's controls or your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. If you select to control your iPod/iPhone from the KDC-X794, the Kenwood headunit will allow you to navigate your iPod/iPhone's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast (your iPod's clickwheel/touchscreen will be locked in this mode). You can search these categories alphabetically or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). You can also browse for music of the same artist or genre as the one being currently played (Related Search). In addition, you can create your own custom iPod playlist (up to 10 songs) from the headunit.
- Information Display: The KDC-X794 will also display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood headunit. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone via its clickwheel or touchscreen controls, the KDC-X794 will not display your iPod's music information (the headunit will instead display iPod MODE).
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the headunit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone.
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KDC-X794 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of Feb. 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Headunit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the headunit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available. Not compatible with iOS 4.0 for iPhone (3G/3GS) or iPod touch (2nd/3rd gen).
AUX Input: The eXcelon KDC-X794 is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input for connecting external portable audio devices such as an MP3 player. The KDC-X794 allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video or TV.
Rear Auxiliary Input Ready: The unit already features a rear panel auxiliary input, but if you need a second auxiliary input, one can be added to the rear of the unit. When used with an optional adapter, this unit can accept a rear input from an auxiliary source. When the CA-C1AUX adapter (113CAC1AX, sold separately) is used, you cannot connect a CD changer to the head unit because the adapter plugs into the DIN changer control connection on the head unit. When the KCA-S220A 2-changer switch (113KCAS220, sold separately) is used, you can connect a CD changer and an auxiliary audio source at the same time. When an auxiliary audio source is connected, you can choose from one of six names for the source: AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video or TV.
Bluetooth Ready: The Kenwood headunit is Bluetooth compatible using the optional Kenwood KCA-BT300 Bluetooth adapter (113BT300, sold separately). Using this adapter you can make and answer phone calls from the Kenwood headunit. You can even download your Phonebook information from your compatible mobile phone into the headunit. The optional KCA-BT300 is also supports Bluetooth audio players that have A2DP or AVRCP profiles. Playback functions include: Play/Pause, Skip Back/Forward, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Stop. You are able to register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices when using the KCA-BT300 adapter (only one can be used at a time).
Note: Not all Bluetooth enabled mobile phones will be compatible with this unit. Please visit Kenwood.com for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Wireless Remote Control: The eXcelon KDC-X794 comes with the RC-405 IR wireless remote control with a full numeric keypad (0-9). The remote will control Audio, CD, Tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and external device functions. The remote control allows direct access of your music tracks and discs loaded in a connected CD-changer (sold separately), as well as direct access to AM/FM radio stations. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIJACK, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KDC-X794 supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite (ver.l.0 or later). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer AAC, MP3, and WMA music files to your USB devices from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB device using Kenwood Music Editor Lite (ver.l.0) through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the headunit's Music Search function.
Note: Kenwood Music Editor software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood.com to your PC. Kenwood Music Editor is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2 or later. Kenwood Music Editor (Ver.1.5.0 and later) are compatible with Windows Vista.
The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 replaces these items
- MP3/WMA/AAC playback, plus built-in iPod control
- compatible with Kenwood's satellite radios, HD Radio tuner, and Bluetooth and iPod adapters
- rear USB and auxiliary inputs