About the Kenwood KGC-9044
Mount this great-looking Kenwood KGC-9044 EQ/crossover in a DIN-sized opening in your dash, and fine-tune your multi-amp system without leaving the driver's seat. Three pairs of preamp outputs (front, rear, and non-fading for your sub amp) give you maximum flexibility in designing your system. These gold-plated preamp output jacks pump out a 4-volt signal, for maximum dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratio, and signal integrity, with minimal distortion.
Selectable high- and low-pass electronic crossovers (each with selectable full-range pass-through) let you send each amp the precise frequencies your speakers require. You get an 11-band equalizer with 12 dB boost or cut on each band, and your choice of 8 high-pass and 3 low-pass settings on the crossovers. Choose from 6 factory-preset EQ curves, or program in 3 EQ settings of your own creation. A multicolor 11-band spectrum analyzer gives a cool visual display of the sonic contours you've selected.
If you're planning on installing the KGC-9044 under your dash, we'll send you a free mounting kit. Just add item #120999000 to your order.
Important Note: This unit has no built-in amplifier must be used in conjunction with one or more external amplifiers.Details:
- detachable face
- 11-band equalizer, 12 dB boost or cut for each band
- 11-band multicolor spectrum analyzer display with white LED backlight
- 3 sets of gold-plated 4 volt preamp outputs: front, rear, and non-fading
- 6 factory-preset EQ curves
- 3 user-programmable EQ curves
- display contrast and dimmer adjustment
- low-pass electronic crossover (50/80/120 Hz)
- high-pass electronic crossover (40/60/80/120/150/180/220 Hz)
- signal-to-noise ratio 88 dB
- THD 0.01%
- 7-3/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 6-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 11-Band in-dash spectrum analyzer with 3-amp blade fuse in chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- 8 ISO screws
- Metal backstrap with screw and washer
- 2 Removal tools
- 2 Face-locking screws
- 2 Self-adhesive foam spacers
- Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty Card
- Correction to manual
- Car audio passport (required to purchase new face)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KGC-9044
Display: This EQ uses a flip down, detachable multi-color display. The display shows an 11-band spectrum analyzer using white, green, and blue colors. Amber indicators show the EQ pattern selected. There are 11 selectable patterns:
- Scan Mode (demo mode cycles between all patterns every five seconds
- Peak Hold
- Side Wave
- EQ Curve
Note: The spectrum analyzer may also be turned off.
EQ Presets: Pressing the EQ button for over one second sets the EQ to flat. Presets are:
- Loud 1
- Loud 2
- Loud 3
Note: You can also enter three of your own settings into memory.
Equalizer Adjustment: The center frequencies are 60Hz, 120Hz, 250Hz, 380Hz, 500Hz, 750Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz and 16kHz. Each of these frequencies can be raised or lowered in 2dB steps by +/-12dB.
Menu Functions: The built in menu system which allows you to set the following:
- Fader: You can fade between the front and rear outputs (the sub out is non-fading),
- High Pass Filter: Independent settings for the Front and/or Rear RCA Outputs. Can be set to Off (pass through); 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz or 220Hz. (the slope is 12dB/Octave).
- Low Pass Filter: For the subwoofer (non-fading) output. Can be set to Off (pass through), 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz (the slope is 12dB/Octave).
- Subwoofer Preout Level: You can adjust the output level of the non-fading preamp outputs between -80 to +10dB.
- Analyzer Level: You can set the relative level of the spectrum analyzer display between 0-10.
- LCD Contrast Level: You can increase or decrease the contrast of the menu display on a scale of 0-10. This does not effect the spectrum analyzer display, it simply adjusts the contrast of the menu portion of the display.
- Rear/Front Output Boost: Changes the preamp output level of the front and rear RCA outputs to High (4V) or Low (1V) in case the amplifiers being used with the unit can not accept a 4V input.
Input Sensitivity Adjustment: You can adjust the input sensitivity of the unit (based on the source unit's output) from 1 to 4 volts using a small screw behind the faceplate.
Size: This is a full DIN-sized component that can either be used in a dash which accommodates an additional full size equalizer or which can be mounted under the dash using an optional underdash mount.
|Euro-DIN (E)||ISO-DIN (I, J)|
Wiring: The harness which comes with this unit has:
- Black wire for ground
- Orange illumination wire (when connected will dim display when the vehicle's lights are turned on).
- Yellow constant power wire
- Blue/white remote turn on wire
- 1 pair RCA preamp inputs
- 1 pair Front RCA preamp outputs
- 1 pair Rear RCA preamp outputs
- 1 pair Non Fading (Subwoofer) RCA preamp outputs