About the Kenwood KOS-L432
You want to upgrade your system, but you've got to keep the factory stereo in the dash. A Kenwood CarPortal controller connects to your factory radio, giving you the audio performance and expansion capabilities of a full-featured Kenwood Excelon receiver. Kenwood designed the KOS-L432 4.3" wide touchscreen monitor to mount on your dash, giving you easy touchscreen control over the CarPortal module you've installed in a hideaway location.
Connect a satellite radio, iPod®, HD Radio tuner, or DVD player, and control them all from this convenient LCD screen. Easy-to-use menus make it a breeze to choose the source you want, and allow you to access every aspect of its operation. You'll also use the touchscreen to control all audio adjustments, including the 3-band parametric equalizer and high- and low-pass filters.
The KOS-L432 monitor works with both of the CarPortal controllers: the KOS-V1000 and KOS-V500. Kenwood includes hardware for mounting this compact screen on your dash or in another convenient location. Warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 4.3" Wide LCD touch-screen monitor
- 21.5' Monitor cable with a proprietary 20-pin connector on each end
- Surface mounting bracket
- Headrest mounting bracket
- "Open Key" insert
- Instruction Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KOS-L432
Overview: The Kenwood KOS-L432 4.3" LCD, 16:9-wide touch-screen monitor is designed for Kenwood factory integration products such as the Kenwood KOS-V500 and Kenwood eXcelon KOS-V1000 Advanced Integration A/V Controllers.
Compatibility: The KOS-L432 is designed to connect to the following Kenwood factory integration components.
Connections: The KOS-L432 touch-screen features a proprietary 20-pin connector and comes supplied with a 21.5' monitor cable that connects to a Kenwood factory integration unit. The monitor will display the KOS-V500 or KOS-V1000's on-screen menu as well as display any video source connected to the factory integration unit.
Note: This monitor does not feature any standard audio or video inputs such as a composite audio/vide inputs and does not feature any type of video output.
Controls: The Kenwood KOS-L432 LCD monitor features a touch-screen panel that is used to control Kenwood's KOS-V500 or KOS-V1000 factory integration devices. The unit also feature hard-key controls along the bottom of the screen. These controls include the following.
- Function: This button switches between control screens from the connected Kenwood factory integrated A/V controller. You can choose the following screen settings - Picture & Easy Control Panel, Source Control Screen or Picture Panel.
- SRC/Off: Turns the units power on or off, as well as changes audio/video sources.
Auto Dimmer Sensor: The 4.3" monitor features an auto dimmer sensor located on the front panel to automatically dim the panel during low-light application.
Mounting: The KOS-L432 comes with the following two mounting brackets.
- Surface Mount Bracket: The surface mount bracket allows you to attach the monitor to a flat, clean surface of your vehicle using four mounting screws (not supplied), an AMPS compatible mount (sold separately) or a T-Bolt compatible mount (sold separately). The mounting bracket features integrated flanges which clip over the monitor to secure it.
- Headrest Mounting Bracket: The headrest mounting bracket allows you to mount the monitor in the headrest of a seat in your vehicle. A cut-out template is supplied to help with cutting out the back of your headrest to accommodate the headrest mounting bracket. The bracket is held in place inside the headrest by four mounting screws (not supplied). The bracket features integrated clips which secure the monitor.