About the Kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ
Big bass, small space
Big bass, small space
When you're looking for powerful bass that fits in a tiny space, Kenwood's KSC-PSW7EQ powered subwoofer is just what the doctor ordered. With an enclosure that's only 11" x 2.75" x 7.875", this little giant is perfect for fitting under a seat or in other spaces most compact subs won't.
Dial in your sound
The KSC-PSW7EQ's 8.25 x 5.5" aluminum subwoofer features a micro-step shape on the long edge of the aluminum diaphragm that minimizes unwanted movement to give you more accurate bass response. The sub is powered by a built-in 80-watt Class D amplifier and is mounted in a rugged plastic enclosure that eliminates rattles and protects it from damage. The system's wired remote allows you to control your gain, low-pass filter, and phase settings, and lets you choose between three preset EQ curves. The package also includes power and speaker wiring harnesses.
- compact powered subwoofer
- plastic enclosure with 8.25" x 5.5" sub
- aluminum diaphragm with urethane surround
- built-in amplifier: 80 watts RMS power (160 watts peak)
- wired remote for control over:
- 3 EQ presets
- volume level
- variable low-pass crossover (50-125 Hz)
- selectable phase control (0°, 180°)
- power/ground and speaker wiring harnesses
- preamp- (RCA) and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response: 40-200 Hz
- dimensions: 11.03"W x 2.75"H x 7.875"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSC-PSW7EQ
What's in the box:
Kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- Wired remote control with attached 16.25' cord (has RJ-45 plug on the end)
- 14' Speaker-level input cable (male stereo RCA jacks on one end and speaker wire with bullet connectors on the other)
- 16' Power/input harness (with in-line fuse holder)
- 10-amp ATM fuse (installed in fuse holder)
- Cable bracket
- Adhesive backed hook and loop fastener (1-1/2" x 3/4")
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Two 5/8" Screws
- Two 1/2" Screws
- Two 3/8" Screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ German/ Spanish/ 8 Other languages)
- Warranty information
Kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ
Features & specs
|Connector Type||RCA, Molex|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8x5.5|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||80 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||160 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Product Overview: The KSC-PSW7EQ amplified subwoofer features a built-in Class-D amplifier (160 watts max) and an oval woofer (8¼" x 5½"), housed in a rugged, compact enclosure.
Active EQ: The built-in equalizer has three presets:
- Heavy: deep, intense
- Flat: natural, smooth
- Tight: rich, clean
Wired Remote Control: The wired remote control provides fingertip control over the sub. You can adjust the volume, crossover point (50-125 Hz), phase (0° or 180°), and set the equalizer (Heavy, Flat, or Tight). The remote control can be mounted using the supplied adhesive hook and loop fastener. The sub can be used without the remote, but the volume, crossover point, phase, and equalizer will all revert to the default values.
Note: There are no controls on the subwoofer.
Mounting Options: The brackets can be mounted to either the sides or the ends of the enclosure. They add approximately 1⅛" to the width or length, and ⅛" to the height.
Signal Input: The female RCA inputs on the included harness can be used with a line level or speaker level signal. A 14' speaker-level input extension cable is also included (male stereo RCA jacks on one end and 22-gauge speaker wire with bullet connectors on the other).
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, a circuit in the amp senses the signal and turns on automatically, so connecting the remote turn-on wire is typically not necessary.
Wiring Harness: The included wiring harness covers power, ground, remote turn-on, and signal input. The wire length varies by function:
- Ground: 58"; 18-gauge
- Signal Input: 26" (terminated with female RCA jacks)
- Power: 16'; 18-gauge
- Remote Turn-on: 16'; 20-gauge
The Kenwood KSC-PSW7EQ replaces these items
- compact aluminum enclosure with 8-1/4" x 5-1/8" sub
- 75 watts RMS power amplifier (150 watts maximum)
- preamp- and speaker level-inputs plus wired remote
2 questions already asked
Absolutely fantastic. I cannot believe the bass this little thing puts out. A very worthy upgrade over the previous model also by Kenwood. My little Fiero has some great sound now!
Chris from Colorado Spgs, CO