About the Kenwood KSC-SW1
Kenwood's KSC-SW1 subwoofer may be just what you need if you're looking for more bass, but don't have space for a conventional sub box or powered sub. This compact sub features an amplifier that pushes 150 watts max to a 6-1/2" woofer, with a 6-1/2" passive radiator built in for good measure. It's all housed in a rugged, low-profile enclosure that will fit just about anywhere.
The passive radiator technology is one of the keys to the surprisingly big sound of the KSC-SW1. Air pressure from the powered woofer moves the unpowered 6-1/2" radiator, augmenting the bass response. Both subs are housed in a non-resonant cabinet with a rigid aluminum die-cast back panel. The rigid cabinet reduces vibrations that distort the output of the speakers, so you'll enjoy clean bass.
Kenwood has included a wiring harness that includes a power and ground cables, speaker input wires, and a fuse. Included mounting brackets help you mount the KSC-SW1 securely. And, the wired remote control lets you adjust the level, phase, and the low-pass filter settings right from the front seat.
- powered, enclosed subwoofer with 6-1/2" driver and 6-1/2" passive radiator
- built-in amplifier: 38 watts RMS power (150 watts maximum)
- frequency response: 35-150 Hz
- wired remote for control over:
- volume level control
- variable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz)
- selectable phase control (0°, 180°)
- power/ground wiring harness with 10A in-line fuse
- preamp (RCA) and speaker-level inputs
- dimensions: 15-3/4"W x 3-11/16"H x 9-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSC-SW1
What's in the box:
Kenwood KSC-SW1 owner's manual
- Amplified subwoofer
- Wired remote bass control with attached 19-3/4' flat cable (terminates into an RJ-14 plug)
- 19" RCA patch cord extension (with stereo female RCA jacks on one end and right angle stereo male RCA plugs on the other end)
- 19-3/4' Power/Ground/Remote/Speaker input harness (with a 10-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 2 Rubber cushions (2-3/8" square x 3/4" thick)
- 3/8" x 1" Self-adhesive Velcro strip
- 6 Hex/Phillips-head self-tapping screws (5mm x 16mm)
- 6 Machine screws (M4 x 6mm)
- 2 Metal side-mount brackets
- 2 Metal horizontal-mount brackets
- Metal cable support
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
Kenwood KSC-SW1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Kenwood KSC-SW1
Features & specs
|Enclosure Type||Passive Radiator|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||35-150 Hz|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||38 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||150 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Product Overview: The KSC-SW1 amplified subwoofer features a 150-watt (75 watts Peak x 2) amp, a dual voice coil 6-1/2" concave woofer, and a 6-1/2" concave passive radiator, all housed in a rugged, ultra-compact enclosure that will fit just about anywhere. The KSC-SW1 creates impressive bass through passive radiator technology. Air pressure from the powered 6-1/2" woofer moves the 6-1/2" passive radiator, augmenting the bass response.
Wired Remote Control: The wired remote control provides fingertip control over your low frequencies. You can raise and lower the bass level and the crossover point, plus switch the phase from 0° to 180°. The remote control can be attached anywhere using the supplied Velcro strip.
Mounting Options: The subwoofer, with it's 3-11/16" height, can be mounted flat under a seat in the passenger compartment, or in the trunk. With the included brackets, the subwoofer can be mounted on its side in the trunk or in the cargo area of an SUV.
Mounting Notes: The side bracket extends the overall depth to 4-3/8". If the upper screw holes are used, the side bracket raises the overall height to 10". The horizontal mount brackets extend the overall depth to 11-3/8"
Cable Management: Even though the connections are on the bottom, the unit mounts completely flat thanks to a 1-3/4" wide and 3/8" deep groove in the bottom for cable management.
Wired Remote Control:
- Phase: 2-way switch to select the phase of the subwoofer (0° or 180°)
- Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass filter frequency (range: 50 to 120 Hz)
- Level: rotary dial to control the volume level of the subwoofer
Note: There are no controls on the subwoofer.
Bottom of Woofer:
- Power/Speaker Input: 10-pin jack for use with supplied harness
- Remote: 6-pin jack for use with supplied wired remote
- Line In: stereo RCA jacks
Super product. After I got it installed and put in a CD the system had a full range of sound. It is not a 10" sub-box, but for what it is it works great. My F350 shakes with bass now. Product worth every penny, and I still have plenty of space in the tow rig for gear.
MUSTANGCOBRA1353 from Sandy Spring, MD