About the Kenwood KSC-SW10
The Kenwood KSC-SW10 powered subwoofer might look small, but it delivers impressive bass. This little powerhouse will fit under a seat in most vehicles, where it'll produce low-frequency response equal to that of a larger subwoofer in your trunk. It offers a great solution for those who want to reinforce the bass in their system without taking up a lot of space.
Kenwood uses passive-radiator technology to get the biggest bang possible from such a small enclosure. The built-in amplifier powers the 5"x7" woofer, and the air pressure from the powered speaker moves a non-powered 5"x7" cone next to it, augmenting overall production.
The rigid die-cast enclosure minimizes rattles, while the durable built-in amplifier feeds the speaker up to 150 watts. Kenwood throws in a wired remote, so you can control the bass from the driver's seat. A wiring harness and mounting brackets are also included.
- compact enclosure with 5"x7" driver and 5"x7" passive radiator
- built-in amplifier: 38 watts RMS power (150 watts maximum)
- wired remote for control over:
- volume level
- variable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz)
- selectable phase control (0°, 180°)
- power/ground wiring harness
- preamp (RCA) and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response: 35-120 Hz
- dimensions: 14-1/2"W x 3-9/16"H x 8-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSC-SW10
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Remote control with attached 19.5' cord (has 6-conductor RJ12 plug on the end)
- RCA Extension cable (with stereo female RCA jacks on one end and right angle stereo male RCA plugs on the other end)
- 19.5' Power/ground/control/signal input harness
- Cord security bar
- Velcro tape (2" x 7/8")
- 6 Hex/Phillips-head self-tapping screws (5mm dia. x 16mm)
- 8 M4 x 6mm machine screws
- 2 Straight mounting brackets
- 2 Angled mounting brackets
- Instruction Manual (Eng / Span / Fre / Ger)
- Warranty Card
Kenwood KSC-SW10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KSC-SW10
Features & specs
|Enclosure Type||Passive Radiator|
|Connector Type||RCA, Molex|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5X7|
|Woofer Material||Injection poly|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||38 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||150 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Product Overview: The KSC-SW10 amplified subwoofer features a built-in amp (38 watts RMS, 150 watts peak), a 5"x7" woofer, and a 5"x7" passive radiator (listed in the manual as 4-3/4" x 7-1/16"), all housed in a rugged, ultra-compact enclosure that will fit just about anywhere. The KSC-SW10 creates impressive bass through passive radiator technology. Air pressure from the powered 5"x7" woofer moves the 5"x7" passive radiator, augmenting the bass response.
Wired Remote Control: The wired remote control provides fingertip control over your low frequencies. You can raise and lower the bass level and the crossover point, plus switch the phase from 0° to 180°. The remote control can be attached anywhere using the supplied Velcro strip.
Mounting Options: The subwoofer, with its 3-9/16" height, can be mounted flat under a seat in the passenger compartment, or in the trunk. With the included brackets, the subwoofer can be mounted on its side in the trunk or in the cargo area of an SUV.
Mounting Notes: The side bracket extends the overall depth to 4-3/8" and overall width to 16-1/8". If the upper screw holes are used, the side bracket raises the overall height to 9-1/16". The horizontal mount brackets extend the overall depth to 10-3/16"
Cable Management: Even though the connections are on the bottom, the unit mounts completely flat thanks to a 1-3/4" wide and 3/8" deep groove in the bottom for cable management.
Wired Remote Control:
- Phase: 2-way switch to select the phase of the subwoofer (0° or 180°)
- Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass filter frequency (range: 50 to 120 Hz)
- Level: rotary dial to control the volume level of the subwoofer
Note: There are no controls on the subwoofer.
Bottom of Woofer:
- Power/Speaker Input: 10-pin jack for use with supplied harness
- Remote: 6-pin RJ12 jack for use with supplied wired remote
- Line In: stereo RCA jacks