About the Kenwood KSC-PSW8
Powerful bass in a small package
Powerful bass in a small package
You bought a smaller car — great gas mileage, but the sound system is just not cutting it! Kenwood made their KSC-PSW8 powered subwoofer to deliver impressive bass in less space. This compact powered enclosure fits under the seat in most vehicles, where it produces bass response that's equal to that of a larger subwoofer in your trunk. It offers a great solution for those who want to reinforce their low-frequency punch without losing a lot of room.
150 watts + 8" sub = bass
This Kenwood gives you impressive bass from a truly compact enclosure with an 8" woofer. The rigid enclosure eliminates rattles, while the durable built-in amplifier feeds the speaker 150 watts RMS. Kenwood also includes a wired remote, so you can control the bass from the driver's seat. A wiring harness and mounting brackets are also included.
- compact powered enclosure with 8" subwoofer
- built-in amplifier: 150 watts RMS power (250 watts maximum)
- wired remote for control over:
- volume level
- variable low-pass crossover (50-125 Hz)
- selectable phase control (0°, 180°)
- power/ground wiring harness
- preamp- (RCA) and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response: 35-150 Hz
- sensitivity: 81 dB
- dimensions: 13-3/4"W x 2-15/16"H x 9-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSC-PSW8
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Power/signal wiring harness with 28" input cable (stereo RCA) / 16.25' power wire (14 AWG) / 5' ground wire (dual 18 AWG) / 16.25' turn-on lead (18 AWG)
- 10A ATO fuse in fuse holder (installed on power wire)
- Remote control with 16.25' cable (RJ-45 plug)
- 14' Speaker input wires (male/female bullet connectors on one end and RCA plugs on other end)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Cable clamp
- 4 Self-tapping screws (M5 x 16mm)
- 4 Machine screws (M4 x 16mm)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (M3 x 10mm)
- Adhesive backed hook-and-loop pad
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Sheet (US)
Kenwood KSC-PSW8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KSC-PSW8
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||150 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||250 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The Kenwood KSC-PSW8 is an amplified subwoofer with a built-in Class D amplifier. It contains an 8" cone woofer, which is driven by a 150-watt RMS (250W Max) amp. The acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure is compact enough to fit under the seat, behind the seat, or in small storage compartments. The KSC-PSW8 comes with a wired remote control to let you control its volume, phase, and the frequency of the low-pass filter.
Enclosure: The KSC-PSW8 features a specially designed acoustic suspension enclosure. It includes a 7-1/2" metal mesh grille (non-removable) to protect the woofer.
Wired Control: The active subwoofer comes with a wired remote control with a 16.25' cable. From the control, you can set the volume, and vary the Frequency Control (of the built-in low pass filter) from 50 Hz to 125 Hz. In addition, you can switch the phase of the woofer from 0°(normal) to 180° (reverse), if needed.
Connections: The KSC-PSW8 comes with a single harness with power/ground/turn-on wiring and RCA input connections. The harness has 16.25' lengths of 14-gauge power wire (with an in-line 10A ATO fuse) and 18-gauge turn-on lead, plus a 5' dual 18-gauge ground wire. It also includes a 28" RCA input for connecting the subwoofer to an aftermarket stereo via RCA cables. A 14' speaker input harness is provided for connecting the sub to a factory radio (or a radio without RCA outputs). You can splice it to the head unit's speaker wires and plug it into the RCA input. An RJ-45 jack is provided on the bottom of the subwoofer for plugging in the remote control cable.
Controls: The only controls for the PSW8 are located on the wired remote. The rotary volume control (input sensitivity) lets you match the input of the subwoofer to the output of the head unit, and to control the volume of the sub, relative to the other speakers in the system. The rotary frequency control adjusts the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter between 50Hz and 125Hz. If you have large main speakers (6x9 or 6-1/2") in the vehicle, you can set the subwoofer's low pass filter near the 50Hz to 80Hz range. If the main speakers are smaller (4" or 5-1/4"), the low pass filter should be set in the 100Hz to 125Hz range.
Installation: The subwoofer comes with the hardware needed for installation. The enclosure installs using two brackets (included) attached on opposite ends. The power, remote, and signal connections are made in a recessed area on the bottom of the unit. The wires exit through a channel on the side of the unit. The included cable clamp holds the power, remote, and signal wires in place as they exit the channel.
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz to 150 Hz
- Sensitivity: 81 dB
- Phase: 0° or 180°
- Input Sensitivity (Line In): 125mV
- Low Pass Filter: 50 Hz to 125 Hz
- Power Output: 150 watts (RMS); 250 watts (Peak)
- Current Consumption: 10A
- Dimensions: Width 13.75", Height 2.985", Depth 9.444"
- Weight: 9.9 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked