About the Kenwood KTC-HR200
Get rid of the popping, hissing, and interference in your daily commute, and switch to digital radio broadcasts with Kenwood's KTC-HR200 HD Radio tuner. The tuner works with all 2003-up satellite radio-ready Kenwood receivers with CD changer controls, along with 2008-up audio/video receivers with Kenwood's KAB data bus system.
Once you connect the KTC-HR200, you'll still receive current analog radio signals, but tune to an HD Radio station and the tuner will switch automatically to the digital signal. You'll hear FM stations that approach CDs in sound quality, along with AM stations that sound as good as today's analog FM.
HD Radio technology allows a station to create up to three separate channels on its assigned frequency. The KTC-HR200 will receive these additional channels, so you'll enjoy a wider selection of entertainment and information provided by your favorite radio stations. And when you tune to any HD Radio or Radio Data System (RDS) station, you'll see song, title, and artist details, along with other text information, on your Kenwood stereo's display.
Important Note: The KTC-HR200 does not have a pass-through connection. Call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you want to connect this tuner and another Kenwood component to your Kenwood car stereo.
- HD Radio technology for improved sound quality and minimal interference
- connects to 2003-up Kenwood audio receivers with 5-line data bus connection
- connects to all 2008-up Kenwood audio/video receivers with high-speed KAB data bus connection
- receives multicasting content (where available)
- single-cable connection
- built-in Radio Data System (RDS) receiver
- song title/artist info and other text content appears on stereo's display
- stereo RCA outputs
- KAB to 5-line adapter cable included
- connects to SIRIUS adapter using optional cable (CA-SR20V)
- no pass-through connection
- dimensions: 6-1/2"W x 4-3/8"D x 1-3/8"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTC-HR200
What's in the box:
- HD Radio Tuner with attached 57" DIN-cable terminated by a proprietary 13-pin connector
- 7" KAB adapter cable (13-pin connector on one end and a 9-pin connector on other end)
- 59" Antenna cable (female Motorola connector on one end and a male Motorola connector on other end)
- Velcro strip
- Instruction Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty Card
Kenwood KTC-HR200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KTC-HR200
HD Radio: HD Radio technology, where available, offers higher quality sound than conventional analog broadcasts and receives text data. HD Radio provides FM broadcasts that are equal to CD sound quality and AM broadcasts that are as good as analog FM stereo broadcasts. HD Radio also provides a variety of data, including station name, song title, artist name, album name, etc.
Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8 and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
Head Unit Compatibility: The KTC-HR200 tuner can be controlled by most 2003 and up HD Ready Kenwood receivers which feature either Kenwood's 13-pin connector or Kenwood's KAB 9-pin connector. The KTC-HR200 is both digital and analog, so the tuner can receive all FM and AM stations.
Receive Mode: You can choose one of the following receive modes:
- Auto: analog broadcasts and digital broadcasts are switched automatically. When both are being transmitted, the digital broadcast will have priority.
- Digital: receives digital broadcasts only
- Analog: receives analog broadcasts only
Tuning Mode: The KTC-HR200 tuner has the following three tuning modes: Auto seek, Preset station seek, and Manual.
Preset Memory: You can store 18 FM and 6 AM stations in the receiver's preset memory.
Auto Memory Entry: This feature selects stations with the strongest signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency.
Information Display: When listening to HD Radio, you can cycle through the following information on the receiver's display: station name, song title/artist name/album name/genre, and frequency.
To Head Unit: 13-pin jack attached to a 57" cable that connects to a compatible Kenwood head unit which features a 13-pin CD changer port. The Headunit also comes supplied with a 13-pin to 9-pin KAB adapter to connect to compatible Kenwood head units which feature the new KAB port.
Note: There are two dip-switches on the tuner that need to be adjusted based on whether you are connecting the KTC-HR200 to a Kenwood head unit with a 13-pin port or 9-pin KAB port.
Antenna: Motorola jack which is used to connect your vehicle's antenna. (unit come supplied with a 59" antenna extension cable)
Analog FM Tuner Section:
- Usable Sensitivity (S/N = 30 dB): 11.2 dBf
- Quieting Sensitivity (S/N = 50 dB): 16.3 dBf
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 40 Hz - 15 kHz
- Selectivity (+/-400 kHz): > 65 dB
- Stereo Separation (1 kHz): 40 dB
Digital FM Tuner Section:
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20kHz
Analog AM Tuner Section:
- Usable Sensitivity (S/N = 20 dB): 20 uV
Digital AM Tuner Section:
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 15 kHz