About the Kenwood PA-W801B
A name you can trust
A name you can trust
With 60 years of experience, Kenwood knows how to deliver when it comes to high-quality mobile sound. Their PA-W801B powered subwoofer enclosure brings their intelligent design and great sound to a box that will fit under many car seats.
Loud and clear
This rugged box is built around a shallow-mount 8" subwoofer that lets this enclosure come in at only 5-7/8" tall, allowing it to fit under many seats or in other tight spots. The down-firing design allows you to stack stuff on top of the sub if it's in your cargo area. The speaker's polypropylene cone is designed with reinforcing ridges that add stiffness and a two-level surface that helps the cone retain its shape to reduce distortion. The rubber surround and stress-controlled spider keep things on track for tight, solid bass. Airflow from the cone helps to cool the sub's voice coil for dependable performance.
Dial in your sound
With a built-in amp that delivers 200 watts RMS, the PA-W801B gives you plenty of bass output in a minimal package, while the amp's RCA line-level and speaker-level inputs let you connect to most systems. Onboard controls include input sensitivity, bass boost, and low-pass filter, as well as a phase switch. A wired remote control with a 19.7-foot cable lets you control bass level from the driver's seat. A detachable power connector makes it simple to disconnect the box for easy removal when you need additional space. With Kenwood's PA-W801B compact enclosure, that tight spot just could be the right spot.
- ported powered enclosure with one 8" shallow-mount subwoofer
- ribbed polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- down-firing design for installation flexibility
- stress-controlled spider
- built-in 200-watt RMS amplifier (400 watts peak)
- 8-gauge amp wiring kit required (sold separately)
- frequency response: 32-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 80 dB
- input sensitivity
- bass boost
- LPF frequency
- phase switch
- wired remote with 19.7' cable
- detachable power connector for easy removal when you need space
- dimensions: 18.25"W x 6.05"H x 11.88"D
- weight: 18-1/2 lb.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA-W801B
What's in the box:
- Powered 8" subwoofer (25A fuse installed)
- 3-Pin power/ground/remote connector (installed)
- Remote level control
- 19.5' Remote level control cable (RJ-25 terminated)
- 1 Jam nut
- 1 Washer
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Sixteen 1" screws
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
Kenwood PA-W801B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood PA-W801B
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||200 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||400 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The Kenwood PA-W801B is a compact, down-firing powered subwoofer designed to sit under a wide variety of vehicle seats, making it useful for vehicles with limited space.
Note: The Kenwood PA-W801B subwoofer does not include any wiring. An 8 AWG amp wiring kit is recommended and sold separately.
Enclosure & Driver: The Kenwood ported enclosure is constructed of MDF (medium-density fiberboard) and covered with high-grade black automotive carpeting. The 8" driver features an improved magnetic circuit and a cooling system that allows air to flow from the top of the cone down around the voice coil. A dual area dust cap and reinforcement ridges on the cone reduce distortion and help maintain its shape during heavy use. The combination of the enclosure and driver allow for tight solid bass in a compact form.
Amplifier: The PA-W801B features a high-efficiency class-D amplifier that can provide 200 watts of RMS power (400W peak). A class-D design allows the amp to run cooler while maintaining a more compact form than class-A/B amplifiers.
Power/Ground Plug: The power, ground, and remote turn-on wires attach to a removable 3-pin terminal block; easily unplugged so the subwoofer can be removed when you need more storage space. Each terminal is a screw clamp that will accept up to 8 gauge wire (minimum 8 gauge power and ground recommend).
Audio Inputs: A stereo pair of RCA jacks (summed) is provided for either line- or speaker-level input signals. If running speaker-level signals, a set of RCA connectors with bare-ended wire will be required for connection (sold separately).
Remote Level Control: The PA-W801B includes a wired Remote Level Control, letting you adjust the bass level from the front of your vehicle.
Note: Mounting the Remote Level Control requires drilling a 1/4" hole into a dash or console panel.
Controls & Indicator:
- Input Sensitivity: A rotary control adjusts the input signal
level with either high- or low-level signals.
- Line-Level: 0.2V - 5.0V
- Speaker-Level: 4.0V - 12.0V
- Bass Boost: Can increase the bass level up to +12dB.
- LPF: A rotary low-pass filter is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.
- Polarity: A two position switch lets you reverse the phase of the subwoofer (0°, 180°)
- Power Indicator: Lights when unit is powered on.
- Wired Remote Input: An RJ-25 socket provides the connection to the included Remote Level Control.
Wired Remote Dimensions:
- Width: 0.75"
- Height: 0.875"
- Total Depth: 2.25" (incl. wiring)
- Mounting Depth: 2.0" (incl. wiring)
45 questions already asked