About the Kenwood 150-watt Bass Package
This Kenwood "party pack" includes the KAC-1502S 2-channel amplifier and two KFC-W110S 10" subs exactly the components you need to produce bold, punchy bass in your car. Just add an enclosure and wiring, and you'll enjoy strong low-frequency performance.
Loud and clear
Each KFC-W110S 10" subwoofer sports an injection-molded polypropylene cone with a thick urethane surround, a combination that promotes deep excursion and accurate bass response. Each sub handles up to 175 watts RMS, and can be mounted in a sealed or ported box.
Kenwood's tough KAC-1502S 2-channel amplifier powers the two subs comfortably with 150 watts in single-channel mode. A low-pass filter directs the correct frequencies to the subs, giving you plenty of bass without distortion. You'll finally hear and feel the low-frequency notes your car's full-range speakers can't play.
Important Note: The power of the amp in this bass package is significantly less than the manufacturer's recommended power handling for the included sub(s). It's OK to underpower your subs, as long as you set the amp's gain controls properly to avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire up the sub(s) in this package.
- package includes Kenwood KAC-1502S 2-channel amplifier and two KFC-W110S 10" subwoofers
KAC-1502S 2-channel amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (150 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- fixed low-pass filter (80 Hz at 18 dB per octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 9-1/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
KFC-W110S 10" 8-ohm subwoofers
- injection-molded polypropylene woofer cone with high-roll urethane surround
- black stamped-steel basket
- power range (per sub): 45-175 watts RMS (700 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-1,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- top-mount depth: 4-7/8"
- sealed box volume (per sub): 1 cubic foot
- ported box volume (per sub): 1-1/4 cubic feet
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-W1010
What's in the box:
- This Kenwood Amp/Sub Package contains three individually packaged items in one larger box: a KAC-1502S Amplifier and two KFC-W110S Subwoofers
- The KAC-1502S Box includes:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 25 amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 7.5" Speaker-level input harness
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Each KFC-W110S Subwoofer box includes:
- 10" SVC 8-ohm woofer
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive foam gasket
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
Kenwood 150-watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood 150-watt Bass Package
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range (for full range amplifiers) of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). The Kenwood KAC-1502S under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 60 Watts RMS x 2 channels with an 80 dBA signal to noise ratio. The signal to noise ratio at the rated power output (not CEA-2006 conditions) is 95 dB.
2-Ohm Stable: The amplifier can support a 2-ohm load in stereo; the 2-ohm power output is 75 watts RMS x 2 channels.
Bridgeable: This two-channel amplifier can be bridged to a 4-ohm mono load; the bridged output is 150 watts x 1 channel RMS.
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The KAC-1502S utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure the amplifier stays cool.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- speaker output contacts ground
- speaker wire short-circuits
- unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
Power Indicator: When the amplifier is turned on the Power indicator (on top of the amp) lights up red. This indicator turns off with the amplifier, and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Gain Control: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the KAC-1502S features an adjustable gain control; 0.2-5.0 volts (RCA).
Low Pass Crossover: The amplifier has a fixed 80Hz, -18dB/oct low-pass filter which can be turned On or Off.
Power Connections: The power, ground, and remote turn-on connections are 0.35" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended. Minimum 10 gauge wire is required for power and ground.
Speaker Outputs: The two pair of speaker outputs are 0.35" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are also recommended for the speaker wires.
Note: The speaker output terminals can be used in stereo or bridged mode.
Line Level Input: The line input is a pair of stereo RCA jacks.
Speaker Level Input: A harness is included for the speaker level input. The input harness is common ground; it will not accept floating ground outputs.
Fuse: The amplifier uses a 25-amp ATO blade-type fuse.
Woofer: The cone is constructed of polypropylene which is lightweight, efficient, and durable.
Surround Material: The woofer utilizes a high excursion urethane foam for added durability and better bass performance.
Basket: The woofer features a black stamped-steel basket for added rigidity.
Enclosure Compatibility: The KFC-W110S can be mounted in either a sealed or ported enclosure:
- Sealed Box Volume: The recommended sealed box sizes range from 0.6 cu/ft to 1.5 cu/ft, the ideal size being 1.0 cu/ft.
- Ported Box Volume: The recommended ported box sizes range from 0.75 cu/ft to 1.75 cu/ft, the ideal size being 1.25 cu/ft using a 3" diameter x 7" long port.
The Kenwood 150-watt Bass Package replaces these items
- package includes KAC-5204 amplifier (150 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms) and two KFC-W110S 10" 8-ohm subwoofers (power range 50-175 watts RMS per sub)
1 question already asked