About the Kenwood P-W101B 170-watt Bass Package
This Kenwood bass package includes the KAC-5207 amplifier and a ported enclosure with a 10" sub. The sub's injection-molded polypropylene cone hammers out bass notes with ease, while the ported sub enclosure maximizes the low-frequency impact. All you need to add is wiring for years of bass fun.
The enclosure is made to fit into tight spaces, with a maximum depth of only 8-1/8". It'll fit behind truck seats and in tight trunks, making use of the empty space for great bass in a small package.
The KAC-5207 Class AB amplifier delivers 170 watts RMS in single-channel mode to the enclosure, while its built-in low-pass filter sends only the low frequencies to the 10" sub. You'll finally be able to feel those low-frequencies that were missing from your vehicle's sound system..
- package includes Kenwood KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier and sealed enclosure with 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier:
- 70 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (170 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms)
- switchable low-pass filter (80 Hz, 18 dB per octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on on speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 6-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- one 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
- ported enclosure
- power handling: 175 watts RMS (700 watts peak)
- frequency response: 45-500 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- enclosure dimensions: 21-7/8"W x 8-1/8"D (base) x 4-1/8"D (top) x 14-1/2"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-W101B
What's in the box:
- The Kenwood P-W101B bass package contains the WBOX100 subwoofer and the KAC-5207 amplifier (separately boxed)
- The WBOX100 includes:
- Black carpeted vented truck-style enclosure loaded with a 10" subwoofer
- 2 Angled metal mounting brackets
- 8 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- System Wiring Instructions
- Kenwood Warranty Card
- The KAC-5207 amplifier box includes:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 25A ATO fuse (installed)
- 9" Speaker-level input harness
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Kenwood Warranty Card
Kenwood P-W101B 170-watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood P-W101B 170-watt Bass Package
Package Overview: The Kenwood P-W101B is a bass package for your vehicle which includes a 10" subwoofer in a vented, truck-style enclosure and a two-channel amplifier.
Driver: The installed driver in the subwoofer enclosure is a 10" injection-molded polypropylene cone with a foam surround. Its frequency response is 45Hz to 500Hz, and it has a power-handling capability of 175 watts RMS and 700 watts peak. The sub has an 86dB sensitivity (1 W/1 m), and presents a 4-ohm load to the terminals. The subwoofer does not include a grille.
Enclosure: The enclosure is made of sturdy medium-density fiberboard (MDF) covered with black carpet. The white and red Kenwood logo is embroidered into the front panel. The round terminal cup has two spring posts that accept bare wire, pin connectors, single- and dual-banana plugs. The enclosure has a large, trapezoidal-shaped port on the right side that runs the entire width of the box. Metal brackets and hardware are included for securely mounting the subwoofer into your vehicle.
Dimensions/Weight: The dimensions and weight of the enclosure are:
- Width: 21.75"
- Height: 14.625"
- Depth (bottom): 8.125"
- Depth (top): 4"
- Weight: 19.8 pounds
Amplifier Power Output: The Kenwood KAC-5207 is a two-channel amplifier that can be bridged to a 4-ohm mono load. The amp has the following power output specs:
- 70 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms (CTA-2006 spec)
- 85 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2 ohms
- 170 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms bridged
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The KAC-5207 utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure the amplifier stays cool.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- speaker wire short-circuits
- speaker output contacts ground
- unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- the amp overheats
Power Indicator: When the amplifier is turned on the Power indicator (on top of the amp) lights up. This indicator turns off with the amplifier, and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
- Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the KAC-5207 features an adjustable gain control. Input sensitivity is 0.2V - 5.0V line level (RCA) and 4.0V - 12.0V speaker level.
- Low Pass Crossover: The amplifier has a fixed 80Hz low-pass filter with a slope of 18dB per octave. The filter can be turned On or Off as needed.
- Power Connections: The power, ground, and remote turn-on connections are 0.425" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat head screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended. Minimum 10 gauge wire is required for power and ground. A 25-amp fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery terminal.
- Speaker Outputs: The two pair of speaker outputs are 0.315" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are also recommended for the speaker wires. The speaker output terminals can be used in stereo or bridged mode.
- Line Level Input: The line input is a pair of stereo RCA jacks.
- Speaker Level Input: A 9" wiring harness is included for the speaker level input. When using a speaker level input, the amp will turn on automatically when it senses the input signal.
- Fuse: The amplifier uses a 25-amp ATO blade-type fuse.
- Frequency Response (0, -3dB): 20Hz - 50kHz
- Power Output:
- Stereo 4Ω: 70 W x 2 (20Hz-20kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Stereo 2Ω: 85 W x 2 (1kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged 4Ω: 170 W x 1 (1kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Minimum Impedance: 2Ω
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB (80dBA CTA-2006)
- Dimensions: Width 9.074" Height 2.24" Depth 6.648"
- Weight: 3.1 pounds
The Kenwood P-W101B 170-watt Bass Package replaces these items
- package includes Kenwood KAC-5206 2-channel amplifier and ported enclosure with 10" subwoofer
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms)
- one 10" 4-ohm woofer
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked