About the Kenwood P-W1020 150-Watt Bass Package
This Kenwood "party pack" includes the KAC-5206 2-channel amplifier and two KFC-W110S 10" subs — exactly the components you need to produce bold, punchy bass in your car. Just add an enclosure and wiring, and you'll enjoy strong low-frequency performance.
Loud and clear
Each KFC-W110S 10" subwoofer sports an injection-molded polypropylene cone with a thick urethane surround, a combination that promotes deep excursion and accurate bass response. Each sub handles up to 175 watts RMS, and can be mounted in a sealed or ported box.
Kenwood's tough KAC-5206 2-channel amplifier powers the two subs comfortably with 150 watts in single-channel mode. A low-pass filter directs the correct frequencies to the subs, giving you plenty of bass without distortion. You'll finally hear and feel the low-frequency notes your car's full-range speakers can't play.
Important Note: The power of the amp in this bass package is significantly less than the manufacturer's recommended power handling for the included sub(s). It's OK to underpower your subs, as long as you set the amp's gain controls properly to avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire up the sub(s) in this package.
- package includes Kenwood KAC-5206 2-channel amplifier and two KFC-W110S 10" subwoofers
KAC-5206 2-channel amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (150 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- fixed low-pass filter (80 Hz at 18 dB per octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-7/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
KFC-W110S 10" 8-ohm subwoofers
- injection-molded polypropylene woofer cone with high-roll urethane surround
- black stamped-steel basket
- power range (per sub): 45-175 watts RMS (700 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-1,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- top-mount depth: 4-7/8"
- sealed box volume (per sub): 1 cubic foot
- ported box volume (per sub): 1-1/4 cubic feet
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-W1020
What's in the box:
- This Kenwood Amp/Sub Package contains three individually-packaged items inside one box: one KAC-5206 Amplifier and two KFC-W110S Subwoofers
- The KAC-5206 Amplifier box contains:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 25 amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 7" Speaker-level input harness
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Each KFC-W110S Subwoofer box includes:
- One 10" Single Voice Coil 8-ohm subwoofer
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Adhesive backed foam gasket
- Instruction Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Warranty Card
Kenwood P-W1020 150-Watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood P-W1020 150-Watt Bass Package
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood KAC-5206 is rated at 60 watts RMS x 2 channels with an 80 dBA signal to noise ratio. The signal to noise ratio at the rated power output (not CEA-2006 conditions) is 95 dB.
2-Ohm Stable: The amplifier can support a 2-ohm load in stereo; the 2-ohm power output is 75 watts RMS x 2 channels.
Bridgeable: This two-channel amplifier can be bridged to a 4-ohm mono load (for example, the two included subwoofers wired in parallel); the bridged output is 150 watts x 1 channel RMS.
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The KAC-5206 utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure the amplifier stays cool.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- speaker wire short-circuits
- speaker output contacts ground
- unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- the amp overheats
Power Indicator: When the amplifier is turned on the Power indicator (on top of the amp) lights up. This indicator turns off with the amplifier, and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, the amp will turn on automatically when it senses the input signal.
Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the KAC-5206 features an adjustable gain control; 0.2-5.0 volts line level (RCA) and 4.0-12.0 volts speaker level.
Low Pass Crossover: The amplifier has an 80Hz, -18dB/oct low-pass filter which can be turned On or Off.
Power Connections: The power, ground, and remote turn-on connections are 0.35" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended. Minimum 10 gauge wire is required for power and ground.
Speaker Outputs: The two pair of speaker outputs are 0.35" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are also recommended for the speaker wires.
Note: The speaker output terminals can be used in stereo or bridged mode.
Line Level Input: The line input is a pair of stereo RCA jacks.
Speaker Level Input: A wiring harness is included for the speaker level input.
Fuse: The amplifier uses a 25-amp ATO blade-type fuse.
Woofer: The cone is constructed of injection molded polypropylene, which is lightweight and durable. This process of cone molding insures a uniform cone thickness to maintain linearity.
Surround Material: The woofer utilizes a high excursion urethane foam to improve its output capability.
Enclosure Compatibility: The KFC-W110S can be mounted in either a sealed or ported enclosure.
- Sealed Box Volume: The recommended sealed box volume range is from 0.6 ft³ to 1.5 ft³, with 1.0 ft³ being the ideal size.
- Ported Box Volume: The recommended ported box volume range is from 0.75 ft³ to 1.75 ft³, with 1.25 ft³ being the ideal size, using a 3" diameter and 7" long port.
The Kenwood P-W1020 150-Watt Bass Package replaces these items
- package includes KAC-1502S amplifier (150 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms) and two KFC-W110S 10" 8-ohm subwoofers (power range 45-175 watts RMS per sub)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked