About the Kenwood P-W1021 170-Watt Bass Package
Kenwood put together this bass party pack so you can enjoy the bold, punchy bass in your music that was missing. The package includes two tough 10" component subs along with a 170-watt amplifier — all you need is a subwoofer box and an amp wiring kit for a complete bass system that'll help every ride rock.
Kenwood's KFC-W110S 10" subwoofer features an injection-molded polypropylene cone with a thick urethane surround, a combination that promotes deep excursion and accurate bass response. Each sub can handle up to 175 watts RMS. The two component subwoofers can mount singly or together, in sealed or ported boxes.
Kenwood's KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier will power the subs with up to 170 watts RMS in mono mode. The amp's speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on allow you to install it in just about any kind of system, even one using a factory radio.
Note: The power of the amp in this bass package is significantly less than the manufacturer's recommended power handling for the included subs. It's OK to under-power your subs, as long as you set the amp gain properly and avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire the subs to the amp in this package.
- package includes two KFC-W110S 10" subwoofers and a Kenwood KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier
Two KFC-W110S 10" 8-ohm subwoofers
- injection-molded polypropylene woofer cone with high-roll urethane surround
- black stamped-steel basket
- power range (per sub): 45-175 watts RMS (700 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-1,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- top-mount depth: 4-7/8"
- sealed box volume (per sub): 1 cubic foot
- ported box volume (per sub): 1.25 cubic feet
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier
- 70 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (85 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 170 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class AB design
- switchable low-pass filter (80 Hz, 18 dB per octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 25A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 6-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-W1021
What's in the box:
- This Kenwood Amp/Sub Package contains three individually-packaged items inside one box: one KAC-5207 Amplifier and two KFC-W110S Subwoofers
- The KAC-5207 Amplifier box contains:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 25A ATO fuse (installed)
- 9" Speaker-level input harness
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Each KFC-W110S Subwoofer box includes:
- One 10" Single Voice Coil 8-ohm subwoofer
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Adhesive backed foam gasket
- Instruction Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Warranty information
Kenwood P-W1021 170-Watt Bass Package reviews
For the price and size it's hard to find a better sounding package, sounds great and I didn't give up my whole trunk space for it.
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Kenwood P-W1021 170-Watt Bass Package
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). Using CTA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood KAC-5207 is rated at 70 watts RMS x 2 channels with an 80 dBA signal to noise ratio. The signal to noise ratio at the rated power output (not CTA-2006 conditions) is 100 dB.
2Ω Stable: The amplifier can support a 2Ω load in stereo; the 2Ω power output is 85 watts RMS x 2 channels.
Bridgeable: This two-channel amplifier can be bridged to a 4Ω load (as presented by the included subwoofers wired in parallel); the bridged output is 170 watts x 1 channel RMS.
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The KAC-5207 utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure the amplifier stays cool.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- speaker wire short-circuits
- speaker output contacts ground
- unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- the amp overheats
Power Indicator: When the amplifier is turned on the Power indicator (on top of the amp) lights up. This indicator turns off with the amplifier, and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, the amp will turn on automatically when it senses an input signal.
Gain Control: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the KAC-5207 features an adjustable gain control; 0.2-5.0 volts line level (RCA) and 4.0-12.0 volts speaker level.
Low Pass Crossover: The amplifier has a fixed 80 Hz low-pass filter with a slope of 18dB per octave. The filter can be turned On/Off as needed.
Power Connections: The power, ground, and remote turn-on connections are 0.425" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended. Minimum 10 gauge wire is required for power and ground. A 25-amp fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery terminal.
Speaker Outputs: The two pair of speaker outputs are 0.315" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are also recommended for the speaker wires.
Note: The speaker output terminals can be used in stereo or bridged mode.
Line Level Input: The line input is a pair of stereo RCA jacks.
Speaker Level Input: A 9" wiring harness is included for the speaker level input.
Fuse: The amplifier uses a 25-amp ATO blade-type fuse.
Woofer: The cone is constructed of injection molded polypropylene, which is lightweight and durable. This process of cone molding insures a uniform cone thickness to maintain linearity.
Surround Material: The woofer utilizes a high excursion urethane foam to improve its output capability.
Enclosure Compatibility: The KFC-W110S can be mounted in either a sealed or ported enclosure.
- Sealed Box Volume: The recommended sealed box volume range is from 0.6 ft³ to 1.5 ft³, with 1.0 ft³ being the ideal size.
- Ported Box Volume: The recommended ported box volume range is from 0.75 ft³ to 1.75 ft³, with 1.25 ft³ being the ideal size, using a 3" diameter and 7" long port.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked