About the Kenwood P-W121B 170-watt Bass Package
This Kenwood bass package includes the KAC-5207 amplifier and a sealed enclosure with a 12" sub. The sub's injection-molded polypropylene cone hammers out bass notes with ease, while the sealed sub enclosure maximizes the low-frequency punch. All you need to add is wiring for years of bass fun.
The enclosure is made to fit into tight spaces, with a depth of only 7-1/4". It'll fit behind truck seats and in tight trunks, making use of the empty space for great bass in a small package.
The KAC-5207 Class AB amplifier delivers 170 watts RMS in single-channel mode to the enclosure, while its built-in low-pass filter sends only the low frequencies to the 12" sub. You'll finally be able to feel those low-frequencies that were missing from your vehicle's sound system..
- package includes Kenwood KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier and sealed enclosure with 12" 4-ohm subwoofer
KAC-5207 2-channel amplifier:
- 70 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (170 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms)
- switchable low-pass filter (80 Hz, 18 dB per octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on on speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 6-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- one 12" 4-ohm subwoofer
- sealed enclosure
- power handling: 300 watts RMS (1200 watts peak)
- frequency response: 40-300 Hz
- sensitivity: 84 dB
- enclosure dimensions: 22"W x 7-1/4"D x 13-3/8"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-W121B
What's in the box:
- WBOX120 Enclosure loaded with one 12" Subwoofer
- 2-Channel KAC-5207 amplifier
- 25-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 9" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Subwoofer mounting brackets
- Eight 1" Screws
- Four 5/8" Screws
- System wiring instructions
- Amplifier instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
Kenwood P-W121B 170-watt Bass Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood P-W121B 170-watt Bass Package
- Terminals: spring post terminals (one pair); mounted on the left side of the enclosure; will accept pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs (3/4" width), or bare wire up to 10 gauge
- Width: 22"
- Height: 7-1/4"
- Depth: 13-3/8"
- Weight: 20.7 pounds
- Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, the amp will turn on automatically when it senses the input signal.
- Low Pass Crossover: The amplifier has a fixed 80Hz low-pass filter with a slope of 18dB per octave. The filter can be turned On or Off as needed. (Should be turned on to power the included subwoofer.)
- Bridgeable: This two-channel amplifier is bridged to the 4Ω mono subwoofer load; the bridged output is 170 watts x 1 channel RMS.
- Power Connections: The power, ground, and remote turn-on connections are 0.425" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended. Minimum 10 gauge wire is required for power and ground. A 25-amp fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery terminal.
- Speaker Outputs: The two pair of speaker outputs are 0.315" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are also recommended for the speaker wires.
- Line Level Input: The line input is a pair of stereo RCA jacks.
- Speaker Level Input: A 9" wiring harness is included for the speaker level input.
- Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the KAC-5207 features an adjustable gain control; 0.2-5.0 volts line level (RCA) and 4.0-12.0 volts speaker level.
- Power Indicator: The Power indicator (on top of the amp) lights up when the amplifier is turned on. This indicator turns off with the amplifier, and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
- Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection
circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- speaker wire short-circuits
- speaker output contacts ground
- unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- the amp overheats
- Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The KAC-5207 utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure the amplifier stays cool.
- Fuse: The amplifier uses a 25-amp ATO blade-type fuse.
- Width: 9.074"
- Height: 2.24"
- Depth: 6.648"
- CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). Using CTA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood KAC-5207 is rated at 70 watts RMS x 2 channels with an 80 dBA signal to noise ratio. The signal to noise ratio at the rated power output (not CTA-2006 conditions) is 100 dB.
The Kenwood P-W121B 170-watt Bass Package replaces these items
- package includes Kenwood KAC-5206 2-channel amplifier and sealed enclosure with 12" 4-ohm subwoofer
- 60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (150 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms)
- one 12" 4-ohm woofer
6 questions already asked