About the Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221D
Excellence from Excelon
Excellence from Excelon
Kenwood's Excelon Series mobile audio components feature their highest level of technology in advanced designs that give you the great sound and quality you expect from Kenwood. Their subwoofer enclosures are built to last, with solid enclosures and subs made to kick out the jams.
Subs built to dish it out
The P-XW1221D comes loaded with two 12" Excelon Series subwoofers wired for 2 ohms total impedance. Each sub's polypropylene cone features a diamond array pattern to minimize distortion, while the rubber surround and computer-optimized stress-controlled spider keep things on track. The speaker is designed to dissipate heat generated by extended high-powered use, with an internal design that directs airflow to avoid overheating.
A box made to take it
The rugged enclosure is built from 5/8" MDF with a 3/4" thick internal baffle to give the subs solid support. The box's slant-back design suppresses standing waves which can interfere with bass response, and allows it to fit neatly behind the rear seat of an SUV. Rounded port corners reduce port noise and airflow resistance. The P-XW1221D can be used in front-facing, rear-facing, or down-firing applications. Steel-mesh grilles protect the speakers from accidental damage.
This box handles up to 600 watts RMS, so you'll want an amplifier with the power to get the best from this enclosure. The P-XW1221D is performance-matched to Kenwood's Excelon XR601-1 amp (sold separately). Whatever power source you choose, you'll get huge bass with the performance and quality you need.
- ported enclosure with two 12" subwoofers
- wired for 2 ohms total impedance
- polypropylene cone with diamond array pattern
- stress controlled spider
- 5/8" MDF construction with 3/4" MDF baffle
- power handling: 600 watts RMS (2000 watts peak)
- total impedance: 2 ohms
- frequency response: 29-300 Hz
- spring-post terminals accommodate up to 8-gauge wire
- can be installed as front-, rear-, or down-firing
- steel-mesh grilles included
- dimensions: 35-3/4"W x 15-13/16"H x 15-13/16"D1 x 12-9/16"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-XW1221D
What's in the box:
- Ported enclosure loaded with two 12" Excelon subwoofers
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Eight 1" screws
- Warranty information
Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221D
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||2|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||12-1/2|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Frequency Response||31-300Hz Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||600|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Driver: The Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221D ported subwoofer enclosure features 2 heavy-duty 12" drivers, internally wired for a 2Ω output, that can handle 600W RMS with peak power up to 2000W. The injection-molded Polypropylene cones feature a Diamond Array pattern along with an X-Motif dust cap, allowing for excellent control over the resonant frequency while cutting down on unwanted frequencies. Other driver improvements include a computer-optimized spider, for increased mechanical durability and stress control, along with a robust thermal management system. This includes a closed yoke design with an aluminum bobbin for advanced airflow control and heat dispersion around the voice coil and spider. The 12" subwoofer drivers are protected with steel mesh grilles.
Enclosure: The P-XW1221D is constructed of 5/8" thick MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with a 3/4" thick baffle, providing outstanding strength and durability for maintaining tight accurate bass at high volumes.
- Slant Back Design: The enclosure's slant back design allows it to fit behind vehicle seats easier, and helps suppress standing waves from forming inside the enclosure.
- Multi-Position Mounting: The enclosure is designed so that it can be mounted in a forward, rearward, or down-firing orientation. Raised "legs" on the speaker side of the enclosure allow it to sit in a down-firing position. This ensures low frequency transmission without loss, while helping protect the two 12" drivers.
- Improved Port: The enclosure's port opening features rounded edges for reduced airflow resistance and less generated noise.
Connection: The P-XW1221D includes a single pair of nickel-plated spring-post connectors that can accept speaker wire up to 8AWG. The total output impedance at the connectors is 2Ω.
- Driver Size: 12" (x2)
- RMS Power: 600W
- Peak Power: 2000W
- Impedance: 2Ω
- Frequency Response: 31-300Hz
The Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221D replaces these items
- polypropylene cone with "dual area" cap
- down-firing design for greater output and more installation flexibility
- power handling: 1000 watts RMS (2000 watts peak)